PDA

View Full Version : HALO 2 Christmas 2003 Possible Release Date!!!

Leviathon
10-01-2003, 02:11 PM
OK, before I get flamed let me defend myself first. I haven't seen this talked about yet so this is one reason why I am posting this here.

Last night I was talking to my friend and he said that he was talking to some friends that work at a game store that for some reason did not ring a bell to me. It wasn't EB Games or Gamestop, it was some other place.

Anyways, he goes in there all the time and they were talking to him about the Halo Release Date. The people at the store said that they have some type of inside information that Halo 2 is going to have a "Surprise Release Date". And the people at the store said that it might be scheduled for Christmas Day. But they said that it could release anytime in November and December with no prior warning.

Now this really goes against everything that Bungie and Microsoft have been stating. Also, it would really not make much sense to have it come out Christmas Day IMO. Who want's to go shopping on Christmas Day, I know I don't.

I was curious, has anyone heard this yet?

I really don't think that it is going to happen. Would be nice to see it pre-Christmas though.

Voodoo_Vince
10-01-2003, 02:27 PM
I too have had a sneaky suspicon of a early date, due to XBL subscription services bieng due in november , but I won't be suprised if it's still spring 2004 , and ANY person that works at a Retail gamestore is a Retard fanboy IMO , or IME (in my experiance)

Leviathon
10-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince
I too have had a sneaky suspicon of a early date, due to XBL subscription services bieng due in november , but I won't be suprised if it's still spring 2004 , and ANY person that works at a Retail gamestore is a Retard fanboy IMO , or IME (in my experiance)

I'm thinking along the same lines as you. I could see bungie jumping the gun and releasing this earlier than they are telling everyone. It's like the old Customer Service type deal, "Under promise and Over deliver". Think about how they would appear to everyone for getting H2 out ahead of the game and what impact this would have on the holiday season. M$ and Bungie could be sand bagging, letting Sony and Nintendo think that there biggest fear isn't coming out until spring of '04 then bam. Late October they announce a release date for Nov, 1st. They instantly become the Holiday Hero of '03. Then they would have Sony and Nin. grabbing for their brown pants.

Nice to think about, but probably won't happen.

:(

Papke
10-01-2003, 03:08 PM
I've had my copy reserved for quite some time now. In the event of an early release:watchout: , I won't have to struggle through 'the search' as I like to call it.

:D

DocHoliday78
10-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Nah i think that is just getting your hopes up, If its 100% done then i would love for them to release it early but they better not put it out before its done being perfected. That would be the worst thing Bungie could do.

wweomaniac
10-01-2003, 06:14 PM
not a chance.

if they always had the intention of releasing it in december, then why would they have moved it back, and risk people not hearing about the surprise if one was to be announced?

and if it was moved back so many months, how is it at all possible to speed things up by as many as 5 months?

it all doesn't make sense, and is just useless rumors that people spread around.

AlBoogy
10-01-2003, 06:27 PM
I heard from my friends aunts brothers boss and he says the same thing! Seriously though, do you believe in santa claus?

Ugunnalose
10-01-2003, 08:41 PM
if it comes out early that will be cool if it doesnt it doesnt

rambo128
10-01-2003, 09:39 PM
Peter Parsons (or something like that) whose an employee of Bungie, said in a recent interview (recent as in like 2 says ago) thats the game is 90% done. Makes ya think doesnt it...

IlliniFan86
10-01-2003, 10:15 PM
doubt it, i worked at a gamestop this summer and most of those guys know sh*t

El Latino Mafioso
10-01-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by IlliniFan86
doubt it, i worked at a gamestop this summer and most of those guys know sh*t

thats is so true buncha losers, dont even know where they are standing.....l8er

OC Noob
10-01-2003, 11:58 PM
If I believed everything the pimple faced kid at my EB said I'd have Xbox 2, Halo 2, Duke Nukem Forever, etc.. already.

And whats up with the Xmas day release. HELLO McFly!!! Nothing is open on xmas day!

To answer your question, those guys were FOS.

l Maximus l
10-02-2003, 01:25 AM
As much as I would love for Halo 2 to come out sooner, Halo 2 will make just as much money in sales as it would in April. I don't think it will happen... Dudes...I'll be surprised if it comes out in April!

