PDA

View Full Version : Welcome cheaters ....GameShark

Shadow20002
09-30-2003, 02:24 PM
The first GameShark product dedicated to Xbox, the GameShark GameSaves offers pre-loaded game saves for the most popular titles including Brute Force, Enter the Matrix and Splinter Cell. For the avid gamer who doesn't always want to start at the beginning, Xbox GameSaves lets players start and experience nearly every level available.

"We are very pleased with the performance of GameShark since acquiring the brand earlier in the year and are thrilled to offer Xbox users a taste of the GameShark experience with this product," commented Darren Richardson, President and Chief Operating Officer for Mad Catz, Inc. "Our plans to expand GameShark product availability to the top gaming consoles has been realized in less than nine months from purchasing the video game enhancement giant. Our GameShark enhancements products has positioned Mad Catz as the industry's 'one-stop-shop' for video game accessories."

Source@ (http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=13361&mode=thread&order=0)

Stormlord
09-30-2003, 04:05 PM
Game saves are a waste of time. They're not even real cheats. But atleast no one can use a cheat on Xbox LIVE like on PS2 yet.

BORNGD
09-30-2003, 05:22 PM
that really sounds like a waste of money to me...why would someone want a cheat like that? saved games? just play the game!

l Maximus l
09-30-2003, 06:03 PM
Interesting to know that it's coming...however, I won't touch it...I like playing the games on my own.

It's beyond me why someone would pay $49.99 for a game and then plug in their Gameshark and beat it in a day. Seems like a lame idea to me.... But, I guess people out there may actually want something like this...but, not this kid

dances with broom sticks
09-30-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Interesting to know that it's coming...however, I won't touch it...I like playing the games on my own.

It's beyond me why someone would pay $49.99 for a game and then plug in their Gameshark and beat it in a day. Seems like a lame idea to me.... But, I guess people out there may actually want something like this...but, not this kid

I have used my action replay exactly once... I figured id use it for ghost recon, but then i tried the dossier and it wasnt hard.

The only time i used it was on a game that i rented (POTC i think) that would freeze at the same point all the time. I loaded my save on, sent it to a friend, and he beat past that part, and sent it back, and i got the rest done myself :D

Stormlord
09-30-2003, 08:06 PM
I seriously only buy gamesharks or anything like it to have fun. It's hilarious to see a giant Mario riding on top of a normal sized Yoshi.

DocHoliday78
09-30-2003, 09:32 PM
I only had a game genie. Game genies own everyone and i think i am spelling it wrong but oh well.

Shadow20002
09-30-2003, 10:07 PM
Well, the only way i think when you need Gameshark is when you rent games. ;)

SnoochyBoochy
09-30-2003, 10:23 PM
i'd use it for fighting games.. like i dont want to have to unlock every damn character in soul calibur II and mortal kombat... i just want to have all the chars and whip my friends with them :P

w00t! finally, 100th post! who's holding the party for me? guys...? guys?

l Maximus l
10-01-2003, 02:49 AM
Eventhough I've never owned a Gameshark or similar type of thing...the only way I would consider purchasing one would be to see what else I could do with a game that I have conquered to death and have no plan on playing it again...that is, unless I had a Gameshark or similar device.

Xbox Owner
10-01-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Stormlord
Game saves are a waste of time. They're not even real cheats. But atleast no one can use a cheat on Xbox LIVE like on PS2 yet.

people on RTCW are

just little things, like coloring their names, etc.

but some people make it so their bar thing never goes down, and u can do as much air strikes as u want.

But when they're playing with full air strikes, everyone gets it.

It's pretty fun, actually

Casper
10-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner

people on RTCW are

just little things, like coloring their names, etc.

but some people make it so their bar thing never goes down, and u can do as much air strikes as u want.

But when they're playing with full air strikes, everyone gets it.

It's pretty fun, actually

Exactly what I was going to start off with here.

Now with the known exploits with Action Replay game saves that are being used to mod Xbox's, why are they allowing these people on Live? I don't get it. And now another company is going to have the same thing happen to them.....I'm not liking this trend.

