PDA

View Full Version : Freedome Fighters good but

KillerJ
10-02-2003, 08:27 PM
No LIVE. But also, no co-op! I cant believe theres no co-op. Theres "deathmatch" so to speak, for head-to-head but no co-op.

This game with LIVE may have been a much bigger game. But without a simple co-op mode I just can't give this game more than a 7.5 outta ten. Its about as fun, if not a little more fun than Blood Rayne. Arcadie action but fun arcadie action. The graphics are pretty darn good. Controls take a little getting used to but once you do they're butter.

4 difficulty settings so the whole family can play it if need be. After playing it for a few hours I can tell you that I'll be playing it again. So there is some reply value here as well.

DocHoliday78
10-03-2003, 12:33 AM
You could say almost any game with live compatability would be better. Except for kabuki warriors. That game just sucked balls.

Kraft
10-03-2003, 03:59 AM
Freedom Fighters = OLD! God, this game was around for the playstation and PC... but never got any of the credit it deserved. Glad to see they revamped and re-released it so people have a second chance to see how cool of a game it actually is.

RudedogX
10-03-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Nick-XBA
Freedom Fighters = OLD! God, this game was around for the playstation and PC... but never got any of the credit it deserved. Glad to see they revamped and re-released it so people have a second chance to see how cool of a game it actually is.
Yeah, the game is reminding me somewhat of a watered down kingpin.:confused:

KillerJ
10-03-2003, 02:40 PM
Heh. I don't care if it was made in the stone age, its damn fun.

Splinter-Seal
10-04-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by KillerJ
Heh. I don't care if it was made in the stone age, its damn fun.

Agreed. However, I see what was mean't by this statement initially. Anyways. Freedom Fighters is one of the most addictive games I have played this side of Halo. I am absolutely loving it so far. The graphics are alright, the sounds are great, your team's AI is good, damn fine gameplay, a story that is set right here in the states rather than on some "planet", and pretty cool weapons.

I like this one alot better than Conflict Desert Storm -with Part II right around the corner it should have some stiff competition though. I also like it quite a bit better than Brute Force in terms of setting, sounds, and story. It's not near as gorgeous as Brute Force, but I'm having more fun with it.

All in all I think it's a great game. Definitely a must own for fans of squad based 3rd person shooters. However, it's lack of M-Player, LIVE, and all is going to trounce the hell out of it's popularity -just like Mace Griffin. Oh well.

Duke
10-04-2003, 10:53 AM
Seemed like an ok game, though not one I would pick up.

The camera made me angry. Maybe it's just about getting used to it, but since I'm not a fan of 3rd person shooters anyway, I doubt I'll take the time.

l Maximus l
10-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Yeah...I plan on leaving the game on the retailer shelf. It just doesn't interest me very much. I agree with Duke...I'm not a huge fan of 3rd person shooters either.

KillerJ
10-05-2003, 04:31 PM
You guys are crazy. This is a fun, arcade experience that should be missed by no one. At least rent it if you see it. It isnt too long a game, you should be able to beat it in 5 days.

Papke
10-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

Yeah, the game is reminding me somewhat of a watered down kingpin.:confused:

Dear God!! I forgot all about Kingpin. I had fun playing that game, but when I went back and played the demo a while ago, I couldn't believe how stupid it was. The characters jiggle around like jello and the voices are all hilarious.

I need to play that again!
:rofl:

WynnFire
10-06-2003, 02:02 AM
It's not live enabled because it's made by Electronic Arts! And you know how they are about Live.

mattgame
10-11-2003, 01:31 PM
FF has got me hooked simply because I want to kill terrorists *******s even if they are Russians. I love the gameplay I wish I could carry more heavy stuff but maybe that's later. And the best part is when you raise old glory to signify your conquest.;)

IlliniFan86
10-11-2003, 02:57 PM
I was thinkin about gettin this but I don't know now, I will probably have to rent it and see wut I think.