PDA

View Full Version : looking for good platform gaming

jelgiad
09-29-2003, 12:36 PM
ok, i havent played a good platformer in ages, lately its been all about the shooters. but ive been having a craving to get some good platform gaming on and i was wondering if any of you guys new of any good ones out lately that i could rent, either for the box or for the cube

Kraft
09-29-2003, 12:41 PM
If you are planning on buying something then I kid you not: Wait for Prince of Persia to be released. This game is crazy awesome. Course if you are jonesing for something now, go for Voodoo Vince.

Shadow20002
09-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Nick-XBA
If you are planning on buying something then I kid you not: Wait for Prince of Persia to be released. This game is crazy awesome. Course if you are jonesing for something now, go for Voodoo Vince.

Hey.. it is out yet ? Voodoo look cool to me.

FragMaster B
09-29-2003, 01:32 PM
If you are planning on buying something then I kid you not: Wait for Prince of Persia to be released.

Is POP a platformer? From what I've seen I had thought not.

If my OXM ever gets here, perhaps I shall see for myself. Damn my mags take forever to arrive.

jelgiad
09-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by FragMaster B

Is POP a platformer? From what I've seen I had thought not.

If my OXM ever gets here, perhaps I shall see for myself. Damn my mags take forever to arrive.

Yeah, i was wondering the same thing, i was thinking more along the lines of mario/sonic/crash banicoot, etc. i will definately be taking a look at POP as well though. Im still waiting for my OXM to arrive as well, so dont feel like you are the only one.

FragMaster B
09-29-2003, 01:51 PM
I'm not into platformers too much, but, I did get "Finding Nemo" for my daughter. Graphics are actually pretty nice and it's a fun little cutsy game. I would guess that Nemo would be considered a platformer... I think it'd be worth a rent at least.

Nuclearcow
09-29-2003, 03:32 PM
Frow what I've seen I think that POP is going to have platformer elements, much like early Tomb Raider stuff. If that makes any sense.

l Maximus l
09-29-2003, 04:21 PM
You know, I'm not a huge fan of platformers at all, however, playing the recent demo for Voodoo Vince actually convinced me that the platformer genre is still alive and kickin'!

The Voodoo Vince demo rocked! I'd even consider buying the game when it's available!! I strongly recommend this game just by playing the demo alone.

Great graphics, awesome world...completely unique game..it really is like no other...and it's hilarious! I about died laughing when I figured out that in the demo, you have to catch yourself on fire, run through the gas pipes and blow yourself up to kill the boss...bwahahaha!

You should see the punishment that Vince goes through just to kill his enemies! :D hehe...good stuff, buddy

Kraft
09-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Yes, POP is deifnately a platformer. The POP games have always been platform games and will continue that tradition with Sands of Time. Of course Ubisoft is making it much more interesting with the ability to swing from objects, run on walls and all sorts of other crazy stuff. It's probably not going to be as fast paced as sonic or mario, but it is a hella tight game.

Highlite23
09-29-2003, 07:15 PM
I would give Voodoo Vince and Vexx a gander. Vexx is alot of fun and very underated.:D

shawns20
09-29-2003, 08:15 PM
Voodoo Vince... It's fun to hurt yourself !!!

l Maximus l
09-30-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by shawns20
Voodoo Vince... It's fun to hurt yourself !!!

lol...Voodoo Vince has to be one of the most clever and well done platformers I've ever seen. Great stuff ahead for platformer fans with this game!

runninutes
09-30-2003, 07:49 AM
Munch is also a fun platformer-style game. You have the option of being good or evil, too... :wink:

jelgiad
10-01-2003, 10:55 AM
thanks for all the suggestions guys, i will definately be renting a few of these titles.

mjs550
10-01-2003, 02:00 PM
You should actually wait to get Metal Arms. You probably already know about it, but its an awesome shooter with quite a bit of platforming elements, namely jumping and collecting things you get from destroying things to buy upgrades. Good stuff

Leviathon
10-01-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by mjs550
You should actually wait to get Metal Arms. You probably already know about it, but its an awesome shooter with quite a bit of platforming elements, namely jumping and collecting things you get from destroying things to buy upgrades. Good stuff

You beat me to this suggestion. I really enjoyed Metal Arms. I played the Demo Several times and can't wait to try the full game plus the multiplayer options.:cheers: