PDA

View Full Version : 90 % of Halo 2 finished

Dark Enemy
09-30-2003, 11:33 AM
X03: Interview with Pete Parsons
"90 Percent of Halo 2 is done"
Translation by Harry Al-Shakarchi

Juan-Les-Pins (France) - Even though Pete Parsons mostly answered questions about Halo 2 with "I don't know" or "I can't say anything about that yet" we were actually able to squeeze some things out of him.

BO: First of all, the most important question: when is Halo 2 going to be in stores?
PP: The game will be released when it's done, but March or April 2004 don't sound too far from the actual release time.

BO: What percentage of Halo 2's development is done?
PP: Hard to say. I'm playing the game every night right now and the guys at Bungie are already playing the multiplayer modes. I think we're at 90% done, but the last 10% are usually the hardest.

BO: Isn't Microsoft pressuring you with a release date?
PP: No, they are giving us time because they know they're getting a great product.

BO: How will the the plot of Halo 2 progress?
PP: We'll use any and every chance to progress the plot, whether it's via rendered scenes or scripted scenes that happen during gameplay. What there won't be are 30-minute videos. The plot in Halo was good, but I think we've gone beyond that in Halo 2 and achieved some great things.

BO: Are you already planning ideas that will appear in Halo 3?
PP: No, because we don't even know yet if there will be a third part. However, Halo's universe is so flexible that we could, if needed, create new games with new ideas for its game play.

BO: Will Halo 2's sound also be a major point like in Halo?
PP: Yes. Even though graphics seem more important for some, we find that sound is an important element of a game too.

BO: Will there be a PC version of Halo 2?
PP: I don't know yet. We [Bungie Studios] are having a lot of fun playing Halo on PC and over the internet, but we also play Battlefield 1942 now and then. We hope that Halo on PC will be a success, but not only out of commercial reasons, but because it would justify a PC version of Halo 2 as well.

BO: What do you think about other first person shooters?
PP: I can't wait for Half-Life 2. I've met with the developers and they're a bunch of good people, and we at Bungie don't find that they're competition. We're just trying to do our thing.

BO: How many people are working on Halo 2?
PP: A total of 50 people. Because Halo 2 is a much more involved project than Halo we needed more people to work on it.

BO: How long will Halo 2 be?
PP: It should be like Halo, maybe a little longer.

BO: What about the rumour that there will be another playable character? PP: Untrue, it's Master Chief all the way.

BO: What's next for Bungie?
PP: We don't have any plans right now. First we'll complete Halo then we'll all take a vacation. After that we'll get together again and talk about what we'll do next.

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/botranslation.092403.html

This might be old news but i just saw it today.

LynxFX
09-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Cool stuff. So it sounds like march-april it is then. That's ok with me as there are too many cool games coming out between now and then. I can dedicate time to those then when Halo2 rolls around, I will no longer have a life. :D

AlphaRaptor
09-30-2003, 12:14 PM
This is going to be the best game of all time. How many times have I said that?:p

Dark Enemy
09-30-2003, 12:22 PM
PP: The game will be released when it's done, but March or April 2004 don't sound too far from the actual release time.

It might even come out before that from what hes saying but it looks like it wont be out no longer than april or march

RudedogX
09-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Either way as Lynx said...there are too many games coming out between now and then anyway, that we're going to be busy as hell playing those!

mattgame
09-30-2003, 12:52 PM
I hope they come out with a demo for Christmas.:D

Stormlord
09-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Sounds great. Hopefully it'll be out in March around my b-day :D .

BO: Will there be a PC version of Halo 2?
PP: I don't know yet. We [Bungie Studios] are having a lot of fun playing Halo on PC and over the internet, but we also play Battlefield 1942 now and then. We hope that Halo on PC will be a success, but not only out of commercial reasons, but because it would justify a PC version of Halo 2 as well.

Sounds to me like if Halo PC doesn't do as well as Halo on Xbox there won't be a port of Halo 2. I think it'll succeed but if it doesn't then there really are a lot of fan boys out there. If you've been to the Breed message board you'll see what I mean. They thrash Halo's name and claim that they'll never touch even when it does come to PC cause it became a console game. Some people really need to lighten up and just play games because they're great not judge them for being on a certain system. :cuss: :mad:

Shadow20002
09-30-2003, 02:15 PM
Hey.. great news !!! So we gonna get it early than predicted ? ;)

# 1 Stunner
09-30-2003, 03:53 PM
just great news...hopefully the halo pc and xbl will hold me till this.....man this game is gonna be kickass...

l Maximus l
09-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Oh man...any new news about Halo 2 is extremely welcome! Keep it coming!!! :D

This is, BY FAR, my most anticipated game. Honestly, I could care less if a single game came out for XBox before this one...I want Halo 2 like nothing else.

But, in the meantime, I'll likely be playing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: 3 and Links 2004 like a crazy bastage :D

jelgiad
10-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Stormlord

Sounds to me like if Halo PC doesn't do as well as Halo on Xbox there won't be a port of Halo 2. I think it'll succeed but if it doesn't then there really are a lot of fan boys out there.

personally, i think the only thing thats gonna make halo pc successful is the ability to play it over the net. since halo 2 is going to be on live anyway, why would you need halo 2 pc?

LINKINPARK8591
10-01-2003, 11:43 AM
halo and halo 2 are by far the best game that has and will be on the xbox, and yes it is the most anticipated game for the box. i ended up walking into a gamestop store to get a game and that's all they were talking about, so i got into the conversation too.:argue1: :cheers: :watchout: once its i n store copies will only last seconds on the shelves:D

jelgiad
10-01-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by LINKINPARK8591
once its i n store copies will only last seconds on the shelves:D

thats why you better pre-order the heck out of it

DocHoliday78
10-01-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by AlphaRaptor
This is going to be the best game of all time. How many times have I said that?:p
I think HL2 might take that award.