AlBoogy
10-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I find the ones that buy Gamesharks are gamers that never really played games in the NES, SNES/ Genesis days. Those days set us up for the type of gamers we are now. Zelda taught us that maybe if you set fire to something it will open up something else. Mario showed us theres more to the game then what is on the screen. When I play games now I always look at everything in a particular area and think "maybe touching this will open that" and so on and so forth. Watching someone else play they will walk into that same room and within seconds they are saying, "im stuck". So basically its a difficulty issue. What you and I see as easy, others (mainly kids) dont understand nor do they want too.

jelgiad
10-01-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

I find the ones that buy Gamesharks are gamers that never really played games in the NES, SNES/ Genesis days. Those days set us up for the type of gamers we are now. Zelda taught us that maybe if you set fire to something it will open up something else. Mario showed us theres more to the game then what is on the screen. When I play games now I always look at everything in a particular area and think "maybe touching this will open that" and so on and so forth. Watching someone else play they will walk into that same room and within seconds they are saying, "im stuck". So basically its a difficulty issue. What you and I see as easy, others (mainly kids) dont understand nor do they want too.

I totally agree, and im going to take it to a step further. Look at the differences in the difficulty between The Legend of Zelda (NES) and Windwaker (GC). Windwaker, although entertaining, was way to easy. Do they think kids now-a-days are too dumb to solve anything challenging, or are they just too lazy?

runninutes
10-01-2003, 12:38 PM
Even if they're just saved games, couldn't they be hacked saves?

DocHoliday78
10-01-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by jelgiad

I totally agree, and im going to take it to a step further. Look at the differences in the difficulty between The Legend of Zelda (NES) and Windwaker (GC). Windwaker, although entertaining, was way to easy. Do they think kids now-a-days are too dumb to solve anything challenging, or are they just too lazy?
Yes the kids are that lazy. I see so many kids buy a rpg and then get a strategy guide. Whats the fun in that. Having a book tell you what to do every step of the game. I dont get this stuff at all:huh:

WynnFire
10-01-2003, 03:19 PM
I picked one up an Action Replay and have downloaded saves for Halo. I have already beaten the games many times since it came out but the few I downloaded 2 Banshees, 2 Enemie tanks, 5-6 ghosts, 1 scorpion, and 1 Warthog (Puma) All together. I destroyed the enemy tanks and just flew around the level, it was fun to see what some people can do.

OC Noob
10-01-2003, 04:33 PM

I don't think there is any truth to that. Its like when every generation says the world is going to hell because of the generation after them. Its just a false perception. Basically what you are saying is kids now (as a whole) are lazy and not as smart, which couldn't be farther from the truth. All generations have their lazy punks (kids aren't the only ones buying game sharks and stratigy guides). In fact, as technology gets more complex kids are becoming more sophisticated (they are obviously more sophisticated then me since I probably spelled it wrong;)) at an earlier age.

As, now, old men we are just falling into the trap that our parents did and thinking young people have become stupid. When, in fact, they have always been stupid:D And I mean they do dumb, lazy things like we did, they aren't less intelligent.

AlBoogy
10-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by OC Noob

I don't think there is any truth to that. Its like when every generation says the world is going to hell because of the generation after them. Its just a false perception. Basically what you are saying is kids now (as a whole) are lazy and not as smart, which couldn't be farther from the truth. All generations have their lazy punks (kids aren't the only ones buying game sharks and stratigy guides). In fact, as technology gets more complex kids are becoming more sophisticated (they are obviously more sophisticated then me since I probably spelled it wrong;)) at an earlier age.

As, now, old men we are just falling into the trap that our parents did and thinking young people have become stupid. When, in fact, they have always been stupid:D And I mean they do dumb, lazy things like we did, they aren't less intelligent.

No you are misenterpreting what I said to an extent. My point was that when we played games back then they made us the gamers we are today. It primed us to look into every nook and cranny and think anything is possible in a given stage, level, whatever. For example, whenever I watch my smaller cousins play Wind Waker. They would go into a room and see the door is locked. And it doesnt dawn on them to find a stick and light up all the pillars in the room. To us, its the first thing we think of.

SnoochyBoochy
10-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

Yes the kids are that lazy. I see so many kids buy a rpg and then get a strategy guide. Whats the fun in that. Having a book tell you what to do every step of the game. I dont get this stuff at all:huh:

sppppeeaaakkinnnggg of strategy guides, i haven't seen the halo strategy guide before... is it worth picking up or is it all just single player strategy? pssh... i had a tough time getting through the single player of that game simply because the levels seemed so boring and repetitive. blah... anyway yea, is the halo strat guide worth picking up?

