PDA

View Full Version : exclusives gone

level3hadoken
09-26-2003, 01:04 AM
ok,when ps2 owners defend there system they usually say "it has more games than xbox" and that still may be true but now it seems they are losing there exclusives.What i mean by that is metal gear solid 2 was an exclusive and that game got ported (badly)to xbox ,were also getting a onimusha game,not to mention the new gta 3 plus 4 game coming our way,now thats only three games but those were like the ps2s top games,a main attraction for getting the ps2.now ps2 does have some really good exclusives like tekken,and gran turismo,time crisis ,but how long till those arent exclusive either :huh: any one else noticing these things?

Knight
09-26-2003, 01:06 AM
F'Sony I don't want them or need them.

Kraft
09-26-2003, 01:34 AM
Sony does have a little sway and will always have exclusives... but all the big namers will make their way over to other consoles. There are some awesome games I wish would have made their way over here.

Sly Cooper
Grand Turismo
SOCOM
SOCOM 2

and plenty others. Granted it isn't the list that the GC or Xbox touts at this point, there are some great titles there.

Chaotic
09-26-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Nick-XBA
Sony does have a little sway and will always have exclusives... but all the big namers will make their way over to other consoles. There are some awesome games I wish would have made their way over here.

Sly Cooper
Grand Turismo
SOCOM
SOCOM 2

and plenty others. Granted it isn't the list that the GC or Xbox touts at this point, there are some great titles there.

IMO RS3 wipes the floor with SOCOMS ass ;) We don't need socom. But grand turismo is one i would love to see on xbox.:cheers:

jelgiad
09-26-2003, 03:06 PM
i would like to see tekken come over to xbox, along with final fantasy (if they get back to the quality that they had back in ff7, 8, and tactics), but other than that, there is really nothing else on ps that i care about

l Maximus l
09-26-2003, 03:09 PM
I think that XBox's exclusives smoke the hell out of the PoS2's exclusives.

Can I say....

Counter-Strike?
Halo?
Halo 2?
DOOM 3?
Half Life 2?

Also, you'll notice that some games found on the PoS2 are not on-line, however, we, as XBox owners, not only have the same game but it is also XBox Live compatible. Take Ghost Recon for example :D

Knight
09-26-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by jelgiad
i would like to see tekken come over to xbox, along with final fantasy (if they get back to the quality that they had back in ff7, 8, and tactics), but other than that, there is really nothing else on ps that i care about

Tekken is so overrated.

jelgiad
09-26-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Knight

Tekken is so overrated.

overrated or not, tekken is one of my favorite figting games. I do have to say however, i am really impressed with soul calibur 2, and will definately be buying it sometime in the future

Hugopolo
09-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I think that XBox's exclusives smoke the hell out of the PoS2's exclusives.

Can I say....

Counter-Strike?
Halo?
Halo 2?
DOOM 3?
Half Life 2?

Also, you'll notice that some games found on the PoS2 are not on-line, however, we, as XBox owners, not only have the same game but it is also XBox Live compatible. Take Ghost Recon for example :D But all those games except (so far) halo 2 are on the pc so that doesnt really make it a xbox eclusive

mdooz
09-26-2003, 05:00 PM
Socom games, GT games and Sly cooper games will always be exclusive unless Sony becomes like Sega and only makes games which has a very slim chance of happening.

skorp
09-26-2003, 10:52 PM
I know I seem lazy to find out for myself... Mainly because I havent been researching any new games coming out on the PS2 for quite awhile. But are those the only good exclusive games (to mention)coming out for the PS2 this year? Anyone? anyone?

OC Noob
09-27-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Hugopolo
But all those games except (so far) halo 2 are on the pc so that doesnt really make it a xbox eclusive

They are console exclusives. GTA III and and VC were still considered PS2 exclusives and were ported to PC.

The only game they have that interests me is GT and I've never played it so for all I know CMR may be just as good.

FF is a really big one, but GC has it and to be honest not everyone likes Anime RPGs. I bought FF7 because of the hype and thought it was the biggest waste of money. The turn based combat was terrible, but thats my personal bias. The FF exclusives and GT are the only big things PS2 has going for it anymore.

SOCOM is good, but no better then Ghost Recon and Sly Cooper is hardly Mario or Zelda.

I really don't see the great exclusives people always talk about.

Variation-XBA
09-27-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by OC Noob
I bought FF7 because of the hype and thought it was the biggest waste of money.

FF7 is my all time favourite:cuss: :P

And Sony does have EA to go online....yea I dont really care for sports games and such, but NFS etc online only for ps2 sucks (well not for me cause I got a ps2), but for fellow LIVE'rs.

Sigh...

OC Noob
09-27-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Variation

FF7 is my all time favourite:cuss: :P

You and a million other people, but I never really understood why.

What is the best thing about it? Why do people like it so much?

I am not big on sci-fi and anime, but the combat is what really killed it for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its a crappy game, just not my kinda thing. Obviously, its a huge success.

l Maximus l
09-27-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Hugopolo
But all those games except (so far) halo 2 are on the pc so that doesnt really make it a xbox eclusive

Console exclusive. Only the hardcore computer techies will purchase those games...I'm referring to the people that have their computer pumped up more than than cars.

This is one reason why I don't buy PC games anymore. It costs far more money to upgrade my computer every time and revolutionary game is made that won't run on it's current set up than it is to purchase a $49.99 game to shove in my XBox knowing that it will work.

The PC game world is a far cry from the console world. So, the games I listed are exclusive and will not be found on the falling GC and the jealous PoS2.

Hugopolo
09-27-2003, 09:25 AM
I totally agree the only games that are in this computer are like contra 3 and other old snes games