PDA

View Full Version : Perfecting your game collection



adzmullz1
09-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has spent the last year and a half, like me , trying to perfect their game collection ?. I have exchanged MANY games (all in all , i reckon i have owned about 50+ games !). AND NOW, at long last, i believe i have perfected my game collection. Now, i know some won't agree with me seeing as we are all different and we all have different opinions, but here is my proud collection. (i have also included the OXM scores , to prove the perfection!) :

Halo - 9.7
Splinter Cell - 9.0
Star Wars : KOTOR - 9.5
Ghost Recon - 8.8
Wolfenstein : Tides of war - 9.2
MOTO GP2 - 9.4
World Championship Snooker 2003 - 9.3 (OXM UK)
Colin McRae 04 - 9.1 (OXM UK)
FIFA 2004 - 9.5 (OXM UK)
Burnout 2 : Point of Impact - 9.0
Championship Manager 03 / 04 - 9.2 (OXM UK)
The Sims - 7.7

Well, there we have it. Every game (apart from the sims) an ELITE title. In my eyes , probably not yours, a PERFECT collection. All i need to do now is add HALO 2, FABLE and RAINBOW SIX 3 and i've got ONE HELL OF A CAKE.......................

l Maximus l
09-30-2003, 07:21 PM
I actually am doing the same thing. Right now I'm down to:

Halo
Rallisport Challenge
Amped
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Unreal Championship
Brute Force
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Mechassault

I would say that the only games on that list that tarnish my collection are RTCW and Mechassault. All of the other games I really enjoy and somewhat play regularly.

Papke
09-30-2003, 08:19 PM
Wolfenstein is all right, but I can't stand Mechassault. I just think that game is terrible.

I can't wait for Rainbow Six 3 either Adz, I have mine reserved and I mastered the demo.:D

Bakeman
09-30-2003, 08:20 PM
When I got Xbox I thought I was gonna try and keep my collection of all my games I got.

But as time went on I couldn't afford some games that were coming out that I really wanted. And in just about 2 or 3 months I went from having 15 or 16 games down to 4.

Here is my somewhat proud collection LOL

ESPN NFL
Midtown Maddness 3
Splinter Cell
NBA Street Vol.2

Definitly gonna try to add some games soon. But $$ is definitly an issue still. And Midtown and Splinter Cell may be sold, so would NBA street (but a friend of mine helped by it because they wanted it also, but didn't have xbox)

ESPN NBA
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Links 2004
Top Spin
True Crime
LOTR: Return of the King

To name a few.....

Anyways that is a pretty nice collection you got there. Keep it up!

TuffEagle88
09-30-2003, 08:27 PM
I follow the old saying of "Beware the man with only one gun". I only have a few games, but I'm lethal at all of them.:wink: I'd have a bigger collection if I could afford it, but I'm happy at just being good at the ones I have.:cool:

The Jackal
10-01-2003, 12:03 AM
no offence adzmullz1 but i dont think your collection is perfect at all... for it to be perfect i think a collection should include games from each gametype and they should be the best there is... your collection doesnt cover every genre and doesnt have the best games, to me, that the genres you do have, have to offer

Dark Enemy
10-01-2003, 01:08 AM
I have a collection of 26 games with alot of genres. From Halo, TO splinter cell to sport games, to racing, to family, to action. Theres some games id like to get rid of tho

Sound2TheBay
10-01-2003, 01:19 AM
My collection is good enough for me. :p

l Maximus l
10-01-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by The Jackal
no offence adzmullz1 but i dont think your collection is perfect at all... for it to be perfect i think a collection should include games from each gametype and they should be the best there is... your collection doesnt cover every genre and doesnt have the best games, to me, that the genres you do have, have to offer

I think adzmullz1 is using the word "perfect" subjectively...meaning, the games he listed are perfect for him. Anyway, that's how I interpreted it.

But, I disagree that by having a perfect game library has to involve a top game from each genre. As many of you know, I'm not a huge fan of RPGs, though, I do like what they do for the industry...they tend to not be my style of gaming. Therefore, if I had an RPG game, it would likely sit and gather dust and tarnish my game library. Know what I mean?