Either way, this is BY FAR my most anticipated game...but, until I hear info from the proverbial "horse's mouth", it's all still heresay.

Shadow20002
10-02-2003, 10:56 AM
Another rumor again about Halo 2 !! :p

JR Alberda
10-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Anyone else getting sick and tired of Cortanas voice kicking in. I mean in HALO it was every now and then communications with MC. But for some reason in the videos Cortana is talking to the Marine around etc. That to me is just stupid, I dont see a little drivethrough speaker mounted anywhere on the MC.

Just my beef, I think shes getting annoying.

SplitboXer-XBC
10-02-2003, 01:48 PM
You can't rush perfection :watchout:

IlliniFan86
10-02-2003, 02:46 PM
yeah like I said earlier, don't believe anything a worker at gamestop/eb/wherever says. one guy i worked with at gamestop claimed his uncle was bungies president and said he already had halo 2, those dudes are dumb f*cks and i didn't work at that job too long cuz I couldn't stand being around morons all day

Xbox Owner
10-02-2003, 05:56 PM
Though it could be true, I highly doubt that Bungie would tell stores if they wanted it to be secret.

Shadow20002
10-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
Though it could be true, I highly doubt that Bungie would tell stores if they wanted it to be secret.

Maybe.. just wait until Christmas to see what happen then !!

l Maximus l
10-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002

Maybe.. just wait until Christmas to see what happen then !!

lol, exactly...that's the true test. If the dude is right (which would be sweet but also a handful of "wishful thinking"), then, I would like to get the number to that store and give the dude some props.

Geez...if the guy is wrong, I would like to mail him a bag of my own dung :D

Typhoon Merc
10-03-2003, 02:29 PM
This sh*t has been making me mad.....first i heard that they were shipping it out next April.....then i heard that it was comin out in November.....then April.....then Christmas.

Is it me or are they pullin r chain? :huh:

They would make a killin if they had it out by Christmas.

l Maximus l
10-03-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Typhoon Merc

They would make a killin if they had it out by Christmas.

Dude...you have to admit, they are going to make a killin' no matter when they release it. I believe that is how they are feeling and they want to make sure that Halo 2 is everything they wanted the original Halo to be.

Have you heard about or seen the new Halo PC? That is what Bungie wanted to do with Halo for XBox but ran into time constraints. Halo 2 is going to be everything and more what they wanted Halo for the XBox to be...I can't wait! April is likely going to be the month for Halo...that's the most accurate I've seen so far and seems to hold the most likeliness at the moment, in my opinion.

Typhoon Merc
10-03-2003, 02:36 PM
No i do agree with u Maximus-XBA....

Just thought it sounded good :D

Dr_J
10-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Million bucks says it's going to get pushed to the holiday season of 2004.

And if it gets released before then, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

l Maximus l
10-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Dr_J
Million bucks says it's going to get pushed to the holiday season of 2004.

And if it gets released before then, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Honestly, I would strongly doubt that, but, that would suck! In a recent interview, Bungie stated that Halo 2 is about 90% finished...but, then again, they also said that the last 10% is the most challenging.

No Fear 23
10-03-2003, 06:28 PM
wow, max, if bungie really said that halo 2 is 90% finished, then theres a chance for it to come out this holidays. but i doubt it will come out in april. it'll most likely be out between feb-march, just before spring. well thats what i feel. Halo 2 would probably be the best game of the year(04) with a close race against half-life 2 and doom 3

DIGITAL
10-04-2003, 02:08 AM
i rember seeing the date for the game as april 1 ,which is april fools day so maybe it just a inside joke at bungie an there gonna have the game out by xmas rember bungie likes playing pranks rember sea pimps ,heres a link listing the game for april fools day http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/231432.asp

AC/DC Halo Man
10-04-2003, 10:54 AM
Guys hate to break ya, but its practically official that is coming out in april of 2004. That'll be a better release date any how because people will have enough money by then to acctually buy it because they wasted themselves on xmas. Oh and its true, nothing IS OPEN ON XMAS DAY!! so when it comes out in april that'll be good, cuz right now i've got my eye on a game coming out and i need all the money i can get!