PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods 2004- Best golf game Evah!

studepaber
09-24-2003, 03:01 PM
Being a golfing addict (in RL and in games) and a fan of TW 2003 it was a no-brainer that I should buy this game, and so far is has more than met my expectations.

Most of the good courses from 2003 are back (predator, mmmm) and the new ones are great to play (haven't unlocked them all so far), there's 21 in all though. There's about 12-16 PGA players you can choose from inlucding John Daly (personal fav), along with a few celebrites (Cedric the Entertainer).

Where I really had fun with this game was with the Create-a-Golfer, which is the most extensive create-a-player I have seen in any sports game IMO. I managed to make a golfer that looks extremely close to myself (however gruesome that may be) and from there you can choose (or buy with $ won on tournament) clothing,accessories,hats,glasses,tattoes,shoes,socks (along with many other things) to make your own unique golfer. Also with the $ you win you can raise attirbutes, change character animations, buy new clubs, balls, overall there's an INSANE amount of stuff to unlock.

I haven't really delved into the various gamemodes available (as I've only concentrated on PGA season), but there are dozens to choose from. My only dissapointments with the game are lack of online play and no 4 player tournament mode, but other than that everything is better than last year, graphics (trees sway in wind), sound/music, better putting mode (grid), chipping included, now stop reading and buy this game!

studepaber
09-25-2003, 09:58 AM
Doh! Could a mod put this in the sports section instead of XBL sports games seeing that EA will never make an online xbox game? Thanks.

BTW doesn't anybody have this game yet or what? :huh:

CrazyCougar
09-26-2003, 08:20 PM
I just picked it up on Wednesday and havent put it down yet. I think its been the only game in my Xbox since then. I'll second the motion that this game is great!!! I'm still looking forward to Links for a dose of reality golf, but this game is just downright fun.

studepaber
09-27-2003, 12:29 AM
I'm glad to hear someone enjoys this game as much as me. I'm so amazed as to how precise you can create-a-golfer to their real life counterpart. My buddies came over this evening and created characters insanely close to what they look like in RL, it's bizarre seeing a near replica of yourself in a video game :eek: I'm currently playing the world tour and am about done but stupid Don keeps making 30-50 yard shots to destroy my confidence :( I'll be curious to see if Links can hold its own to this.

CrazyCougar
09-27-2003, 02:34 AM
Links has been untouchable on the PC. Whether they can make the conversion to console remains yet to be seen. Personally I don't see the console version being as good as the PC version, but hey they could surprise me.

Tiger Woods is all out just fun...it aint close to being reality golf like Links so comparing them is difficult to do. I am in my 5 PGA Tourney and scoring an average of 58.40 per round. I have 47% of the game complete according to my resume.

mattgame
09-29-2003, 10:18 AM
I am having a ball with this one myself. The only thing is I don't know if i'm that good or the game is too easy because I'm shooting 60's with my CAG. I'm only in my third tourney. I wonder what Links is like though. Can someone enlighten me?

CrazyCougar
09-29-2003, 02:47 PM
Links is the best golf game ever made for the PC. Its very realistic, ball physics, online play, real courses and fantasy courses. The best thing about Links is the ability to build your own course. While building your own course is no cup of tea, it is fun but tedious. If you want people to like your courses you are tallking 100's of hours of work building it. You can see some of these accompishments at www.linkscorner.com .

Over 500 courses available for free download!!!! check it out!

mattgame
09-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
Links is the best golf game ever made for the PC. Its very realistic, ball physics, online play, real courses and fantasy courses. The best thing about Links is the ability to build your own course. While building your own course is no cup of tea, it is fun but tedious. If you want people to like your courses you are tallking 100's of hours of work building it. You can see some of these accompishments at www.linkscorner.com .

Over 500 courses available for free download!!!! check it out!

Thank you sir for the info. 500 courses for free download?! I might have to get this one. If you had only 50 dollars to get a golf game which would it be? Tiger or Links?

Bakeman
09-30-2003, 03:15 PM
I'm on Tour Play... still early on in my character..

nothing over 25% on my stats..

And on TPS Sawgrass I hit TWO hole in ones, in the same round.. playing Stroke Play by myself..

And when I was playing my friend he hit a hole in one on another course..

I have never seen this many hole in ones on TW2003 on PC or Links 2003 ...

Did they just finally decide to make this game just straight arcade to reach a broader crowd?? I know they are trying... they put RAP music in the game (I had to turn that crap off, all the music).

It is strangely fun playing barbie with your character buying him/her new equipment and cloths... lol

CrazyCougar
10-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by t_howell

Thank you sir for the info. 500 courses for free download?! I might have to get this one. If you had only 50 dollars to get a golf game which would it be? Tiger or Links?

Well I'd by Links. But since Links CE is less than $15 bux now and Links 2003 is 19.99 I think that makes it a no brainer. LOL!

