PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Heat vs Nascar Thunder



low_ridah11
12-21-2001, 12:57 PM
If anyone is planning on buying a nascar game, dont buy thunder 2001. Heat is way better graphics wise, sound,and gameplay. The cars in Thunder have terrible handling and feel like your driving a tank, in heat they handle like a real car. Just wanted to let anyone know cause i went out and bought thunder AFTER i rented heat and realized i should have bout heat.

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 01:01 PM
That's good to know...But, I have a question for ya: Is buying a Nascar game worth it eventhough I already have PGR and am planning on getting a couple Rallicar games: Rallisport Challenge and Collin McCrae Rally? If so, I understand that Heat is slightly better so I would go with Heat....but, what is your opinion in my case?

leecow
12-21-2001, 01:10 PM
It's a totally different driving genre than street racers like PGR, rally games such as RC or McCrae, and pointy car games such as F1. The demands and skill sets are different in all of the games so it's a matter of determining what you like.

NASCAR demands an incredible level of consistency and very fine control inputs over a long period of time if you're running long races with the AI cranked up. I think this is where Heat really shines.

These cars are not easy to control. Imagine driving the vette in PGR with an additional 350 hp with 42 of your closest friends trying to run over you instead of just 5 :D

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by leecow
It's a totally different driving genre than street racers like PGR, rally games such as RC or McCrae, and pointy car games such as F1. The demands and skill sets are different in all of the games so it's a matter of determining what you like.

NASCAR demands an incredible level of consistency and very fine control inputs over a long period of time if you're running long races with the AI cranked up. I think this is where Heat really shines.

These cars are not easy to control. Imagine driving the vette in PGR with an additional 350 hp with 42 of your closest friends trying to run over you instead of just 5 :D

lol, leecow...nice perspective :D I think, based on your response here, that I will rent Heat and check out what I could be missing :D Thanks, buddy! If I like it, I'll buy Heat...and I'll make sure to have a few buddies over :D Hey, quick question, though...do you know if Heat utilizes the System Link Cable for LAN play by any chance? It's not a must, but, it would be a plus :)

Hugh_Jass
12-21-2001, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Maximus


lol, leecow...nice perspective :D I think, based on your response here, that I will rent Heat and check out what I could be missing :D Thanks, buddy! If I like it, I'll buy Heat...and I'll make sure to have a few buddies over :D Hey, quick question, though...do you know if Heat utilizes the System Link Cable for LAN play by any chance? It's not a must, but, it would be a plus :)

It does support the system link. I believe you can have up to 32 players. I guess that is probably 8 systems x 4 players per system.

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass


It does support the system link. I believe you can have up to 32 players. I guess that is probably 8 systems x 4 players per system.

NICE!! I'm definately going to check out this game now...for sure! I guess it is a little more important than I indicated :D Thanks, pal!

Hey, quick question, Hugh_Jass...you don't have a huge ass do you? lol...your nickname sounds like you might :D

skoot182
12-21-2001, 03:30 PM
Dont tell me you just got that joke Maximus!?!?!?!?!?!

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by skoot182
Dont tell me you just got that joke Maximus!?!?!?!?!?!

A joke, where's a joke? If there was a joke other than what Leecow was saying, then I missed it :confused: where? :confused: Huh? :confused: Who? :confused:

Ninja Scroll
12-21-2001, 04:10 PM
racing games = yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnn, well except for Daytona USA on Sega Saturn! That game ruled da world!
The arcade is one of da greatest ever!

leecow
12-21-2001, 04:56 PM
Racing games certainly aren't for everyone - fortunately there are other genres to choose from eh?

"do you know if Heat utilizes the System Link Cable for LAN play by any chance?"

Yep, forgot to mention that Heat supports this and was one of the deciding factors for me. I noticed Heat support on Gamespy but think I heard a rumor last week (which I have not confirmed) that it had been pulled.

Hugh_Jass
12-21-2001, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Hey, quick question, Hugh_Jass...you don't have a huge ass do you? lol...your nickname sounds like you might :D

I think it's getting bigger every minute I spend with the XBOX. :eek:

low_ridah11
12-22-2001, 10:06 AM
Iam a huge nascar fan and love racing period. I have raced for 4 years now and nascar heat is the most realistice racing game i have ever played, the graphics are sweet and its not a 43rd place to 1st place in 1 lap racing game...In my oppinion this is really a racing simulator