PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody cares about loyalty to a system anymore...?

El Latino Mafioso
09-24-2003, 11:06 PM
I do, I am 100% loyal to my xbox, but I just come from the xbox.com forums and they say they don't give a ukiing moda ukking...so do you guys care about it? ;) l8er

Arrix
09-24-2003, 11:48 PM
Whoooooo cares!

L8ER

OC Noob
09-25-2003, 12:56 AM
No corporation is loyal to me, why the hell would I be loyal to them. Most of them would murder your ass if there was a profit to be made, I really don't see why anyone would be loyal to a "thing" that allows a bunch of rich jerks to do things they would normally be thrown in jail for and makes the 100% unaccountable for their actions.

MerimacHamwich
09-25-2003, 01:21 AM
Brand name loyalty = fanboyism = ignorance. Not a sequence of equalities I like to be associated with.

Voodoo_Vince
09-25-2003, 01:57 AM
Im loyal to Xbox because I like quality, gamecube only has three games I want , PS2 has 1 game I want, so whats the point of buying them , I have bought one or more of them but as gifts to kids uner 12 13 and older I gave Xbox's

Shadow20002
09-25-2003, 11:00 AM
Back in the launch iwas a little but now... the one get the most i like, i will get it. :p

Knight
09-25-2003, 02:07 PM
The next console I will get is going to be the XBox2.
I want nothing to do with nintendo and if I buy a ps3 it will only be a used one with used games. Maybe will buy a PSP if the price of games and the unit is right.

RenoXG
09-25-2003, 03:03 PM
Yep. I'm fiercely loyal to the Xbox.

Uchiha Sasuke
09-25-2003, 03:05 PM
This is kinda mean to say, but only idiots are loyal to one system or company. Because if you are you missing out on all the big titles that are on the other consoles. Not a smart move.

Duke
09-25-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Brand name loyalty = fanboyism = ignorance. Not a sequence of equalities I like to be associated with.

Went w/ merrimac's quote, but at least one other summed it up.

It's not like we're betting on football here, all systems have something to offer. I only own an xbox, but that's what I chose for 1 system on a limited budget. If you're holding on to some console war good for you. Bet that impresses all the ladies. get a tattoo XboX4LiZZifE

mattgame
09-25-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

Went w/ merrimac's quote, but at least one other summed it up.

It's not like we're betting on football here, all systems have something to offer. I only own an xbox, but that's what I chose for 1 system on a limited budget. If you're holding on to some console war good for you. Bet that impresses all the ladies. get a tattoo XboX4LiZZifE

I just love to game. I like the games that come out for the Xbox. I like some of the games for the PS2 but it is limited. I like the games that come out for the gamecube but the controller is too small for me. Therefore, the xbox wins for me. By the way, I have that tattoo already please don't bite.:D

studepaber
09-25-2003, 03:43 PM
I was loyal to Atari and only had the 2600 5200 and 7800 and the Lynx for several years but I finally broke down this year and bought an xbox ;)...........no but really I don't really care what it is, if it's the best on the market or has it's share of great games I will own it :)

Trollpies
09-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Well my dad works for Microsoft so i am loyal to that, and the fact that Xbow is the greatest sytem ever made. PS2 is ok but xbox is awsome and gamecub thats just a joke.

kenji
09-25-2003, 05:09 PM
Yeah, to an extent. If someone asked me if I like Xbox or PS2, I would say Xbox, and if they said Xbox sucks, I would probably have a slight arguement with them, but I would freak out about it. I guess I am "loyal" to my Xbox. The only problem I have with saying "loyal" is it sounds like it owns me.

Reclaimer
09-25-2003, 07:24 PM
I guess I am loyal to the mighty X. I only have one game system, and I dont have time to play videogames all day. I particularly don't care what the other systems have, because I don't intend to buy other systems. Time is valuable. Why waste it? Sure there's good games on the other side of the fence. But it's the xbox that's under my TV, and that's all I'm concerned with.
If I where younger and had less responsibilities, or just had the time, I might have a PS2 as well. But.. I don't, so I went with the system that had the most going for it. I'll be honest the day the xbox launched, was the day I was going to get a next gen console, and I was pretty much gunning to get a PS2. Right up until I saw Halo. That pretty much made up my mind for me. I saw a demo in the store, I turned around and put the PS2 voucher tag back, and picked up the one for the xbox... and Halo.
Been happy ever since.

TuffEagle88
09-25-2003, 11:03 PM
Of course I'm loyal to my XBOX. Before I had it I had a N64, so I already hated ps with a passion because it was the only serious competition. I remained loyal to nintendo for a long time, but when I saw the gamecube I was so disappointed. The XBOX is by far the best system out and I wouldn't own anything else if it was given to me.

DocHoliday78
09-25-2003, 11:54 PM
I am loyal if you mean i want the xbox to suceed but i am not a fanboy becasue i realize the positves of other systems and negatives of the xbox.

Knight
09-26-2003, 12:56 AM
XBox is all you need, but my other console is a Dreamcast.

If a game is not coming out for the PC or XBox I don't care & they can stick it up there sony or nintendo hole for all I care.

Titanman
09-26-2003, 01:12 AM
Hey substance snake...You say you are not loyal to a particular system but yet your avatar has under it: creed fanatic. Does that mean that you will listen to no other rock bands because you are a fanatic? I'm sure that your answer will be no. Being loyal does not mean that you will only support that thing, whatever that might be but you are hopeful that that item will succeed with your help.

