PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Filling Genre Gaps

Shadow20002
10-03-2003, 01:36 PM
If there's one area in which Xbox needed a bit of a boost, it's the platformer genre.

Platformers, so named for the platform-to-platform jumping action that is the basis of game play, make up one of the widest segments of video gaming. Mario, Sonic and Crash Bandicoot are all platformer veterans.

But with the exception of last year's Blinx, the time-warping cat, there haven't been too many good platformers for the Xbox.

Voodoo Vince, released this week, weaves a little magic into the genre and teaches even us old gamers a few new tricks.

Vince is a voodoo doll that springs to life when Kosmo the Inscrutable's thugs kidnap Madam Charmaine, Vince's owner. The thugs accidentally sprinkle zombie dust onto Vince, who then takes off to find his Madam Charmaine.

Source@ (http://www.tribnet.com/entertainment/story/4069435p-4087955c.html)

l Maximus l
10-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Voodoo Vince has to be one of the most solid Platformers I have ever played. Best platformer since Mario 64, in my opinion :)

Wolfboy_888
10-03-2003, 03:25 PM
wouldnt master cheif be our platformer ? or have i just been harshly denied valuable info on what exactly a platformer is..

Kortiz
10-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Think Mario, Blinx, Vexx, JJ and Baxter or whatever that ps2 game is.............think luigi's mansion.........think those types of games when you think platform.

Halo is a FPS.

mdooz
10-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Master Chief is the Xbox's sort of mascot because pretty much anyone that play's current games knows that Halo is arguably the best Xbox game.
Xbox does need help in the platforming department.
I think Ps2 has done the best job for platformer games. It has Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper and Ape Escape 2 which are all fun games and I know they're fun because I've owned all of them except sly cooper which I have a demo of.
GC atleast has Mario, but Xbox really doesn't have any until now.