OC Noob
10-02-2003, 12:10 AM

No you are misenterpreting what I said to an extent. My point was that when we played games back then they made us the gamers we are today. It primed us to look into every nook and cranny and think anything is possible in a given stage, level, whatever. For example, whenever I watch my smaller cousins play Wind Waker. They would go into a room and see the door is locked. And it doesnt dawn on them to find a stick and light up all the pillars in the room. To us, its the first thing we think of.

I would argue that games are much more complicated and and if you compare an average gamer from both generations at a given age (if it was possible) the second generation (younger person) would be far more advanced because they are exposed to much more sophisticated games. I would also argue that you are much older then your cousins and thats why you are better at WW or what ever you are playing.

Of course, were are speculating more then anything, it would be hard to prove as fact either way. So I'm not saying you are wrong and I am right, just giving you a different point of view. Something to think about.

AlBoogy
10-02-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by OC Noob

I would argue that games are much more complicated and and if you compare an average gamer from both generations at a given age (if it was possible) the second generation (younger person) would be far more advanced because they are exposed to much more sophisticated games. I would also argue that you are much older then your cousins and thats why you are better at WW or what ever you are playing.

Of course, were are speculating more then anything, it would be hard to prove as fact either way. So I'm not saying you are wrong and I am right, just giving you a different point of view. Something to think about.

I dont think games are more complicated. The only thing that is more complicated about games are the fact that they are in 3-d. I cant think of many games since the playstation where I got stuck or I had to retry a specific level or boss over 20 times to beat it. There are games still that I havent beaten on my NES because its just damn hard.

Also, my "smaller" cousins are 16 and 18. But I agree with you that there arent any studies showing us otherwise. And its always good to get another viewpoint :D

KboT
10-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Game shark always stops working for me after some time for some unknown reason...

OC Noob
10-02-2003, 01:45 PM

I dont think games are more complicated. The only thing that is more complicated about games are the fact that they are in 3-d. I cant think of many games since the playstation where I got stuck or I had to retry a specific level or boss over 20 times to beat it. There are games still that I havent beaten on my NES because its just damn hard.

Also, my "smaller" cousins are 16 and 18. But I agree with you that there arent any studies showing us otherwise. And its always good to get another viewpoint :D

Most NES games are hard in an annoying way though, like jump puzzles and things like that. If I never see another jump puzzle in this lifetime it will be too soon:D

I refuse to play Mario Sunshine and almost quit Zelda because they are so uncreative. Come on, why revert back to something that was perfected in 8-bit Mario and hasn't been improved upon since. If I wanted damn jumping puzzle game I'd play freaking Pitfall on the 2600!!! AGHGHGHGHGGHGGHHHH!!!

Sorry about the rant, if you couldn't tell I hate jump puzzles:D

Oh yeah, back on topic...there is a big difference between 16 and even 18 and 30. I'm sure you are much more mature and patient now then you were at those ages (patient being the key word).

Thats about all I have to say and I will finish by saying its nice to talk about stuff with out it turning into a flamefest. Thank you sir:cheers:

l Maximus l
10-03-2003, 02:58 AM
How many Gameshark type devices are on the market? What I am referring to is Gameshark-type things...competitors and stuff.

Shadow20002
10-03-2003, 12:09 PM
i think there are only one of them...Gameshark. :p

AmpedRider
10-03-2003, 11:48 PM
I bought an AR to do a softm*d on my xbox nothing like a little linux

GrimLin/Oddy
10-04-2003, 04:24 PM
gameshark and stuff like it is for ppl that are either bored or too stupid to play a f*cking game lol

btw dont call us kids stupid, i speak 4 languages and i understand latin and greek
(so i hate school now)

non scholae, sed vitae discimus...

Diddy
10-05-2003, 08:15 PM
I keep hearing of People havin Mod Chips on their xboxes when i play SOF2. A guy named JL Honda told me about another guy named BRY DOGG that has a mod chip and how BRY DOGG can see thru walls and stuff. He told me this about 15 minutes before we had a match wiht BRY DOGG's clan.

I kinda believe what JL had to say because BRY DOGG knew every single place I was and when to throw grenades, how long to hold the grenade and where exactly to throw the grenade. And its not like it only happened once, it happened many times.

And then if anyone on my team would sneak up on him from behind with a shotgun, my guys could empty the shottie on him and the first 2 or 3 shots wouldnt hit him.

I dunno whats going on, the shotgun thing happens to many people but how BRY DOGG knew where exactly to shot and throw nades I dont know cuz that doesnt happen to me alot. And if it does it happens only like once a game if at all.

