PDA

View Full Version : GTA pacage is here!!!!

Treve
10-01-2003, 01:53 PM
WHO-HOOOOO!!! last night i picket up this month's OXM, and they confiremed that not only is GTA III coming to Xbox, but included with it is VICE CITY!!!!!!!!! THERE IS A GOD!!! and you can use the custom soundtrack feature when your in a car, as well as better graphics, lighting, bump mapping, etc. the only thing i would of asked for more would be an online version, or @ least be able to get mods of Live, and get new skins, missions, cars, weapons, etc. but either way... hey, it's something to snack on untill Halo 2 when it gets pushed back again

Bakeman
10-02-2003, 01:57 AM
Yep, Ebgames has it listed on their website

Se7en
10-05-2003, 06:57 AM
Yeah gamestop has it too- offered with free shipping. Do any of you guys know about any good previews of the Xbox version? I'm trying to see what (if any) improvements they've made to the game. I've seen what they've done graphically via screenshots and all, but I'm curious to know about loading times and the like. Thanks for the assist!

EHWfedPres
10-06-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Se7en
I'm trying to see what (if any) improvements they've made to the game.

Several loading times have been significantly shortned, draw distance is lengthened (so you can actually use the sniper rifle from far away), game rememebers where you have left a vehicle or several, dont know the exact number...so if you leave an ambulance somewhere for a while, it will be there until you jack a few more vehicles.

Bakeman
10-06-2003, 02:35 PM
That was one thing annoying about GTA. Stuff just disappearing.

Like a person would walk past you, if you waited just a few seconds then turn around. That person was gone, no where to be found.

And in Vice City, I remember I parked a car outside the hotel and caused a traffic jam. Went inside, and came out, and it was all gone :(

Shadow20002
10-06-2003, 05:47 PM
I think these ones will be fixed for the Xbox version. ;)

Theory Of Games
10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
I am excited about this game too.

try www.ign.com for some news and stuff on it. vids and screenshots.

[WSD]-Sabrewulf
10-21-2003, 04:22 AM
http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto/

check out the media for vice city screenshots

-AVE|\|GER-
10-21-2003, 11:03 AM
sounds cool, im gunna make sure i pick up a copy:)

hey to all xbc forum peeps

ARONO129
10-21-2003, 11:21 AM
I remember playing that game on PS2 and wishing that Xbox would get it. Now we will have it soon.

People here have been largely negative about GTA and GTA VC coming to the XBox. Sort of the "Who cares, it's an old game now. I've played it on my PC and on PS2" type comments.

I think it's a huge victory for the Xbox platform. All we need now is the Resident Evil series.

-AVE|\|GER-
10-21-2003, 11:22 AM
and pro evolotuion series on ps2

StudioAlex
10-21-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129

People here have been largely negative about GTA and GTA VC coming to the XBox. Sort of the "Who cares, it's an old game now. I've played it on my PC and on PS2" type comments.

I think it's a huge victory for the Xbox platform. All we need now is the Resident Evil series.

My initial reaction was very much a yawn, but the fact that the two will come together makes it very appetizing. I loaded up GTA III the other day and it really is a fun game. I will probably buy the combo pack for Xbox.

I don't know how much of a victory it is for Xbox, but hopefully I'll be proven wrong and it will sell another million copies. I think the real victory is coming with the left jab of Fable and Halo 2 uppercut next year.

Conchord
10-25-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Treve
and you can use the custom soundtrack feature when your in a car, as well as better graphics, lighting, bump mapping, etc. the only thing i would of asked for more would be an online version, or @ least be able to get mods of Live, and get new skins, missions, cars, weapons, etc. but either way...

Its called PC. xbox, try as it may, will never realize its potential with LIVE!, and will do nothing with it except make an internet browser, which people, anyone who has a broadband connection, already has.

EHWfedPres
10-25-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman
That was one thing annoying about GTA. Stuff just disappearing.

Like a person would walk past you, if you waited just a few seconds then turn around. That person was gone, no where to be found.

And in Vice City, I remember I parked a car outside the hotel and caused a traffic jam. Went inside, and came out, and it was all gone :(

Oh yeah, traffic jams are fun...especially with a rocket launcher :cheers:

TuffEagle88
10-25-2003, 11:21 PM
and then the ambulances come and you can kill all of the paramedics and then steal the ambulance. :D

Conchord
10-26-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88
and then the ambulances come and you can kill all of the paramedics and then steal the ambulance. :D

Or blow up the ambulance and watch the paramedics run around in circles...

Holt88
10-27-2003, 04:50 PM
Comes out the 4th of November!!

Bakeman
10-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Holt88
Comes out the 4th of November!!

technically it's the ship date...

so in stores 5th or 6th

TuffEagle88
10-29-2003, 03:36 PM
I went over to my friend's yesterday and played it on ps2, man it gets crazy with the riots cheat, I can't imagine if we gave then weapons too. They better make the codes easy to enter for the 'Box.

Bakeman
10-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88
I went over to my friend's yesterday and played it on ps2, man it gets crazy with the riots cheat, I can't imagine if we gave then weapons too. They better make the codes easy to enter for the 'Box.

was it released already on PS2?

Or was it a demo?

TuffEagle88
10-29-2003, 09:02 PM

Or was it a demo?

I thought that it was released some time this month for ps2, but I'm prob. wrong. Sorry I was unclear, it was the original GTA VC game that we were playing.

StudioAlex
10-30-2003, 08:24 AM

Or was it a demo?

It's out for PS2 and it's $30 at Best Buy. I doubt we'll get a sale on ours.

MeDjai-XBC
11-06-2003, 04:06 PM
kool

Conchord
11-06-2003, 07:47 PM
I have to say, this game is looking good for xbox. Just got back from Best Buy, and its freakin awesome. Custom soundtracks are back, people, dont fret! The graphics are pretty damn good, but I still say PC is #1 on this game. Hopefully GTA 4: Sin City (Vegas, baby!) will come out for xbox right off the bat...

TuffEagle88
11-06-2003, 08:19 PM
that would be nice if it did. I think that it sucks that it is 50 for us but only 30 for ps2, but then again they did fix up the graphics and add custom soundtracks for us, so I guess it evens out, but I don't think that they should have waited so long, I mean didn't it come out almost a year ago??

Anyone know when GTA:4 is gonna come out? Don't care for what system, just interested in knowing when I'll be seeing it.

George89
11-07-2003, 09:08 PM
:hail: I cant wait to get this game! It looks awsome!