PDA

View Full Version : Predictions...

SnoochyBoochy
09-28-2003, 03:20 PM
Everyone knows about the GC price drop, and it's been said that nintendo may be falling out of the console race... Instead of who is falling out of the race, I'd like to know who you guys think will be jumping INTO the race in the future...

Ford Mustang
09-28-2003, 04:52 PM
We all know about the Phantom Console. That's the most well known new player in the Console industry. Not sure how well it'll do though.

Also, I don't think GameCube will go bye-bye. There are enough hardcore fans to keep it going, in my opinion.

If any other companies plan on jumping into the race, they haven't made it public yet. :)

Kortiz
09-28-2003, 05:19 PM
I don't mean to say this as if GC is just for kids........but kids will always be poppin' out of women, hense the GC will stay put.

they have a lot of adult type games........but lets face it.....it will always sell.

Reclaimer
09-28-2003, 05:59 PM
I think the future is going to start having to involve hand held gaming units. Consoles will never go away, but I think there could be a big enough market for several well established hand held machines to come into play and start competing for the turf that Nintendo built with it's Gameboy. N-Gage is out there, there's another Palm OS powered unit coming out, Sony has it's unit coming out, there will always be a gameboy version out there.
Maybe MS could sqeak something out to get a piece of the pie.
I

AlphaRaptor
09-29-2003, 12:14 AM
With that price drop i might just go ahead and get a GC sometime in the future. Heck, i payed $100 for my GBSP!

l Maximus l
09-29-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by AlphaRaptor
With that price drop i might just go ahead and get a GC sometime in the future. Heck, i payed $100 for my GBSP!

Yeah, good point. By puting it that way, the GC looks really cheap at $99.99 :eek:

Nuclearcow
09-29-2003, 10:31 AM
The future market is going to involve PC, console, and general home entertainment all intergrated together. I mean just imagine things like interactive movies. It would be like playing one of the Matrix movies on-line with all your friends/enemies. It would almost be like a 2 hour movie that could end any number of ways. That's my vision, anyway. So as far as companies go, I"m expect to see more partnerships formed between the world of Hollywood, and the world of gaming.

Shadow20002
09-29-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Yeah, good point. By puting it that way, the GC looks really cheap at $99.99 :eek:

But games is still around 49,99 $USD, maybe in the near future, they drop it too and i will get one for sure. :cool:

l Maximus l
09-29-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002

But games is still around 49,99 $USD, maybe in the near future, they drop it too and i will get one for sure. :cool:

To be dead honest, even $99.99 isn't enticing enough for me to pick up a Cube. Not a single game on there actually gets me excited to purchase it. To me, it's all about the XBox. :)

mattgame
09-30-2003, 11:01 AM
GC will be here. What is gonna phase out is this Nokia, and PSP handhelds. They're gonna cost too much for most people, especially when you can get major consoles for far less.