Stormlord
10-06-2003, 05:54 PM
I have heard of people creating "mods" on their boxes that can fool Xbox LIVE. It's pretty *** but it won't be long before Microsoft starts to find these walking terds. All I can say is advise your team or whoever that there's a cheater and leave the game. They can't cheat or play if no one is there right? And if they keep coming set up a game that's locked and only allow those you trust in. :cheers: . Most of all try to befriend a server so you can notify them of the cheats so they can boot them. Also send bad feedback on them. :D :cool:

Diddy
10-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Well we have a Dedicated clan server and 3 other people in the clan that can run 10-12 people with no lag. So its not big deal, but these are clan scrimms/matches. So if we just leave then the opposing team thinks we are punk *****es and start talking ****.

And the feedback really does nothing. I have done it so many people and I keep running into those same people over and over.

Stormlord
10-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Well if it's a clan that is cheating then they're not worth playing with are they? I wouldn't call you a punk if you back out of a game that has cheating. If you want you can continue the battle but I suggest writing their name down and just coming to boards and exposing them. Eventually people will catch on and try to avoid these guys. There's nothing wrong with telling on people that ruin your fun. :D . There was a handful of Counter Strike clans that got busted for cheating, and that was due to the internet. Just expose them as the crummy gamers that they are. A lot of people will thank you for it. You see by coming here and stating about the cheating I now know that I must avoid BRY DOGG and his clan. Keep the names comin'. :cheers:

pepitonet
10-06-2003, 11:53 PM
first of all for the guy who said about the other guy using a mod with live, almost not posible aside microsoft having a 256 bit encryption(almost all banks use 128 bit)it has all this check sums that prevents a modded xbox to log into live now one way to do this if this person had a xbox SDK and somehow reverse engenier the code for sof 2 and then signed it so it runs on xbox wihtout a mod chip this was done for Phantasy star Online on sega dreamcast by barubary(who can forget that name) but i doubt it can be done for microsoft. i other hands someone was pulling your leg

skorp
10-07-2003, 02:19 AM
Not my style!

I like to enjoy the game on my own without that particular cheat. As a matter of fact without any cheat. No matter how long it takes. I wouldnt use this product for my games and is definitely not for an xbox addict. :wink:

l Maximus l
10-07-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by skorp
Not my style!

I like to enjoy the game on my own without that particular cheat. As a matter of fact without any cheat. No matter how long it takes. I wouldnt use this product for my games and is definitely not for an xbox addict. :wink:

If I was given a Gameshark, I might use it if a beat a game without it and wanted to see what else the game has to offer...especially if the game has been sitting on my shelf for several weeks or months. That's about the only time I would consider a Gameshark and I know no one would buy me one anyway....lol

mastermind
10-07-2003, 03:53 AM
what dose this gameshark do exactly?:huh:

Diddy
10-07-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
Well if it's a clan that is cheating then they're not worth playing with are they? I wouldn't call you a punk if you back out of a game that has cheating. If you want you can continue the battle but I suggest writing their name down and just coming to boards and exposing them. Eventually people will catch on and try to avoid these guys. There's nothing wrong with telling on people that ruin your fun. :D . There was a handful of Counter Strike clans that got busted for cheating, and that was due to the internet. Just expose them as the crummy gamers that they are. A lot of people will thank you for it. You see by coming here and stating about the cheating I now know that I must avoid BRY DOGG and his clan. Keep the names comin'. :cheers:

Sorry to get OT again but what if pepitonet is right??? Im just complaining about cheating when there is really no cheating going on. I could swear there is something fishy going on with some people on Live. I can only vouch for stuff that happens on SOF2, but at the same time, SOF2 is really glitchy, and is a very sorry excuse for a game.

Thanks for your help tho, but Ill keep my accusations to myself and wait till better games like RS3 and Counterstrike to come out, then we will see if anyone is cheating.

Stormlord
10-07-2003, 05:36 PM
Maybe he is right. But remember games do have bugs and some people can find and exploit these bugs. Like the exploit in Unreal Championship someone could become number one killer by playing against bots. Of course this was fixed but Wolfenstein also had a bug that was similar. Remember that Xbox LIVE has voice communication and people can report your position to thier team so maybe you killed someone somewhere and they told him where to look or wait.

Maximus is right though. I don't use a cheat until I've beaten the game. I just wish there was a real cheat for Halo so I can get into the wraith mortar tank. Everyone knows that the "brainiacs" have been able to do this. I want to too. :cry: :cheers: