PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Purchase Shenmue 2?

NO-KIDS-STUFF
12-21-2001, 08:14 PM
I can mos definetly say that I will grab me a copy of this game.

On'a side note, I wonder how many discs will come with it, the 1st one coming with 4. 1!

monkeyman
12-21-2001, 08:23 PM
I KNOW I AM!!!!!! SHENMUE WAS THE GREATEST GAME FOR DREAMCAST AND IT WILL BE GOOD FOR X-BOX

and about the disks how are they gonna do 4 disks for it? i mean look at the x-box containers there not like dreamcasts

StudioAlex
12-22-2001, 02:35 PM
I'm very excited but I do wish they will provide a way for me to use my old progress data from the first game like you are supposed to.

Ninja Scroll
12-23-2001, 08:00 PM
Well I know that I will be first in stores the day this game ships on Xbox.
I still intend to import the Dreamcast version from Europe. ebgames.com did have a promotion where they were selling the european DC version w/ a converter for $59.99 but I dont see it on the website anymore?!
I thought the first Shenmue on DC was a classic except for the boring 3rd disc when you had to do that week long stock job.
As far as the 4 disc's go, .... well the Xbox DVD disc can handle much more memory than the DC's GD-Rom disc's.
So I honestly do expect the sequel to be no more than 2 disc if even that! i do expect a passport disc though.
Anyways, I would recommend any doubters to give Shenmue 2 a shot next fall.

linkycat
12-23-2001, 08:20 PM
I gotta tell ya, I wasn't a huge fan of Shenmue for Dreamcast.

I am a HUGE dreamcast fan first off. I own currently 64 games, one of which is Shenmue, and I still buy games. I'll never sell the system like I did my N64 and PS1, I'm too in love with it.

Anyway, I just couldn't get into the gameplay of it. I really liked the story, and the graphics where downright gorgeous at points, but it held me back somehow. I played down to the end of the game, and ended with a, "So, that happened." sort of attitude.

Will I purchase Shenmue II for the box? You bet I will. Why? Who knows, maybe I'm just a freak, or maybe all those fans can't be wrong.

My guess is it will be a wonderful game, on a wonderful system, with some darn-right wonderful designers. So, to answer your question,

I'll purchase Shenmue 2.

Ninja Scroll
12-24-2001, 11:43 PM
anyone with a brain had better buy this sequel to Yu Suzuki's original masterpiece!

StudioAlex
12-25-2001, 08:17 PM
About that passport disc, anyone else wish they would have included a mini fighting game where you could control the prominent fighters from the story and go head to head with your friends? I hope they include that in the next game because I really like Shenmue's fighting system.

Krishna
12-26-2001, 06:44 PM
Yes, of course I will. Shenmue was what I had been waiting for and it came. I can't say the story was awesome, but I will say the graphics are and Lan Di is the second best video game villian in my view. [Sephiroth is number one of course] When it hits selves I'll finally have a small darn job on the side. [new Pc]

** Did you guys miss me? [probably not] **

dronezero
12-28-2001, 03:31 PM
Of course I will. The fist was one of my favorite games.

Markus_Kalarkus
01-04-2002, 10:11 PM
not me!

Markus_Kalarkus
01-04-2002, 10:12 PM
theres way better games to buy

Ninja Scroll
01-04-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus
not me!

WHAT YOU SAY?!?

Ninja Scroll
01-04-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus
theres way better games to buy

Yo, what in da roody pooo world are you smokin Markus?!
What could possibly be more worth your $50.00 this fall than Shenmue II ?

VideoGameSage
01-15-2002, 01:59 PM
I will be first in line to pick up Shenmue 2. After playing it on dreamcast the xbox version should be much better and I am looking forward to seeing how the story continues.

xboxgamer142
01-23-2002, 12:05 PM
I read the thread that you posted about Shenmue II. I myself will definitly get Shenmue II. The first Shenmue, for DC, is really awesome. I decided to get Shenmue II for Xbox, rather than for DC, since for Xbox it's probably going to have a lot better sound and graphics. I think Shenmue II for Xbox will have 1 disc, rather than Shenmue II for DC that had 4 discs. The reason is:

DC discs: each 1 GB of memory (4 discs is only 4 GB of memory, about half the memory of an Xbox disc)
Xbox discs: each 8,5 GB of memory

Cool thread!

xboxgamer142

P.S. Read my coment on Shenmue II at Xboxaddict.com (you can find it under 'Find Games)

monkeyman
01-23-2002, 06:55 PM
is it coming in the 2002 fall or right now like in a couple of weeks or so

Azazel
01-25-2002, 03:07 PM
Im definetly gonna have to pass on Shenmue as well. Didnt seem all that fun?

Stellar_X
02-02-2002, 12:48 PM
im pretty sure i will pick it up. I was crazy about shenmue when it first came out on DC. And with the xbox's graphics capability.....
Think about all the possibilities