PDA

View Full Version : New guy in the house :)

JAC
12-21-2001, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone,

I guess I'm a new guy here. hehe Yet another forum and new yet again. :cool:

I have my Xbox already. I had to convince my wife to let me get it about 3 weeks ago. I told her it'd be her Christmas present to me and her birthday present to me for my next birthday. lol Hey, whatever works! Sure beats socks and a shirt. I currently have DOA3, Halo, PGR, and Azurek.

Well, just introducing myself.

Btw, has anyone gotten the secret character and random for DOA3? I must be missing something. I've beaten it with all chars and seen the credits. I've also gotten ranked on the survivor and used the name "EIN". I even gotten ranked as number 1 on the time attack deal and used the name "Ein" <-- tried the "in" as lowercase on that one. Any help would be appreciated.

VAN
12-21-2001, 09:01 AM
Welcome aboard, JAC.

You've done everything correctly to unlock Ein. The only thing I can think of is that you keep looking to play as him in story mode--which you cannot do.

Ein is a playable character in every mode EXCEPT story mode after you unlock him.

VAN
12-21-2001, 09:06 AM
Oh, one important detail that I forgot....

WHen playing in Survival Mode, you must be playing as Hayate in order to unlock Ein. :)

JAC
12-21-2001, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the welcome. :)

Yeah, I caught that story mode thing on the site that I got the info on how to get him. I've been checking for him to appear in the vs's area. I'm gathering that he'll appear on one of the existing rows of characters and that the rows will become wider cause of that. Or am I supposed to do some type of scrolling for him that I'm not doing? If not and I just don't have him, then do you think the difficulty mattered for some of what I did? I think I was on normal, or whatever the default is. :/ ****, my s**t is broken! lol Is he a cool character anyway? Should I be sweatin this? hehe

Thanks

Xbox kicks major a** btw. The graphics and smooth, steady flow of animation is just blowing anything that I've seen on the pc away! I'm a happy customer. :)

JAC
12-21-2001, 09:19 AM
"WHen playing in Survival Mode, you must be playing as Hayate in order to unlock Ein"

Ahhhhh!!! That'd do it! Thanks! :) Now why would so many sites omit such an important step? lol

So do you have the random option in there and does it require you to do something else for that, or will this also give me the random?

Thanks for the help. I'll be taking my Xbox and especially DOA3 with me to the family gathering for Christmas and I'd like to have everything in order for the a** kickings that will ensue! hehe

VAN
12-21-2001, 09:19 AM
DId you catch my last post? If not scroll up. I forgot to mention an important detail which is most likely the cause of your not being able to unlock Ein.

Once he is unlocked, he will appear in the upper right of the top row of characters, with a "?" space below him for the random characters.

Good luck.

Is he worth it? Umm, not really. Just another Animated Asian who kicks and punches. Nothing spectacular.

JAC
12-21-2001, 09:27 AM
"Is he worth it? Umm, not really. Just another Animated Asian who kicks and punches. Nothing spectacular."

lol

Hey, on a similar note, don't you think that they certainly have the Ninjitsu fighting style well covered in that game? Geee, like half the characters use that style. There's plenty of fun fighting styles that they could have thrown in and left out a few of those guys. Hell, they could have even thrown in a sumo and named him E Honda. hehe

Btw, does anyone else think that Helena was given too many easy combos and winning moves? Oh well.

terrapin
12-21-2001, 09:39 AM
JAC, Welcome! Sorry but I do not have any DOA3 help for you. Glad to see that your enjoying your Xbox. see ya around.

JAC
12-21-2001, 09:53 AM
Terrapin, thanks.

Hey, I just noticed under your nickname it says Chicago. Cool, someone local. hehe

Ninja Scroll
12-21-2001, 10:34 AM
Yo Jac welcome to Xboxaddict IS Ninja Jubei!

From this point on im your Super Hero Ninja role model.
If anyone in here picks on you little trooper just let me know.
This guy named Maxi-pad-imus (lol) is a god in here so he will make you feel at home in da addict forums too!

Oh yeah, before I forget. New kids on da xboxaddict block are charged a $5.00 Ninja fee.
Credit cards only plzzzzzzzzzz!:D

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 10:47 AM
"Maxi-pad-imus" a.k.a. Maximus here...welcome to the forums :D This is the best XBox forum on the net. You have to admit, you have received a lot of attention is a very short time...that's just how it is around here...it's a comradery in this pad :D

If you have't noticed, I like beer...and I advertise that fact quite often...in fact, I can't get enough of my frosty beverages :D

Have fun...I have many of the same games you do...I have Halo, PGR, NFL Fever, Azurik, Max Payne, Amped...I will be getting Oddworld very soon (probably in two weeks) and I just won Star Wars Starfighter SE from this amazing website! This place rocks!!! I won't over do it...but, you'll see :D

xboxpebbles
12-21-2001, 09:11 PM
welcome to the addict forums!
they r the best for anything u wanna ask
or any comments, etc that
u have on xbox:):)
i mean..how could u go wrong..
very few ps and nin ppl here..
so thats a relief..lol
anyways...welcome
(btw..i was once called a newbie)
welcome JAC"newbie...
J/K J/K!!!
well, have fun
:p

JJaX
12-22-2001, 08:10 AM
Your missing one major thing about EIN. You have to have beated story mode with everyone before you use hayate in survival mode.

DUUUUUUH! :D

He rocks by the way, Being my fav char from DOA2.

Then to get his 3rd outfit beat time attack using ein under 6 min.