PDA

View Full Version : Xbox sightings...

Reclaimer
09-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Here's a thread where we can post where we have seen the xbox in the media. TV shows, movies, whatever.
A little exposure for our beloved X machine? You betcha.

For intance.. My wife and I are watching that show.. Coupling on NBC, and there was a gratuitious shot of a 2 player Halo game on Bloodgulch being played by 2 of the male lead characters.
It was a pretty cool shot, then there was some extended dialogue between the 2 guys holding the obvious xbox controllers.

So, when you spot the box, put it here.

WynnFire
09-25-2003, 09:16 PM
ESPN's NFL Playmakers (I think that's the name) had one of the main characters fighting with his friends about playing his Xbox on the tv he is watching a video on. At first I thought they were talking about a PS2 until I saw the machine, controller, and one of the guys wearing an Xbox Live Headset. I smiled and turned the channel.

Voodoo_Vince
09-25-2003, 09:24 PM
Grounded For life on WB has mentioned the Xbox in a few shows ,
Will and Grace also had Some Xbox Moments, also a few comercials that are not Xbox related had Xbox's in them, and I think a Friends episode had a Xbox in it last season , I have noticed it has more exposure this year ,

Kraft
09-25-2003, 11:14 PM
I saw the Xbox three times today! They were the 3 of them sitting in front of my tv.

DocHoliday78
09-25-2003, 11:52 PM
ESPN Sportscenter when Priest Holmes did this one hella high hurdle and Dan Patrick said " Thats the Y button on your xbox" It wsa pretty funny

LynxFX
09-26-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
Coupling on NBC, and there was a gratuitious shot of a 2 player Halo game on Bloodgulch being played by 2 of the male lead characters.
Yeah I saw that too. Cool Xbox advertising. Too bad the show absolutely sucked and will be canceled by Thanksgiving.

Tim
09-26-2003, 05:54 PM
One time...on Frasier... lol

Actually, I really did see the Box on Frasier. His son was visiting him and he was playing. I think it was a couple of seasons ago when the Xbox was brand spanking new.

canadianboi3
09-26-2003, 09:57 PM
I remember like 2 years ago this Canadian rapper (Choclair, I know not much of a rapper) was playing Xbox at the beginning of his video. And it wasn't released yet, and I was like "Whoa! What system is that, that controller looks sweet!". That's the only one that comes to mind.

DIGITAL
09-27-2003, 02:08 AM
jam master jay was supposedly shot while playing xbox:cry:

SPARTAN VI
09-27-2003, 03:02 AM
Well, in American Wedding there was an Xbox in the dude's room. :cool: I was quick to point it out. :D

l Maximus l
09-27-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
Well, in American Wedding there was an Xbox in the dude's room. :cool: I was quick to point it out. :D

I saw that, too :D I kindly pointed it out to my wife as she rolled her eyes :watchout: :D

wbio
09-27-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire
ESPN's NFL Playmakers (I think that's the name) had one of the main characters fighting with his friends about playing his Xbox on the tv he is watching a video on. At first I thought they were talking about a PS2 until I saw the machine, controller, and one of the guys wearing an Xbox Live Headset. I smiled and turned the channel.
and it was a skinned xbox too

Nameless00
09-27-2003, 02:51 PM
In John Ritter's show, 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter, his son is always playin Xbox. You can see the controller.

Trento52
09-27-2003, 02:52 PM
quite awhile ago when the xbox was pretty new in no doubts hella good video the drummer and one of the guitar players i think were playing the xbox and it showed close ups of the tv and they were playing JSRF that game deosn't have exciting 2 player moments.

Wolfboy_888
09-27-2003, 04:25 PM
on MTV's "Made" there is an episode in which a kid wants to be a high school graduate and there is a scene where he is talking and playing the big X ....it was some soccer game......

also about 8 simple rules...i pointed that out to but the sounds are always from some atari game it seems like..

