PDA

View Full Version : Stopping the RUN in ESPN

BORNGD
09-29-2003, 02:29 PM
anyone have problems stopping the run in espn? The runners break so many tackles on me its crazy. I dont want to adjust my tackling cuz then you lose all crib points. Any secrets? I swear i have perfect tackles that the guy breaks. I just lost to Seattle and Alexander had over 70 yards after breaking the first tackle and a total of 100 plus yards in the game...so any secrets??? or anyone else have this problem?

Ugunnalose
09-29-2003, 06:44 PM
go man to man coverage then be on the rolb and hit him usually if he breaks that the safety will be down there in like a sec and hit him for like minimal gains

BORNGD
09-29-2003, 06:52 PM
i'll give it a try! :)

Ugunnalose
09-29-2003, 07:00 PM
it works for the Bears i know that cuz thats who i am:D

Bakeman
09-30-2003, 03:01 PM
one thing that bugs me about the D on stopping the run....

THEY NEVER FLOW DOWN THE LINE!!!

I have yet to see a D-linemen ever make a tackle down the scrimage on the outside.. it is only the LB's and DB's making them.

In my franchise my SS as 70 tackles (in like week 14, which is LOW compared to the rest of the teams).. and my DT's and DE's only have like 10 tops .. it's rather sad. Other D-linemen have like 30 or so in the league.

peejay
09-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman
one thing that bugs me about the D on stopping the run....

THEY NEVER FLOW DOWN THE LINE!!!

I have yet to see a D-linemen ever make a tackle down the scrimage on the outside.. it is only the LB's and DB's making them.

In my franchise my SS as 70 tackles (in like week 14, which is LOW compared to the rest of the teams).. and my DT's and DE's only have like 10 tops .. it's rather sad. Other D-linemen have like 30 or so in the league.

I feel you man. When I was still playing NFL 2K3, Warren Sapp had like 12 tackles in one season, lol. It's basic stuff. We even learned that in highschool football, after you break through, you learn to move down the line and sniff out the ball carriers. The d-linemen on this game DO NOT do that. It's so friggin frustrating. This explains why 85% of the time I'm a middle linebacker and all I do is sniff out the runs. About the safeties, it's the same with my team. The safeties always have the highest amount of tackles, even more than the linebackers. wtf?!?

Ugunnalose
09-30-2003, 06:48 PM
u guys must suck its usually my dt's that stop runs up the middle and then off tackle stuff is usually my De but yeah in any nfl team its gonna be linebackers with most tackles.

Bakeman
09-30-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by duschbag
u guys must suck its usually my dt's that stop runs up the middle and then off tackle stuff is usually my De but yeah in any nfl team its gonna be linebackers with most tackles.

Please read our post carefully......

I'm talking about my D-line flowing down the line.. which means outside runs... Even then the LB's are at the very least assisting on the tackle (which is good, team tackling is what it's about) but it's not often to see just one or two D-linemen taking down a RB by themselves.

Most of the time the D-Line stays in the middle of the field and do not move towards the sideline to stop runs.

If you can play your franchise on All Pro ... and near the end of the season have a good amount of tackles with your DT's and DE's and lead your team with a LB in tackles.. please post some screen shots.. because I want to see that, I really do.

It will atleast make me feel better about the game, maybe not my abilities in the game.. but the game itself atleast.