PDA

View Full Version : Price Drop



symposiumx
09-24-2003, 12:26 PM
My apologies if this has been covered already...

What is the purposed price drop for the xbox console, and when is it scheduled to take effect? Thank you.

RudedogX
09-24-2003, 12:27 PM
Didn't it just happen? It droped to 179. I don't think there's going to be another price drop for a little while.:confused:

Kraft
09-24-2003, 12:29 PM
I don't know... Nintendo may have just successfully bullied Sony and MS into making an unplanned price drop, as an 80 dollar gap between competing consoles is too enticing for consumers during the holiday season. At the very least you will probably see better package deals and maybe a slight price drop... but most likely it will be nothing too major.

symposiumx
09-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Nick-XBA
I don't know... Nintendo may have just successfully bullied Sony and MS into making an unplanned price drop, as an 80 dollar gap between competing consoles is too enticing for consumers during the holiday season. At the very least you will probably see better package deals and maybe a slight price drop... but most likely it will be nothing too major.

ok thank you all for the information. As much as I hate to do this, especially with amazing games coming out, I am thinking of selling my xbox :(

What seems like a fair price to all of you? (I see used refurbished at ebgames for $149, but someone is offering me $100 and that seems a tad too low?)

sorry for taking up forum space...thanks all

Casper
09-24-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx


ok thank you all for the information. As much as I hate to do this, especially with amazing games coming out, I am thinking of selling my xbox :(

What seems like a fair price to all of you? (I see used refurbished at ebgames for $149, but someone is offering me $100 and that seems a tad too low?)

sorry for taking up forum space...thanks all

I'd ask 130. Man symposiumx, hate to see ya selling it, but I imagine you have your reasons, they all do :cry:

Kraft
09-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA


I'd ask 130. Man symposiumx, hate to see ya selling it, but I imagine you have your reasons, they all do :cry:

Actually, just a quick sidenote... but you would not believe how many people come into circuit city and say something almost identical to the following line:

"Man, I bought an Xbox but sold it to get a ps2 (or gamecube). I'm really regretting doing that and will probably buy an Xbox again."

Could be a case of 'the grass is greener'... until they realize better.

symposiumx
09-24-2003, 12:56 PM
It's more of "paycuts at work" issues. I know xbox is the best and wouldnt sell it for another system.

maybe I can sell my children instead!! ;)

Shadow20002
09-24-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
It's more of "paycuts at work" issues. I know xbox is the best and wouldnt sell it for another system.

maybe I can sell my children instead!! ;)

shh...selling your own child ?? :eek: :p

RudedogX
09-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
maybe I can sell my children instead!! ;)
I've heard of such things...:watchout::yikes:

symposiumx
09-24-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

I've heard of such things...:watchout::yikes:

If i sell them to a sweat shop...with a nice big backyard for them to run around, it wouldn't be so bad. LOL

ok...i've gotten way off topic...thanks again everyone. I HOPE I can figure something out...I dont want to resort to selling my beloved xbox :)

RudedogX
09-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Well, I wish you luck either way you go bro!:cheers:

Kraft
09-24-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx


If i sell them to a sweat shop...with a nice big backyard for them to run around, it wouldn't be so bad. LOL

ok...i've gotten way off topic...thanks again everyone. I HOPE I can figure something out...I dont want to resort to selling my beloved xbox :)

Why not start your own sweatshop? I mean... 1.50 in fabric + sewing supplies + one kid = a 20 dollar soccer ball! Martha Stewart figured this equation out years ago!

DocHoliday78
09-24-2003, 01:41 PM
I didnt know gamecube dropped its prices again. When did this happen?

kenji
09-24-2003, 06:28 PM
I don't mean to sound rude, but how much is hundred bucks going to help? I feel sorry for you man. Best of luck.:cheers: