PDA

View Full Version : Rare Talks Xbox

Shadow20002
10-03-2003, 01:35 PM
So can you tell us what's going on with Perfect dark Zero?

Lobb: It's in development but there's not much more we can say about it at this point. It's just not the right time to talk about it at the moment, obviously there will be a point when we want to talk about it and I guarantee you guys will be excited about it when we do, but right now it's just too early.

Rare's worked with Microsoft now for a year - how is that relationship working out?

Lobb: Things aren't that different with Rare and Microsoft then they were with Rare and Nintendo. At Nintendo we gave Rare pretty much free rein - do what you want, make the games that you want, how you want to make them. We were involved in some of the design, I had some input in Killer Instinct and GoldenEye, but mostly Rare did what it wanted, and that's not really changed.

We've been helping the developer more; we have a significantly larger and more capable technical staff than Nintendo did, so we're helping Rare get up to speed on the hardware, and we also have focus testing facilities; when I was at Nintendo we did testing where you just gave the game to people who'd never touched the game before and have them log how they did, how long it took to play through a level, etc...

Source@ (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=97087)

l Maximus l
10-03-2003, 02:10 PM
It's nice to see that they are working on Pefect Dark...the XBox version should be the best version to date :)

Typhoon Merc
10-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Ya perfect dark for 64 was good.......i personally had more fun playing that with friends then i did when we played Bond.

But a Xbox game of it would b tight.

DocHoliday78
10-03-2003, 10:21 PM
I want Killer Instinct. Anybody else love that series as much as i did?

slickbmw
10-03-2003, 10:24 PM
oh i cant wait for Perfect DArk I pulled out the 64 the other day and played Goldeneye but I mut say Perfect Dark is better (bots)

Variation-XBA
10-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Bah, got me all excited about KI talk... sigh... MAKE KILLER INSTINCT NOW!!! :D:D:D:D

l Maximus l
10-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
I want Killer Instinct. Anybody else love that series as much as i did?

Oh yeah, dude...Killer Instinct was sweet!

Shadow20002
10-04-2003, 01:43 PM
A Killer Instinct with a new graphic engine and new characters hehe.. my wish.

AlphaCigara
10-05-2003, 06:39 PM
not killer instinct. there should be an xbox only mortal kombat.

codePhoenix
10-06-2003, 04:48 AM
Mortal Kombat sucks... I wouldn't ever play another one again.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies is coming out this month, isn't it?

pepitonet
10-06-2003, 10:59 PM
as of now the only thing i would buy from rareware is a killer instinct sequel i careless about PDZ or crappy kameo never liked platformers anyway