Of course, to you, the perfect gaming library would include top games from all genres...which is totally cool if you are that diverse of a player. I really respect that, however, I couldn't do it myself. :)

adzmullz1
10-01-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA


I think adzmullz1 is using the word "perfect" subjectively...meaning, the games he listed are perfect for him. Anyway, that's how I interpreted it.

But, I disagree that by having a perfect game library has to involve a top game from each genre. As many of you know, I'm not a huge fan of RPGs, though, I do like what they do for the industry...they tend to not be my style of gaming. Therefore, if I had an RPG game, it would likely sit and gather dust and tarnish my game library. Know what I mean?

Of course, to you, the perfect gaming library would include top games from all genres...which is totally cool if you are that diverse of a player. I really respect that, however, I couldn't do it myself. :)


What he said..................only i like rpgs !:D

adzmullz1
10-01-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Papke

I can't wait for Rainbow Six 3 either Adz, I have mine reserved and I mastered the demo.:D

Your tellin' me papke.......RS3 is gonna be awesome !, much better than Ghost Recon (which is difficult, but do-able). My copy is also reserved and i have also mastered the demo :wink: .

adzmullz1
10-01-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Bakeman

Anyways that is a pretty nice collection you got there. Keep it up!

Somone likes my collection !?:yikes:. I know it is about 50% sports games, thats probably because i like sport !. Anyways, cheers bakeman !. :cheers: :hail:

Shadow20002
10-01-2003, 10:22 AM
My list of games is very diversified just because i won't stuck on one genre.

Buffy
Murakumo
Splinter Cell
Otogi
Nightcaster 2
Shenmue 2
Dead or Alive 3

Hellsing
10-01-2003, 10:23 AM
my collection is far from perfect and its going to stay that way for a long time since i dont have a job:cry:. but once i do ill be buying cheap used games all the time:)

jelgiad
10-01-2003, 10:30 AM
I did the same thing recently as well. I sold about half of my collections of games. Most of them i had either beat and had no intention of ever playing through them again, or didnt even get interested in them enough to beat it once.

My collection is as follows:

Halo: Combat Evolved
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Kung Fu Chaos
Tetris Worlds Online
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Mech Assault
Enter the Matrix (i may be actually selling this one as well)

Games I plan on adding in the future are:

Oddworld: Munch's Odyssee
Soul Calibur 2
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Halo 2
Starcraft Ghost

Bakeman
10-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by adzmullz1


Somone likes my collection !?:yikes:. I know it is about 50% sports games, thats probably because i like sport !. Anyways, cheers bakeman !. :cheers: :hail:

back when I owned a playstation (the orginal) I had nothing but sports games. Like 4 years worth of football and basketball games. And a racing game. It was really retarded lol ...

But sports games is really the only reason I got an Xbox, but there has been a few other games that have been in my collection. Like Splinter Cell, Halo, Mech Assault, Enter the Matrix, LOTR The Two Towers.

adzmullz1
10-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman


back when I owned a playstation (the orginal) I had nothing but sports games. Like 4 years worth of football and basketball games. And a racing game. It was really retarded lol ...

But sports games is really the only reason I got an Xbox, but there has been a few other games that have been in my collection. Like Splinter Cell, Halo, Mech Assault, Enter the Matrix, LOTR The Two Towers.

There is NOTHING wrong with sports games. And, with me owning FIFA, snooker 2k3 and Colin McRae 04 i have possibly the best three sports games availible. The best game i own though is KOTOR, no doubt...........

Bakeman
10-02-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by adzmullz1


There is NOTHING wrong with sports games. And, with me owning FIFA, snooker 2k3 and Colin McRae 04 i have possibly the best three sports games availible. The best game i own though is KOTOR, no doubt...........