El Latino Mafioso
09-27-2003, 07:22 PM
I saw it on spike tv, they were installing one in a car, it was pimped....in the ride with funk master fllex show...aigh l8er

wbio
09-28-2003, 12:40 AM
that Acuvue 2 commercial where the guy gets "spanked" in amped and then gets contacts :cool:

Nuclearcow
09-28-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
ESPN Sportscenter when Priest Holmes did this one hella high hurdle and Dan Patrick said " Thats the Y button on your xbox" It wsa pretty funny
LMFAO

l Maximus l
09-29-2003, 01:38 AM
Okay okay okay...I saw an XBox plug on Trading Spaces family. Now, before you dudes make fun of me for watching that show, let it be known that I watched hours of ESPN before my wife made me turn the channel :D

Anyway, there was a kid that had an XBox there and they wanted to make sure that the room would be surrounded by video game playing and the such. Hell, the kid even got a new Sony Wega TV. Do I hear Component video? Nice... :D

Heavens Gate
09-29-2003, 06:42 AM
Jack Osbourne had one in his room. I also seen a kid holding an Xbox controller in a Campbell's soup commercial.

JJaX
09-30-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
Jack Osbourne had one in his room. I also seen a kid holding an Xbox controller in a Campbell's soup commercial.

Yeah, i saw halo paused on his plasma screen :cuss:

mattgame
09-30-2003, 01:18 PM
I saw it on Will and Grace too. ;)

l Maximus l
09-30-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Yeah, i saw halo paused on his plasma screen :cuss:

Good call! I saw that, too...I forgot about that, though.

Also, I'm surprised no one mentioned that Discovery Channel special about the XBox. I think it could have been better, but, it was much better than a swift kick in your ass :D

l Maximus l
10-01-2003, 01:30 AM
Ah hah! I saw two kids playing XBox on one of the final episodes of 8 Simple Rules starring the late John Ritter. I was so pumped to be able to post that tid bit of info here :D

adzmullz1
10-01-2003, 05:54 AM
XBOX got a mention on an 'Angel' episode in season 4. Gewn Raiden told Gunn that the electrical system he was attaching to her was'nt "an xbox". cool!.
As for t.v advertising, there is ZERO here in the U.K , just loadsa PS2 shít.......it's annoying:cuss:

Voodoo_Vince
10-02-2003, 09:30 PM
CSI just seconds ago's there was a coversation where someone mentioned , " what was he doing going blind on Xbox , what was he doing"

WynnFire
10-03-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince
CSI just seconds ago's there was a coversation where someone mentioned , " what was he doing going blind on Xbox , what was he doing"

Ahhh.... You beat me to it!

Troy
10-03-2003, 12:25 AM
course it's kinda old now, but that digital digs thing TechTV had put like a xbox in 2 or 3 rooms I think. All with wireless controllers and nice big plasma screens. Yea that'd be nice to have setup in my room here.

GrimLin/Oddy
10-04-2003, 04:28 PM
i saw an xbox in mtv cribs somewhere, american wedding(who didnt) and in sum dutch show u prolly dont know about lol.

Rammer
10-05-2003, 02:51 PM
Part 2 of the CSI season premier mentioned Xbox. There was a kid that was a witness to something and they said, "Are you gonna believe that kid over me? He's probably got Xbox of the brain"

DocHoliday78
10-05-2003, 08:38 PM
T-Mac was quoted saying how all he does in the off season is train and play his xbox.

Hero
11-13-2003, 03:13 PM
anyone see that pdiddy commercial yet?

Voodoo_Vince
11-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Monster Garage had an Xbox on it on monday, they made the ultimate tailgater escalade ,

speedbuggy76
11-13-2003, 06:26 PM
That Escalade was tight! rear opened to a slide out 42" plasma, rear widows opened to reveal some speakers, Barbecue slides out the right side door, and an xbox on a 17" LCD display in the left door, plus 26" rims!

skorp
11-13-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by speedbuggy76
That Escalade was tight! rear opened to a slide out 42" plasma, rear widows opened to reveal some speakers, Barbecue slides out the right side door, and an xbox on a 17" LCD display in the left door, plus 26" rims!

Now thats the way to roll..........

:cheers:

WrathfulPoppa
11-13-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by speedbuggy76

Jesus Christ... I wouldn't have put 'em in an Escalade, though, I woulda gone with the GMC Yukon XL Denali...