PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur II Sells over 50% of Shipped Copies

Shadow20002
09-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Leading video games publisher, Namco Hometek Inc. announced previously that SOULCALIBUR®II, the sequel to one of the most revered weapons-based fighter video games of all-time, had shipped over 1.6 million units on its first day, the largest day one release in the history of Namco’s U.S. division. Just four weeks after the historical launch date of August 26, Namco has sold through over 50% of its initial shipment of SOULCALIBUR®II units.

“We are extremely pleased with SOULCALIBUR®II’s sales performance after just one month on the retail shelves,” said Namco’s Senior Vice President of Sales, Garry Cole. “By far this is Namco’s best U.S. product launch to date, and we’re confident this positive momentum will continue through the holiday season.”

SOULCALIBUR®II is available on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Nintendo GameCube and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. The game features improved game play, upgraded graphics and a variety of game modes. SOULCALIBUR®II also received the “Best Fighting Game” award at the 2003 Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles. Along with additional game content unique to the U.S. version, SOULCALIBUR®II features 10 game modes, console-exclusive characters, a host of unlockable characters and arenas, and over 200 collectible weapons and items.

l Maximus l
09-30-2003, 06:23 PM
You know, I still don't own this game... But, I'll likely pick it up anyway... My main delay has been because of the lack of XBox Live gameplay capability on it. Damn, I wish this was Live! :cry:

Lucifer_Hawk
09-30-2003, 06:32 PM
ARGH! I want ot get that game badly. But i only had enough money to choose between Soul Caliber 2 and KoTOR, and i picked Knights, I consider it a good decision, but argh, i got lost so often on that game :cuss:

Shadow20002
09-30-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
You know, I still don't own this game... But, I'll likely pick it up anyway... My main delay has been because of the lack of XBox Live gameplay capability on it. Damn, I wish this was Live! :cry:

hehe... me too. By the way, I'm picking Otogi instead of this. I'm gonna get it when the price is going down a little. :D

jelgiad
10-01-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002

I'm gonna get it when the price is going down a little. :D

those were my thoughs exactly. I rented it and i really enjoyed it, but i got about half way through the story mode and am not about to go and pay 50 bucks when i already beat half the game. I wait until it drops down at least to thirty bucks

DocHoliday78
10-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002

hehe... me too. By the way, I'm picking Otogi instead of this. I'm gonna get it when the price is going down a little. :D

Good choice Otogi is so awesome. Seriously its another underated game just like Deathrow was.