PDA

View Full Version : What are some must have games for Xbox? I just got my first Xbox yesterday

AaronGamer
09-28-2003, 01:30 PM
What are some must have games for Xbox? I just got my first Xbox yesterday.:)

I got another S Controller and James Bond 007 Agent Under Fire so far.:)

I plan on getting Halo this weekend because I heard so much about it:D

IlliniFan86
09-28-2003, 01:32 PM
If you haven't played Halo yet I'd say pick it up.

If you have live Return to Castle Wolfenstein (single player sucks so if u dont have live don't get it.)

AaronGamer
09-28-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by IlliniFan86
If you haven't played Halo yet I'd say pick it up.

If you have live Return to Castle Wolfenstein (single player sucks so if u dont have live don't get it.)

I can't get live I have 56k they dont have broadband in my area:(

Reclaimer
09-28-2003, 01:58 PM
OK..

Take back 007 Agent Under Fire, before you kill yourself.
This is the list of games you must have right now:

Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic
Ghost Recon, and Island Thunder. (Island Thunder is short, and more like an add on pack to the orignal Ghost Recon.
Splinter Cell
Halo.. a library standard
WWE Raw2
Soul Caliber2
Brute Force
Project Gotham Racing

There you go.. Maybe some sports games, but someone else would have to recommend those. I don't play sports games.

I'm serious about Agent Under Fire.. That game sucks a mean one. I had it, got mad at it, and traded it in.

Nameless00
09-28-2003, 02:01 PM
SW: KOTOR
Morrowind
Raw 2
Splinter Cell

Variation-XBA
09-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Rallisport and Simpsons Hit and Run :)

Ford Mustang
09-28-2003, 05:44 PM
Halo, definitely
If you like FPS/Action
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Splinter Cell
Max Payne

If you like RPG:
Morrowind
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

If you like Racing:
Project Gotham Racing
Sega GT 2002
Rallisport

I don't know about sports games. I know alot of their potential is on live. :D Good luck finding some good games

Calvmann
09-28-2003, 06:22 PM
DEATHROW!!!

TuffEagle88
09-28-2003, 07:20 PM
Halo definately, but you said you were already gonna get it.

Splinter Cell, awesome game in every way, definately must have.

I loved Sega GT 2002, but I'm into cars so we went together well, but if you like racing you'll love it.

Save the rest of your dough(if you have any left) for Halo 2, Rainbow Six3, Splinter Cell2, and last but not least Fable. I'll probably get Fable and Halo2 asap, but the others will have to wait until I have more cash.

I can't give an opinion about Ghost Recon other than I've heard that it sucks in single player and since you don't have live I wouldn't get it, besides it sounds like Island Thunder is a rip off too.

l Maximus l
09-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Halo, hands down. This will be your best XBox experience...probably your best gaming experience...ever. That is, if you're into shooters.

I also recommend: Brute Force.

Racing: Rallisport Challenge

Snowboarding: Amped Freestyle Snowboarding

Games that are coming out: Rainbow Six 3, Counter Strike

Games to get that are a while to come out: Halo 2, Half Life 2, DOOM 3

Hunter-Seeker
09-28-2003, 08:38 PM
Midtown madness 3 or Rallisport (if you like raceing)
Wolfenstein or Soldier of fortune (if you like shooters)
Splinter cell (if you like stealth combat and great graphics)

Trento52
09-28-2003, 08:54 PM
Do not get sega gt that game really sucks. That is why there are huge numbers of that used game they are desperatly trying to sell. I like project gotham racing, burn out 2, quantum redshift and i just hate need for speed hot pursuit. Alot of platinum hits are really good like project gotham, amped, hitman assassin, rallisport, silent hill 2, blink is really cool because it is 4d but thats about it. dead or alive 3 is a prety good fighting game but soul calibur beats it by far excpet in enviroment graphics. There all of those you can probably find cheap except soul calibur and burn out 2. There are alot of good games.

AlphaRaptor
09-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Calvmann
DEATHROW!!!

LoL I got a Demo of that and it rocks. Played it for hours hehe. Anyway, yea make very sure you get everything mentioned. Also, next year make sure you get Halo 2. Of course...

adzmullz1
09-29-2003, 04:35 AM
If your into Buffy (or even if your not!) get CHAOS BLEEDS........Awesome, awesome game.

runninutes
09-29-2003, 07:00 AM
Everyone's suggested the games I'd say except for Burnout 2. I bought it a few weeks ago and I love it - crashing on purpose is just so addicting...

