PDA

View Full Version : Newest OXM is the best yet!!!

Viper87227
09-24-2003, 09:21 PM
I am really impressed with this issue. Not only is the demo disk is packed, it has some really good demos. Also, the magazine is the biggest one ive seen yet.

Demos:

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - easily the most kick ass demo I have ever played. This game is better than amazing! It lives up to its name and then some. Get this magazine for this demo alone!

Conflict Desert Storm II - Much better than the 1st game, I really enjoyed this demo.

Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure - Waste of disk space...

Freedom Fighters - Helluva lot of fun, another game that is living up to its word.

Magic the Gathering - Lots of fun for fans of the genre, definatly something to check out.

NCAA Football 2004 - Awesome football, but its EA.

NFL Fever 2004 - Worst football game ever... nuff said

Tiger Wood PGA Tour - Errrrm... Golf

Features:

Full Spectrum Warrior, 3 videos
NFL Street
Supersuckers Sega GT Music Video

Video Showcase:

Backyard Wrestling
Grabbed by the Goulies
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Mission Impossable: Operation Surma
NASCAR Thunder 2004
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Whiplash
Xbox Music Mixer

Download Center:

Indiana Jones... save game
Return to Castle Wolfenstine... all levels and Wolfenstien 3D
Buffy... save game
Morrowind treasure hunt

I am not saying whats in the magazine itself. Gotta leave some incentive to buy it :D

El Latino Mafioso
09-24-2003, 09:36 PM
looks jam-packed to da maX!! aight l8er

Viper87227
09-24-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Techi14
looks jam-packed to da maX!! aight l8er

Yes....yes it is :huh:

Tigerbob4
09-24-2003, 10:27 PM
What ever happened to having SSX 3 on a demo, i think the august issue said the october issue would have it.

Dyslexic Chaos
09-24-2003, 10:59 PM
THAT DISC ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU? neway, I really wanna try Freedom Fighters, it's been getting pretty awesome reviews across the board. Thanx for the info!

blonks
09-24-2003, 11:25 PM
whats that morrowind treasure hunt?

cause i want to download it, but then again, i like to finish games without cheats...unless im stuck like on wolfy...so ill use that

Viper87227
09-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by blinx
whats that morrowind treasure hunt?

cause i want to download it, but then again, i like to finish games without cheats...unless im stuck like on wolfy...so ill use that

I dont have morrowind so I cant be 100% sure what it does, but I believe it give you a save and the level its on there are three hidden OXM objects, and finding them is one of this issues challenges

Shadow20002
09-25-2003, 04:40 PM
The only one i care about is Prince of Persia !!! :p

skorp
09-26-2003, 01:10 AM
Yep! I agree... :cheers:

Knight
09-26-2003, 01:25 AM
I say November issue sucked because there was no preview for Jade Empire and I'm mad I had to buy this crapy magazine called Game Informer for one.

DIGITAL
09-26-2003, 02:30 AM
i cant wait to get th9is in the mail.looks like oxm been listening to the fans about the demo disck,good job dave:cheers:

Liquid Gears
09-26-2003, 10:29 PM
Magic the Gathering??

Ha ha ha

I haven't played that card game since Junior High. Man, I can't wait to try it out.

Flood
09-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Magic the Gathering??

Ha ha ha

I haven't played that card game since Junior High. Man, I can't wait to try it out.

same here....but im pretty sure the game is just an rpg style game with characters and such from the card game...

skorp
09-27-2003, 02:04 AM
True! Or Possibly also something like Command and Conquer: Generals... That would be cool too!

Variation-XBA
09-27-2003, 02:57 AM
What issue? Nov? Cause the one I just got doesnt have any of that good stuff. It's the one with Voodoo Vince on the game case.

l Maximus l
09-27-2003, 03:38 AM
I haven't received mine yet. I'm not too shocked, though, as my OXM seems to come far later than all you dudes. Oh well.

But, it looks like a sweet line up. I am eager to see the three Full Spectrum Warrior vids :)

blonks
09-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I haven't received mine yet. I'm not too shocked, though, as my OXM seems to come far later than all you dudes. Oh well.

But, it looks like a sweet line up. I am eager to see the three Full Spectrum Warrior vids :)

word

but i liked voodoo vince

"no one do the voodoo like you doo" -nfl fever 2002 announcer

RudedogX
10-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Well, I played the demo, and as I posted in another thread, I don't understand the point of the slow mo or reverse time in it, and I don't know if I like Magic due to the amount of just sheer chaos seems to be going on at once.:confused:

Viper87227
10-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Well, I played the demo, and as I posted in another thread, I don't understand the point of the slow mo or reverse time in it, and I don't know if I like Magic due to the amount of just sheer chaos seems to be going on at once.:confused:

Well, the slo mo doesnt have much of a point other than that games seem to be more fun in slow mo (Max Payne and ETM for example) but the reverse comes in handy. Fall off a cliff and either die, or just to lazy to get back up and you can use the reverse to get back up. Same with if you jump on spikes or something, you can use the reverse to fly back off the spikes and get your health back. I think that could be one of the sronger features of the game, because it leaves the challenge of using your time wisely.

l Maximus l
10-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by blinx

"no one do the voodoo like you doo" -nfl fever 2002 announcer

lol, dude...that's Kevin Colabro, the local Seattle Sonics commentator. He's awesome to listen to...and he has so many funny ass one liners that it's unbelievable. He's so popular around these parts and all around the nation...in fact, he was the voice of the legendary NBA Jams game back in the day :D

SnoochyBoochy
10-02-2003, 07:34 PM
gonna have to pick up a copy of it tomorrow. shows how upbeat i am with the hip xbox magazines you punk teens are reading these days lol... i didnt even know a new issue was out yet :P

i probably should have guessed, considering its just about that time... you know, the start of a new month... ah well

Ugunnalose
10-02-2003, 07:40 PM
what are the previews and reviews in this mag?

Viper87227
10-02-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by duschbag
what are the previews and reviews in this mag?

pfffft .... you just like to take the fin outta everything

Previews:

Broken Sword
Goblin Commander
I-Ninja
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
PRince of Persia
Project Gothem 2
Spawn
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator 3
Tony Hawk Underground

REviews:

Alter Echo
Aquaman
CDSII: Back to Baghadad
Dino Crisis 3
Extreme Skate Adventure
D&D Heroes
Dynasty Warriors 4
Finding Nemo
Hunter: The Reconing Redeemer
Metal Arms
NASCAR 2004
NHL Hitz Pro
RoadKill
Scooby-Doo
Soul Calibur II
Starsky and Hutch
Syberia
Tiger Woodsw 2004

RudedogX
10-03-2003, 10:24 AM
The full spectrum warrior videos definetly impressed me, I think I'll have to check out that game!

blonks
10-03-2003, 12:25 PM
its october 3rd and i still havnt got mine! :cuss:

hopefully it will come today...or ill have to write oxm a little letter....

Leo
10-03-2003, 05:09 PM
I got this mag on October 1 2003. It's great. Price of persia I am not getting it because it has slow gameplay and that is annoying!
I bought Freedo Fighters on October 2nd 2003 it's pretty good.

Magic the gathering is awesome! I never playde the card game. I love it! Desert storm, Disney skate adventure are boring!

The videos are awesome, especcialy Full Spectrum Warrior!

Fill Spectrum Warrior is the best and the most realistic war game Iv'e ever seen! MUST OWN!