CrazyCougar
10-01-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman

And on TPS Sawgrass I hit TWO hole in ones, in the same round.. playing Stroke Play by myself..

And when I was playing my friend he hit a hole in one on another course..

I have never seen this many hole in ones on TW2003 on PC or Links 2003 ...

Holes in one are extremely easy to come by. And I think that bids well in this game as I would never consider it a golf sim. Its a golf GAME. I think that is what seperates this game and Links, is true reality. I'll enjoy playing Tiger just to rack up low scores and lots of $$$. But when it comes to Links, I'll just enjoy the gaming experience as I always have.

BTW, I have 17 Holes in 1 on my Resume so far in Tiger. My reumes reads 78% finished with the game.

Bakeman
10-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA

Holes in one are extremely easy to come by. And I think that bids well in this game as I would never consider it a golf sim. Its a golf GAME. I think that is what seperates this game and Links, is true reality. I'll enjoy playing Tiger just to rack up low scores and lots of $$$. But when it comes to Links, I'll just enjoy the gaming experience as I always have.

BTW, I have 17 Holes in 1 on my Resume so far in Tiger. My reumes reads 78% finished with the game.

Wow ....

CrazyCougar
10-01-2003, 05:32 PM
Yeah! LOL! I been playing it a lot....I think I got like 30 hours+ in the game itself.

mattgame
10-06-2003, 09:43 AM
I love playing Tigers' game but it is easy even for me. I haven't lost a tournament yet in season mode. I'm not complaining because it is fun. I am gonna check out Links though. :)

studepaber
10-06-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by t_howell
I love playing Tigers' game but it is easy even for me. I haven't lost a tournament yet in season mode. I'm not complaining because it is fun. I am gonna check out Links though. :)

Yea I wish there was a way to change the difficulty on season mode, maybe it gets harder as you go along. You can make the game really hard though on regular mode by making wind speed gusty, tees black, pins hard, rough tall and green speed fast. Do that and tell me if the game's as easy :D

mattgame
10-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by studepaber

Yea I wish there was a way to change the difficulty on season mode, maybe it gets harder as you go along. You can make the game really hard though on regular mode by making wind speed gusty, tees black, pins hard, rough tall and green speed fast. Do that and tell me if the game's as easy :D

I'll try it tonight and let you know.:)

studepaber
10-06-2003, 12:05 PM
Oh yea and turn off caddy tips (for putting) and the break line and try only using the grid, now there's a real challenge.

mattgame
10-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Oh yea and turn off caddy tips (for putting) and the break line and try only using the grid, now there's a real challenge.

Gotcha.

Bakeman
10-06-2003, 02:32 PM

No thanks, I'm not a professional golfer :) lol

I know I'd be putting atleast twice every time. I'm sure more though lol

scarface1968
10-09-2003, 02:34 PM
:cheers:

Man, I thought that I was the only one that fell in love with this new version of Tiger Woods Golf, I ain't gon' front, I have tore through Madden 2004 already, now, what I thought would be a simple passifying by playing TWG 2004 has turned out to be days of too much fun, I find myself coming in after work and being on my X-Box for a few hours, and adding your own custom tracks to the game makes it all the more better (Smooth Progressive Jazz or some Hip-Hop of your own choice makes this game one of the best to be out in awhile, and the Game Face mode is to the Gaming World as The Matrix is to how movies will be made from now on, after a hour and a half, I have created my likeness down to near perfection. I only hope that all games from EA Sports will only get better in the years to come, especially when Knockout Kings drops in 2004, the game face feature will definitely be a welcome addition.

mattgame
10-09-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by scarface1968
:cheers:

Man, I thought that I was the only one that fell in love with this new version of Tiger Woods Golf, I ain't gon' front, I have tore through Madden 2004 already, now, what I thought would be a simple passifying by playing TWG 2004 has turned out to be days of too much fun, I find myself coming in after work and being on my X-Box for a few hours, and adding your own custom tracks to the game makes it all the more better (Smooth Progressive Jazz or some Hip-Hop of your own choice makes this game one of the best to be out in awhile, and the Game Face mode is to the Gaming World as The Matrix is to how movies will be made from now on, after a hour and a half, I have created my likeness down to near perfection. I only hope that all games from EA Sports will only get better in the years to come, especially when Knockout Kings drops in 2004, the game face feature will definitely be a welcome addition.

Did you say Knockout Kings in 2004? Yes.:D

Studepaber, you got me a got lot harder. I just have to get used to the putting without help. I will master it.:D

dogdays2004
10-10-2003, 01:23 PM
I have wrote the only review in the xbox addict forum so far and if you want to know what i think of it go and read it

CrazyCougar
10-11-2003, 12:58 PM
Xboxaddict staff wont review to many EA Titles as there really is no sense in it as most xbox people arent interested. But thanks for doing a review all the same.