If you don't have ESPN NFL Football, then you don't have the best three ... IMO

adzmullz1
10-02-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Bakeman



If you don't have ESPN NFL Football, then you don't have the best three ... IMO

Thats the thing though, we're from different countries. You guys like American Football, Basketball and Baseball. Over here in the U.K , those sports are not big at all. We like snooker / pool, Rallying and football (or soccer, as you guys like to call it). Therefore, i DO believe that i have the best three sports games. :D

Bakeman
10-02-2003, 02:41 PM
Yeah I understand that... that is why I said "IMO"


But Pool is a game, not a sport :) .... IMO :)

Unreal
10-02-2003, 02:55 PM
I am happy with my game collection and each game I have has something special about it, that got the green light for purchase.

DocHoliday78
10-03-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Unreal
I am happy with my game collection and each game I have has something special about it, that got the green light for purchase.
Wow that was deep man:cry: . Seriously though the big 3 is Halo, Kotor, Splinter Cell. Well to me atleast. I am probably forgetting some games but i am pretty damn tired right now and cant think.

adzmullz1
10-03-2003, 06:44 AM
Sorry pal, i dunno what imo means !!??:huh: . Pool is a sport too, it's played by proffesionals and there are tournaments....

SnoochyBoochy
10-03-2003, 08:11 AM
IMO = In my opinion

Chaotic
10-03-2003, 09:03 AM
It's all about qaulity, not quanity.

ESPN football
Splinter Cell
GR
GR:IT
HALO
OTOGI
Soul Caliber II

adzmullz1
10-03-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage
It's all about qaulity, not quanity.

ESPN football
Splinter Cell
GR
GR:IT
HALO
OTOGI
Soul Caliber II

Quality collection buddy. BUT, the whole "it's all about quality, not quantity" thing...i believe my collection has both "quality" and "quality" , which led me to create this thread entitled "perfecting your game collection".

peejay
10-03-2003, 09:58 PM
ESPN Football 2004
Ghost Recon
Halo
Mech Assault Demo
Moto GP Online Demo
NBA Inside Drive 2002
NCAA Football 2K3
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War
Sega NBA 2k3
Sega NFL 2k3
Tetris Worlds Online
Unreal Championship
Whacked Full Version
Whacked Online Demo

That is my collection. The only games that I still play are RTCW and ESPN Football 2004. The only game I plan on buying in the near future is NBA 2K3. I would probably get more games but I don't have a whole lot of time to play because of school. Do you guys think Knights of The Old Republic is worth adding to my collection? What is the online play like?

Bakeman
10-04-2003, 12:16 AM
I don't believe that a person that plays pool is an athlete

That's why I don't consider pool a sport.. because you don't have to be an athlete to play.

adzmullz1
10-04-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Bakeman
I don't believe that a person that plays pool is an athlete

That's why I don't consider pool a sport.. because you don't have to be an athlete to play.

You could say the same about snooker !, i don't consider them to be athletes, but snooker is one of the most serious sports in the world!, and with The World Championships grand prize being $2million , is'nt it considered a sport ?

Bakeman
10-04-2003, 05:41 AM
Hey could you tell me how snooker is played? What is different about it then pool? (Something brief, unless you want to explain in detail)

Anyways, no I still consider it a game. To me (being right or wrong) sports have athletes. There are huge Poker tournaments which I see on ESPN from time to time, and I don't consider Poker to be a sport.

adzmullz1
10-04-2003, 05:51 AM
yikes!, u want me to explain snooker !?. Ok, i'll give it a shot.......Played on a slightly larger table than a pool table, there are 15 RED balls (all worth one point) organised in a tri-angle shape at one end of the table. Behind this triangle is a BLACK ball (worth 7 points) , and infront of this triangle there is a PINK ball (worth 6 points). In the middle of the table there is a BLUE ball (worth 5 points) , and at the back of the table , where you break, there are 3 balls BROWN, (worth 4), GREEN (worth 3) and YELLOW (worth 2).
The simple plan is that you pot a RED, and then ANY COLOUR following your red. When all the reds are down, you pot the COLOURS in reverse order of which i stated them above........

Snooker is VERY popular here in the U.K , maybe the British equivalent of Basketball in the U.S.A ?.

