PDA

View Full Version : Check Your Local Gamestop....The Rainbow Six 3 Demo Should Have Arrived



XboxResearcher
09-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Hello everyone. Just to let everyone know my local Gamestop just got a shipment in today of the Rainbow Six 3 Demo. So for everyone who pre-ordered the game at Gamestop, give them a call they should have it in.


I am going to pick up my copy right now. I am in New York City.


Thanks
:)

Variation-XBA
09-27-2003, 02:09 PM
We got it at EB 2 days ago, and are giving em away when people preorder R63

l Maximus l
09-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Variation
We got it at EB 2 days ago, and are giving em away when people preorder R63

How much do you have to put down? I hear it's a $10 minimum. I could care less, though...I definately want to check this puppy out :D

dances with broom sticks
09-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA


How much do you have to put down? I hear it's a $10 minimum. I could care less, though...I definately want to check this puppy out :D


BAH! they wont give me my stupid disc... so I had to email EBGAMES.com, and ask them to send me an email sayin they are allowed to give them out :cuss:

Dyslexic Chaos
09-27-2003, 11:29 PM
I just finished playing the demo. It is AWESOME!!! your soldiers react very realisticly. Like, when you tell them enter a room, they will automatically cover all entry ways. and man, lighting someone on fire with an incideniary (sp?) grenade is FUN!!!

lethaldosex
09-28-2003, 12:12 AM
Man this demo is pimp. Like how live like it is and how smart the AI is.

Highlite23
09-28-2003, 11:44 AM
Here is the scoop.............

Game Stop= $5 Reservation for R63 gets you the disc.

Disc Contents:

Exclusive Rainbow Six 3 Playable Demo

Exclusive New Missions for Ghost Recon Island Thunder [list=1]
Aurora
Riverbed
Roadblock
Tank
[/list=1]

Exclusive New Splinter Cell Missions

[list=1]
Kola Cell
Vselka Infiltration (EXCLUSIVE)
Vselka (EXCLUSIVE)
[/list=1]

You do need a copy of the original games to play the new content.

How COOL is this disc!!:D

Variation-XBA
09-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
How much do you have to put down? I hear it's a $10 minimum. I could care less, though...I definately want to check this puppy out :D

We're told to get a $15 pre-order (not the regular $5) and then they get it. If they want to cancel the preorder, they need to give the disc back too. (Though I knwo some people are just getting the disc for $15)

dances with broom sticks
09-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Variation


We're told to get a $15 pre-order (not the regular $5) and then they get it. If they want to cancel the preorder, they need to give the disc back too. (Though I knwo some people are just getting the disc for $15)

You work at EB? how about I give you the # to my local store, and you let them know they are supposed to give me the disc??:D :D

Papke
09-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Wow is all I can think to say. I CANNOT WAIT to play this on xbl. I'd go as far as to say that this will be better than the beloved GR.

But.....

How many of the voice commands have you guys found? My teammates have responded to 'Regroup' 'move' 'frag' 'hold' and 'open and close' for doors. What am I missing?

# 1 Stunner
09-28-2003, 06:51 PM
so can u play any of those gr levels online?

Dyslexic Chaos
09-28-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Papke
Wow is all I can think to say. I CANNOT WAIT to play this on xbl. I'd go as far as to say that this will be better than the beloved GR.

But.....

How many of the voice commands have you guys found? My teammates have responded to 'Regroup' 'move' 'frag' 'hold' and 'open and close' for doors. What am I missing?

Have you used the "Zulu" commands yet? you can get your teammates to "move on 'Zulu'" or "frag on 'Zulu'" etc...

l Maximus l
09-29-2003, 02:53 AM
This disc is off the hizzie for sheezy!

The graphics resemble more of Splinter Cell's graphics...also, walking throught he sewer sort of reminded me of Golden Eye 64 on the ending of the first level...but, obviously, far better graphics.

Cool effects like the chains moving when you bump it...also, there were a lot of effects borrowed from Splinter Cell like the (not sure what they are called) the plastic slab things that seperate a doorway to hold heat or coolness in. They move nicely as you walk through them.

Nice blood and gore spraying on walls, floor, and ceilings. Good stuff. If you ask me, this is what I hoped RTCW would have been but wasn't. This is probably the best Tom Clancy game I have played...even better than Splinter Cell, IMO.

XboxResearcher
09-29-2003, 04:00 AM
I have to agree with Maximus, this is hopefully probably the best Tom Clancy I have seen.

All I can say is WOW! Great graphics, great gameplay, smart A.I., and much more. This is just a demo, I can't wait to the full game comes out.

Go job Ubi Soft. Hopefully, when the full game comes out it will meet our expectations.


Thanks
:)

l Maximus l
09-29-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by XboxResearcher
I have to agree with Maximus, this is hopefully probably the best Tom Clancy I have seen.

All I can say is WOW! Great graphics, great gameplay, smart A.I., and much more. This is just a demo, I can't wait to the full game comes out.

Go job Ubi Soft. Hopefully, when the full game comes out it will meet our expectations.


Thanks
:)

I hear ya, man...I've played the demo for hours so far...and even beat it on Elite just now...finally...it was pretty tough :D

And, talk about a swarm of weapons and other arsenal to choose from, too. So far, it's shaping up to be a sweet ass game...best yet from Ubi Soft to date, in my opinion.

jelgiad
09-29-2003, 11:20 AM
yeah, i picked it up friday.....played through it at least 5 or six times already. I agree with maximus, this is the best clancy game i've played yet. the new gr:it maps are pretty cool too.

l Maximus l
09-29-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by jelgiad
the new gr:it maps are pretty cool too.

Would you believe that I haven't even seen them yet eventhough I copied them to my XBox's hard-drive? lol...I've just been so into the Rainbow Six: 3 demo that I haven't even bothered :D

I'll check it out tonight, fo sheezy :D