ActualSize
09-29-2003, 12:37 PM
The only thing I haven't heard yet is MotoGP2. If you like racing motorcycles on pavement.:)

jelgiad
09-29-2003, 12:47 PM
Halo
Splinter Cell
Ghost Recon, GR: Island Thunder
Soul Calibur 2
Kung Fu Chaos

Plantinum hits worth getting
Oddworld
DOA 3

AaronGamer
09-29-2003, 04:02 PM
thanks all I will definitely get some of those games. I am surprised no one has mentioned Shenmue 2 . I have the first one on the Dreamcast and loved it so I will be getting Shenmue 2:D :D

l Maximus l
09-29-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by AaronGamer
thanks all I will definitely get some of those games. I am surprised no one has mentioned Shenmue 2 . I have the first one on the Dreamcast and loved it so I will be getting Shenmue 2:D :D

Shenmue 2 is an awesome sequel to the first one...so, I am confident that you'll like it, for sure :)

TuffEagle88
09-29-2003, 06:14 PM

I can't believe that I forgot that one! Oh well, yea it is a pretty good game, not mind blowing but a pretty good game. I never played the first one but got caught up to speed with all of the extra features in it. I just wish I would have waited until it went down. :cry: Because (rampant sobbing) just 3 weeks after I bought it they brought it down to $40:cry: . I don't think that it is worth 50, but buy it now that it has come down, you will get your money's worth and then some.

Ugunnalose
09-29-2003, 06:41 PM
WWE Raw 2 is a must have
Espn Nfl Football is a musthave
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is a must have

AaronGamer
09-29-2003, 07:43 PM
Shenmue 2 is an awesome sequel to the first one...so, I am confident that you'll like it, for sure :)

That is one of the main reasons I got the Xbox:)

I don't think that it is worth 50, but buy it now that it has come down, you will get your money's worth and then some.

Will do:)

Oh another reason I got Xbox is because Dino Crisis 3 is out for it. I have both for my PS1 and loved them and I was wondering if anyone know how Dino Crisis 3 is for Xbox?

and How is Unreal Championship is see a member has it for sale in the traders forum and I am thinking of buying it from him.

l Maximus l
09-30-2003, 02:54 AM
:)

That is one of the main reasons I got the Xbox:)

Will do:)

Oh another reason I got Xbox is because Dino Crisis 3 is out for it. I have both for my PS1 and loved them and I was wondering if anyone know how Dino Crisis 3 is for Xbox?

and How is Unreal Championship is see a member has it for sale in the traders forum and I am thinking of buying it from him.

I thought the Dino Crisis 3 demo sucked...but, then again, I never played the game before. I didn't like how the screen changed angles and stuff. I recommend renting it first. Just get Halo!

Unreal Championship is a sweet game but really was designed for XBox Live than anything else...unless you have a bunch of dudes around to play with. Yes, it has bots and good A.I. but, playing on XBox Live is where Unreal Championship is at.

AaronGamer
09-30-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I thought the Dino Crisis 3 demo sucked...but, then again, I never played the game before. I didn't like how the screen changed angles and stuff. I recommend renting it first. Just get Halo!

Unreal Championship is a sweet game but really was designed for XBox Live than anything else...unless you have a bunch of dudes around to play with. Yes, it has bots and good A.I. but, playing on XBox Live is where Unreal Championship is at.

ok I will have to rent it first then.

I am getting Halo and two more S controllers Friday:D

Is Unreal Championship 4 players?

l Maximus l
09-30-2003, 06:13 PM
Is Unreal Championship 4 players?

Well....I have bad news and good news:

Bad News: No...It's not 4 player

Good News: It supports up to 16 :D

hehe...actually, yes, it will support 4 but it also can support up to 16. I just wanted to have a "bad news and good news" proposition :D

Arven
09-30-2003, 10:14 PM

Awful.

Terrible camera.

Leo
10-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Must have games for xbox are

1. Magic The Gathering: Battlegrounds comes out November 2003
2. Fable comes out Spring 2004
3. Halo
4. Halo 2 comes out Spring 2004
5. DOOM 3 comes out 2004
6. Spawn comes out in November 2003
7. B.C. comes out Spring 2004
8. Ninja Gaiden comes out November or December 2003
9. Half-LIfe 2 comes out 2004
10. Gladiator Sword ov Vengance comes out October 2003

Have fun with your Xbox.

See ya!

You bought the best system in the WORLD. You'll be glad that you did!