Bakeman
10-04-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by adzmullz1
yikes!, u want me to explain snooker !?. Ok, i'll give it a shot.......Played on a slightly larger table than a pool table, there are 15 RED balls (all worth one point) organised in a tri-angle shape at one end of the table. Behind this triangle is a BLACK ball (worth 7 points) , and infront of this triangle there is a PINK ball (worth 6 points). In the middle of the table there is a BLUE ball (worth 5 points) , and at the back of the table , where you break, there are 3 balls BROWN, (worth 4), GREEN (worth 3) and YELLOW (worth 2).
The simple plan is that you pot a RED, and then ANY COLOUR following your red. When all the reds are down, you pot the COLOURS in reverse order of which i stated them above........

Snooker is VERY popular here in the U.K , maybe the British equivalent of Basketball in the U.S.A ?.


WOW that is alot of balls.... that is crazy. I think the only thing I knew about snooker was the red balls and the larger table. And that would be pretty dang popular.

Unreal
10-05-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage
It's all about qaulity, not quanity.
My term for quality might be different then yours. This is not directed at you. A game I might deem good/great, might not be a game for you. So the whole quality or quantity comment is moot. But that is not the point of this. It is good to see everyone is happy with what they have so far. So all that means is that there is good times for everyone. :D

X-Fan
10-05-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by adzmullz1
yikes!, u want me to explain snooker !?. Ok, i'll give it a shot.......Played on a slightly larger table than a pool table, there are 15 RED balls (all worth one point) organised in a tri-angle shape at one end of the table. Behind this triangle is a BLACK ball (worth 7 points) , and infront of this triangle there is a PINK ball (worth 6 points). In the middle of the table there is a BLUE ball (worth 5 points) , and at the back of the table , where you break, there are 3 balls BROWN, (worth 4), GREEN (worth 3) and YELLOW (worth 2).
The simple plan is that you pot a RED, and then ANY COLOUR following your red. When all the reds are down, you pot the COLOURS in reverse order of which i stated them above........

Snooker is VERY popular here in the U.K , maybe the British equivalent of Basketball in the U.S.A ?.
i love snooker!its so much better than pool.slightly harder to play then pool but thats what make sit fun.my bes break ever was 42.

adzmullz1
10-05-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by X-Fan

i love snooker!its so much better than pool.slightly harder to play then pool but thats what make sit fun.my bes break ever was 42.

42 not bad for an american (no offense, it's just u don't play it as much as us). My highest was 94 :D

adzmullz1
10-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Anyone else got a perfect collection ? (or TRYING to get one ???)

Madhattr
10-06-2003, 06:10 PM
i got..
halo
amped
and midnight club 2 :D
its a pretty sad list but i havent found many games on xbox worth buying yet, midnight club is piles of fun and a well designed game, i noticed few if any people have it. i generally like mechwarrior (mech assault) games but i rented mech assault and almost beat it in one night so i wasnt gonna buy it, i heard from many sources that morrow wind sucked so i steered clear. once you play halo most shooter games seem kinda dull and uninteresting.

mattgame
10-07-2003, 02:39 PM
How's this for perfect? I own Halo(2), RTCW, NFL Fever, Pro Race Driver, Tiger Woods 2004, APEX, Freedom Fighters, Splinter Cell, GRIT, Motogp2, Nightfire, Madden 2004, KOTOR, DOA, Soul Calibur2, WWERAW2, and all the demos that came out in OXM. I have a ball straight gaming. :D

adzmullz1
10-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
How's this for perfect? I own Halo(2), RTCW, NFL Fever, Pro Race Driver, Tiger Woods 2004, APEX, Freedom Fighters, Splinter Cell, GRIT, Motogp2, Nightfire, Madden 2004, KOTOR, DOA, Soul Calibur2, WWERAW2, and all the demos that came out in OXM. I have a ball straight gaming. :D

Quite impressive, not a bad game there, Kudos..:cheers:

mattgame
10-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by adzmullz1


Quite impressive, not a bad game there, Kudos..:cheers:

I thank you. My only problem is I have little time to play them all.;)

Chr0nik
10-07-2003, 05:25 PM
I was unaware that FIFA 2004 was already released?

mattgame
10-08-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Chronik
I was unaware that FIFA 2004 was already released?

