PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Player.

heartsxcarved
12-21-2001, 09:32 AM
In the 2 player co-op, i know when one player dies, the other respawns. But, it there a limit to how many times you can come back to life? And, In 1 player and co-op, can you explain the saving process in both? The countdown to Christmas starts!!!!!!!!!!

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 11:16 AM
Dude, while on Co-op, if you die and your buddy is still playing away, your buddy has to go to an area where there is not enemies around...then you will respawn. Respawning is unlimited and is a great technique when you get good enough to attempt Legendary mode :D You will probably have to respawn 30 times throughout the entire game to beat Legendary! lol It's tough! But, you and your buddy have to work together....getting away from enemies can be a challenge especially in large areas with multiple enemies around.

My suggestion, start on Normal...not on Easy. You will enjoy Halo from the start to a higher degree. I make it a point to never start a game on easy...normal is the minimum in my book.

In regards to the saving process, you will hit various "Check points" in the game...You will restart at that check point if you both die...but, if you think you are going to die because you seemingly start on a difficult area and you have low energy, it might not be a bad idea to put the game on pause and select save just in case :D That will also start you back at the most recent checkpoint. I hope that helps. Halo is AMAZING!!!!!!!! :p

heartsxcarved
12-21-2001, 12:02 PM
So you cant save at any point in the game that you want?

BlaZeR2
12-21-2001, 12:06 PM
in coop halo,
you cannot save

it automatically saves your "progress" to each of your characters playing everytime you beat a level. But basically, once you start a certain level in coop, you cannot save half way through, you must either beat the level, or lose your progress through that level.

in other words, in coop, you have automatic saves points, the beginning of every level.

so as my buddy and I have figured out, if you set down to play coop halo, you basically have to do it in "level" increments. be prepared to play a full level each time, so the progress gets saved

just knowledge from experience

BlaZeR2

BlaZeR2
12-21-2001, 12:09 PM
Single player, you can save at any point, anytime in the game

it is only during coop mode, that you cannot save at anypoint (other than automatically after you beat a level)

during single player, you just hit start, then select save and quit.

when you pass a checkpoint, you will automatically start there if you die. But if you want to save your progress when you turn off your xbox and come back later, you have to hit start, then select save and quit.

sorry if it sounds confusing - it really isn't

maybe the manual that is posted on www.xbox.com gives a better explanation than I can give.

BlaZeR2

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 12:13 PM
Blazer...are you sure, dude? It seems to me that if you got half way through a level and made it to a checkpoint and decided to turn your XBox off and then play again at another time that you would continue at the previous checkpoint. Maybe I'm wrong, but, that's what I thought that happened.

Oh yeah, and heart...you will appreciate starting at a checkpoint rather than at the very moment you decide to save anywhere. Trust me, dude...it makes the game a hell of lot more fun and more challenging that way. Besides, what is the fun if you just kill one dude, save it, and kill another dude, save it, and so on until you get through the whole game? It's not that you WOULD but, you COULD in that scenario...but, that is not the case with Halo. You start any the last checkpoint...don't worry, there are several checkpoints on each level since the levels are MAMMOTH! :D Oh yeah, bring a few cold ones, too :D

monkeyman
12-21-2001, 06:34 PM
i play halo and i havent online but i hope to some day