I'm not flaming you but why do people have to be so hypocritical.

I am loyal to the only system that I own...Yes I want quality games from that system and I hope that Xbox gets only quality games. I can't support a company that doesn't support the console that I have and I don't feel like spending tons of money on multiple systems just because I don't have the space.

PS2 was an excellent system (notice the operative word there...Was), and I am sure that the PS3 will blow the doors off of it (PS2). But my loyalty will lie in Xbox to create something better.

skorp
09-26-2003, 01:20 AM
Yeah I guess I'm alot more loyal to my Xbox and my PC for gaming...

Arven
09-26-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Titanman
Being loyal does not mean that you will only support that thing, but you are hopeful that that item will succeed with your help.

If that's what "loyal" means, I'm loyal. I like Xbox, I prefer Xbox, I support Xbox, and hope Xbox succeeds.

If "loyal" means you despise the PS2 and Gamecube, or you think only the Xbox has value, then I am not loyal.

Uchiha Sasuke
09-26-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Titanman
Hey substance snake...You say you are not loyal to a particular system but yet your avatar has under it: creed fanatic. Does that mean that you will listen to no other rock bands because you are a fanatic? I'm sure that your answer will be no. Being loyal does not mean that you will only support that thing, whatever that might be but you are hopeful that that item will succeed with your help.

I'm not flaming you but why do people have to be so hypocritical.

I am loyal to the only system that I own...Yes I want quality games from that system and I hope that Xbox gets only quality games. I can't support a company that doesn't support the console that I have and I don't feel like spending tons of money on multiple systems just because I don't have the space.

PS2 was an excellent system (notice the operative word there...Was), and I am sure that the PS3 will blow the doors off of it (PS2). But my loyalty will lie in Xbox to create something better.

Yeah I love Creed. They happen to be my favorite band tied up there with Metallica. Of Course I listen to other rock infact I listen to all genres of rock. One thing that may be a little bit arrogant is that I don't listen to rap. So you may have a case there.

OC Noob
09-27-2003, 02:24 AM
loyal

1) Steadfast in allegiance to one's homeland, government, or sovereign.

2) Faithful to a person, ideal, custom, cause, or duty.

3) Of, relating to, or marked by loyalty. See Synonyms at faithful.

#2 would be the definition best fitting the loyalty we are talking about. It doesn't mean you can't enjoy other music just because you are loyal to one band and it doesn't mean you hope something is successful.

Hell, I hope Xbox is the greatest system out there with the best games since i own one, but I'm not faithful. If MS was to do something stupid or didn't have great games I'd turn on Xbox faster then a fat girl eats a cup cake.

The question you need to ask yourself is are you faithful to the Xbox no matter what happens? If yes then you are loyal...if Xbox 2 stinks and is the worst console ever and you still buy and defend it then congratulations...you are loyal and a few other choice words;)

Variation-XBA
09-27-2003, 02:55 AM
I play games for the games, not the systems/brands.

SPARTAN VI
09-27-2003, 03:00 AM
I am loyal to whatever I can afford (and therefore bought), as is the corporation that're now loyal to my wallet. :D

l Maximus l
09-27-2003, 03:34 AM
I am 100% loyal to the XBox. Most people are gamers first and XBox second...but, for some strange ass reason, I am XBox first and gamer second.

It probably has to do with the fact that Halo is the best damn game every created...period. :wink:

Arven
09-27-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by OC Noob
The question you need to ask yourself is are you faithful to the Xbox no matter what happens? If yes then you are loyal...if Xbox 2 stinks and is the worst console ever and you still buy and defend it then congratulations...you are loyal and a few other choice words;)

That's a pretty strict definition of "loyal," though. I'm not sure I'm that loyal to anyone or anything, even to my wife. "No matter what happens"? No, of course not. I'm loyal because of the good things that have happened, and if enough bad things happen, I'm out. I don't think we're talking about BLIND loyalty here.

TuffEagle88
09-27-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Arven

That's a pretty strict definition of "loyal," though. I'm not sure I'm that loyal to anyone or anything, even to my wife. "No matter what happens"? No, of course not. I'm loyal because of the good things that have happened, and if enough bad things happen, I'm out. I don't think we're talking about BLIND loyalty here.

Damn! What ever happened to "for better or worse, for richer or poor, in sickness and in health until death do us part" ???????

Arven
09-27-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88

Damn! What ever happened to "for better or worse, for richer or poor, in sickness and in health until death do us part" ???????

I figured someone would say that. But he said "No matter what happens," and consider this: what if your wife cheated on you seven times, got addicted to crack and wasn't interested in getting off it, and then started molesting your children? "No matter what happens"? Uh...no.

TuffEagle88
09-27-2003, 06:21 PM
good point, I thought that you meant like if if your wife got sick or you found someone better looking you'de leave. ;) kinda surprised me there.

kfw
09-27-2003, 07:01 PM
I guess i am pretty loyal since i haven't touched my gamecube or even bought a game fr it in a year. Xbox is just to awesome

TuffEagle88
09-27-2003, 09:13 PM
No offense to anyone with a gamecube, but they are definatley the worst of the three systems out right now. Look what they did to Zelda! I'll never forgive them!

smack_roscoe
09-28-2003, 08:11 AM
I'm loyal to the system(s) that can provide me with the most entertainment value for my $$$ If that is Xbox so be it. I'm quite confident that the PS3 will be a real killer, so when that comes out it'll be up to M$ to try and keep me.

Show me the money, Mr. Gates.