:huh:

adzmullz1
10-09-2003, 05:27 AM
FIFA 2004 is out next week , i got my copy last week "off the back of a truck". It is a VAST IMPORVEMENT over last years version , almost a completley new game, just keeping the best bits from last years version. The management mode is ULTRA-COOL. Thats all i can say. Oh , and BUY IT !

mattgame
10-09-2003, 09:33 AM
I think the collection will be even more perfect in the upcoming months. :D

The.Prophet
10-09-2003, 06:46 PM
Maybe this sounds stupid but, I never trade-in any games. I figure it this way. I'll hold onto every game and when the nextBox comes out I'll wait for one of those offers from EB "trade in your xbox with X amount of games and pay only xxx dollars for a new system"

Just my opinion.

adzmullz1
10-16-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by The.Prophet
Maybe this sounds stupid but, I never trade-in any games. I figure it this way. I'll hold onto every game and when the nextBox comes out I'll wait for one of those offers from EB "trade in your xbox with X amount of games and pay only xxx dollars for a new system"

Just my opinion.

'Tis a good theory, but the next xbox is quite a stretch away.....maybe u can trade a few of those un-wanted games in ; Go on , you know you want to.......:cheers:

Jaclyn154
10-16-2003, 04:24 PM
You guys are all right about having Halo at hte top of the list. I've only got a few games to be proud of. I've rented more than bought. I've got Halo ( which is necessary to own if you have a XBOX). I've also got Mechassalt. I can't wait until Halo 2 comes out. It won't be long now. :D

peejay
11-01-2003, 03:21 PM
Crimson Skies
ESPN Football 2004
ESPN NBA 2K4
Ghost Recon
Halo
Mech Assault Demo
Moto GP Online Demo
NBA Inside Drive 2002
NHL Hitz 2003
Rainbow Six 3
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War
Sega NBA 2k3
Sega NCAA 2K3
Sega NFL 2k3
Tetris Worlds Online
Unreal Championship
Whacked Full Version

The ones in red are the ones I just bought today. I think my game collection as of right now is a 10 for 10, perfect, flawless...

I almost got 2 copies of Crimson Skies at Toys R Us today because I didn't see Rainbow Six 3. They had a seperate shelf of games to the far left behind the register. I asked the guy at the register when he thought Rainbow Six 3 would come in and he went and grabbed it off the shelf. I'm so glad I had asked him because if I didn't, I would be trying to trade the second copy for Rainbow Six 3 right now.

George89
11-01-2003, 05:31 PM
I dont just buy the top games. I prefer to buy games that look fun and I am interested in.

peejay
11-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by George89
I dont just buy the top games. I prefer to buy games that look fun and I am interested in.

All the top games look fun and I'm interested in them.

:cheers:

Highlite23
11-02-2003, 12:19 AM
Well, my collection is under my sig. I never really pay alot of attention to what others rate games, and don't really use that as a deciding factor for owning a game, but to each his own.

I look for entertainment value, family value (games I play with my son), and of course the "Sure Things" like Halo and Splinter Cell.

Obviously this is a very "Individual" idea of perfection, so it doesn't surprise me to see a variety of games on everyones lists.

Third Eye
11-02-2003, 02:59 AM
Alot of good collections here heh. I've added two new ones to my collection Rainbow 6, and Morrowind GoTY this week, which I think are great compliments to any collection.
I'd like to add mine here heh,
KoTOR
Rainbow 6
Morrowind GOTY
Simpsons hit and run (bad choice imo)
D&D heroes(Till BG2 steps in)
Ghost recon: Island thunder(never got to try the 1st)
Halo
Shenmue 2
MGS2
NBA Live 2004
--------------------------
It's no where near perfect but I've had fun with almost all of em.

mattgame
11-03-2003, 09:43 AM
I just added RS3 and Topspin to my collection. I am adding GT3 and GT Vice City to the list Wednesday.