PDA

View Full Version : Xbox growth outpacing industry, says Microsoft

Shadow20002
09-25-2003, 04:48 PM
The Xbox is significantly outpacing its rivals in the console market in growth terms, with both hardware and software sales growing faster than the PS2 or Cube according to the latest figures from Microsoft.

Quoting statistics from US market research body NPD Funworld, the company claims that the Xbox is the only console which has continuously demonstrated positive market share growth in the past year, while sales of software in August grew faster than either of its rivals and boosted the console's attach rate to 5.8.

The figures show Xbox sales growing by six per cent during the year, while Sony's PS2 dropped 36 per cent and the GameCube dropped by 22 per cent. The PS2 figures are understandable, given that the console must surely be approaching market saturation by now - the Cube figures, however, are rather more worrying.

Source@ (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=53325)

Highlite23
09-25-2003, 10:48 PM
Well PS2 have been traded in at a above average rate at the GS I work at, and the request for XBOX's is climbing.

I guess couple that with Nintendos current GC price drop (99.99) I could see this being acurate.

l Maximus l
09-27-2003, 03:58 AM
As many of you guys know by now, I work part time at an Electronics Retailer a couple nights per week...and there are far more people buying XBox games than there are buying PoS2 or GC games...and, at the moment, we are sold out of XBox. More being shipped tomorrow to save the neighborhood :D

Variation-XBA
09-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
As many of you guys know by now, I work part time at an Electronics Retailer a couple nights per week...and there are far more people buying XBox games than there are buying PoS2 or GC games...and, at the moment, we are sold out of XBox. More being shipped tomorrow to save the neighborhood :D

I work full time at EB as well, and I get the same trend. Even the EA games are selling on par, if not better on xbox at my store :)

l Maximus l
09-27-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Variation

I work full time at EB as well, and I get the same trend. Even the EA games are selling on par, if not better on xbox at my store :)

Yeah! I noticed that, too! We are sold out of the XBox versions of Madden 2004, NCAA Football 2004, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004. This may not be a huge surprise by itself since it's football season and Tiger Woods PGA just came out...but, considering that we have barely sold any for the GC and the PoS2, I think it's significant :D

Nuclearcow
09-28-2003, 12:50 PM
No doubt. Xbox is gunning for the top now. I really think that the next generation of systems is going to decide alot. I really believe that if Microsoft keeps up this level of intensity the the box is going to take over the US market, now Japan is another story (for now).