PDA

View Full Version : XBox Games, will the selection be more vast....

Chr0nik
12-21-2001, 02:24 PM
I know it is still early, but I find it a little odd that there are so many similar games out right now.

Shouldn`t Microsoft be trying to give as vast of a selection as possible to get people to buy Xbox.

NFL = NFL Fever, NFL 2k2, Madden 2002, Blitz, ESPN

Racing= Nascar Heat, Nascar Thunder

These are 7 games that could have been released later in the year, not all at once to saturate the market.

I have madden 2002 and I find it is all I need to satisfy my football craving, but honestly how much football and Nascar can we possibly handle.

JJaX
12-21-2001, 02:30 PM
I rather have a system that offers different titles for the same Genre of game. THat way developers gotta push to make the sale. End result = better games over time. On top of that the games are similar but not the same. For example i think NFL fever is the biggest Tird of a foot ball game. Id rather play football on one of those things you buy at wallmart when you where like 6.
Yet people rant and rave about this game saying its so great. Its all in prefrences and people will buy games no matter how s4itty they are. Kabuki warriors anyone?

Ninja Scroll
12-21-2001, 02:34 PM
one word my excited xbox friend: "PATIENCE".
the system just came out yo

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 02:45 PM
I like the variety, too...I agree with Jjax...however, I love NFL Fever, so we differ there. Madden is just a PoS2 port...if I wanted that game, I would just buy the PoS2. I figure that NFL Fever 2002 is the first of a long series...and like any beginning, they only get better as time wears on.

But, in regards to the variety of similar genres, I like it...and completely agree with Jjax here...this competition will force developers to do better and better things. No one likes to be beat.

terrapin
12-21-2001, 11:17 PM
Chronik, it also has to do with marketing and the popularity of different sports at different times. For example, right now American Football is very popular since it is nearing the end of the regular season. This is why there are so many football titles around. Wait a couple of months and Baseball season will start and you will notice a lot of baseball games being released. Just be glad that so many different developers feel confident enough in the Xbox platform that they are willing to release these games even though there is an over abundance of them in the marketplace. :)

Lightwave Freak
12-22-2001, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
I rather have a system that offers different titles for the same Genre of game. THat way developers gotta push to make the sale. End result = better games over time.
i think u have a good point there JJaX. Having different titles for one genre would raise the level of competition resulting in both better games over time, and (i think) as well as the immediate future.