PDA

View Full Version : Question about strategy guides

EHWfedPres
10-04-2003, 08:19 PM
Since the GTA3/Vice City double pack is coming in early november, any word on wether or not there will be new strategy guides released? (lets face it, nobody likes looking endlessly for one little insignificant item like a hidden package.)

BlazinKhan
10-04-2003, 10:29 PM
Strategy guides = waste of money... There good and all, but you can get the same thing (not as much detail) on online sites such as gamefaqs.

l Maximus l
10-05-2003, 01:10 AM
I agree with Blazin...If I am completely stuck on something in a game and I have tried everything that I can think of, I usually turn to the internet instead of paying $14.95 for a colorful magazine that I will never open again.

But, to answer the question, I would imagine that there would be some strategy guides made...that is going to be a huge game bundle for November into the Holidays :)

Variation-XBA
10-05-2003, 01:20 AM
I can almosr guarantee brady or whatever brands out there will capitalize on it and make a bundle hintbook as well

EHWfedPres
10-05-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I agree with Blazin...If I am completely stuck on something in a game and I have tried everything that I can think of, I usually turn to the internet instead of paying $14.95 for a colorful magazine that I will never open again.

But, to answer the question, I would imagine that there would be some strategy guides made...that is going to be a huge game bundle for November into the Holidays :)

Try playing morrowind without a strategy guide and you will shut off your xbox in frustration within minutes. but its my money and ill waste it if I want to...and if you buy the guide and the game together, you get a discount. Besides, its more handy to have a little book next to you instead of searching on the internet. Some people may think that strategy guides can be a waste of money, but those people probably also think that linking park is a talented band :huh:

Cryogenic Pyro
10-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Try playing morrowind without a strategy guide and you will shut off your xbox in frustration within minutes. but its my money and ill waste it if I want to...and if you buy the guide and the game together, you get a discount. Besides, its more handy to have a little book next to you instead of searching on the internet. Some people may think that strategy guides can be a waste of money, but those people probably also think that linking park is a talented band :huh:

Well, I think strategy guides are a waste of money, but I don't know if I think Linkin Park is talented. I listen to them, but I wouldn't know unless I saw them live.

XIX_XboX
10-05-2003, 08:00 PM
Yah, Like that guy said, "its just a waste of money" I know plenty of places on the internet you can just print them. They might not be as detailed but just as good :D

l Maximus l
10-06-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by XIX_XboX
Yah, Like that guy said, "its just a waste of money" I know plenty of places on the internet you can just print them. They might not be as detailed but just as good :D

Probably more detailed on the net...but, likely not as colorful :o