PDA

View Full Version : unfair character in SCII!!!!!

Spaztic
09-26-2003, 01:43 PM
I was just wanting to see what you all would say. I have played this game over 40+ hours already and mastered, Ivy, Kilik, Maxi, and Nightmare. I noticed that Nightmare seems to be pratically unbeatable when a person that has mastered him plays. I will win everytime with him, no matter who i play and who they are. He is really fast, has a huge range on his sword, and when you block his hits he knocks you back, which causes it to be difficult to counter attack because you are out of range. I play with my roommates all the time and when I am not nightmare, The fights are alot more closer. Just wondering you thoughts.

The Jackal
09-26-2003, 06:23 PM
doesnt matter who you pick... its all bout whose controllin them... yeah nightmares good if you master him but everyone else is to... its just whoever has mastered their character better will win

GrimLin/Oddy
09-27-2003, 07:47 AM
Any charachter is beatable, yea nightmare is good (the sword swings hurt) but most chars have long range stuff they can do too, i guess ur friends just gotta learn to throw shields or sumthin...

Variation-XBA
09-27-2003, 01:58 PM
Kilik is the cheapest :P Moreso than Nightmare

Shadow20002
09-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Yea.. someitme Nightmare is the most powerful character after you mastered him but try someone else than mastered too... :cool:

Dre
10-13-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Variation
Kilik is the cheapest :P

Why is Kilik cheap?

JJaX
10-15-2003, 08:26 PM
The game is balanced, sure you can argue some characters are better than others.

Nightmare is one of my better characters. And i dont think anyone can "master" a character, they peak in skill. But theres really no way to master a fighter. Because people can use the same fighter in a different manner.

Know what im saying?

AlphaCigara
10-16-2003, 08:55 PM
IMHO, the cheapest character is Ivy. The way she can easily hit you in close and long range, can juggle (but then again who cant) and can hit you through the ground.

George89
10-24-2003, 06:17 PM
I sort of agree with Nightmare being so powerful. It seems that whenever I fight him that sometimes i cant even get close with short range characters because his reach is so long and it is hard to block that sword. I think Ivy has a longer range when her sword turns to a whip.

lax_defense
10-25-2003, 10:43 AM
I partially agree, partially disagree. IMO Nightmare is an awesome character, but he does have an advantage over many of the characters, for example, Maxi. So, it kinda matters who you're up against but still, I'd have to agree.

GrimLin/Oddy
10-25-2003, 12:27 PM
IMO Kilik, Ivy and Nightmare have a big advantage over short range attackers like Talim, Voldo, Maxi, Taki etc.
but most short range ppl have a way around that,
Taki can jump over and roll away from attacks, Voldo can start a roll attack from far away, every char has a move like this
(I think, Ive hardly ever played with Talim or Maxi).
And besides, if you lose to friends, you can always punch em! :D

mordecai
11-14-2003, 10:18 AM
When I first rented SCII I had a lot of fun, but after I bought it, I started to notice the games problems. Some characters are good against certain characters and bad against others. The problem is that there are a few of them who are good against many more then the rest. Nightmare and Kilik are good examples of this. This isn't just my opinion either, every one else who played with me saw it. Kilik is to fast witha long range and Nightmare is strong, with a long range and moderatley fast. There is always a way to beat them, it's just harder to beat them then other characters.

Third Eye
11-14-2003, 11:13 AM
****ing Assassin, I hate playing him, he is so much like Hwang (my fav from part 1)
it's not funny. With Mitsurigi I put up a good fight and usually win, but with anyone else, I'm usually in for an ass- kicking

mordecai
12-02-2003, 01:02 AM
I have been playing SC2 more recentley and I think I found out why I thought there were unfair characters. The learning curve in the game is incredibley sharp, most people can play descenlty after a while but to get any better you need to be pretty good at countering. In multi-player you must be really good at countering, not mediocer, because it will actually make you worse in small amounts. Some characters are better though, it's just that once you reach a certain level of ability, it has nothing to do with character choice.

JJaX
12-02-2003, 01:58 PM
^^^

Well said...

Every fighter can beat any fighter. SC2 is the most balanced fighter, ever...

Regosnot
12-08-2003, 09:47 PM
I hate Kilik and his stupid staff. I like Spawn though he just like nightmare only faster with poor defence

JJaX
12-09-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Regosnot
I hate Kilik and his stupid staff. I like Spawn though he just like nightmare only faster with poor defence

Spawn plays nothing like nightmare.

The Jackal
12-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Spawn plays nothing like nightmare.

yeah no kiddin... completely different characters