PDA

View Full Version : Xbox - $210!

Hugh_Jass
12-21-2001, 09:34 PM
I found this post on the Home Theater Forum. You can get 30% off all XBOX gear and games.

Today I picked up a X-Box console, an extra controller, a memory card and two games of my choice at a Virgin Mega store in LA for a grand total of $354.90 using my AMEX Blue card.

Now with Amex Blue, anything in a Virgin Megastore is 30% off (even off of store sale prices so even sale DVDs and CDs work as well). Virgin was selling the X-Box in one of their bundles as I mentioned above which after taxes came to $507. Subtract the 30% discount from that total
( -$154.10) and I walked home with one hell of a deal.

I am so excited. This is my first game system since Atari believe it or not and I was on the fence about it till I found out I could use AMEX Blue for this discount at Virgin. I couldn't pass it up. I am setting it up this evening.

I believe the deal with Virgin and AMEX Blue is only till Dec. 26 so hurry.

LynxFX
12-21-2001, 10:42 PM
Yeah I saw that too. Makes me wish I had an Amex blue card. :(

alien_69
12-22-2001, 11:57 PM
thanks for that tip.

i'm an AMEX Blue cardholder, and it's annoying they didn't send out a mailer about this since it's been going on (30% off) since November.

As soon as i saw your post today, i went downtown to Virgin and the XBox games were WIPED out. they have almost no XBox games left... they had 2 copies of THPS2x, 3 copies of Fever, about 5 Simpsons, and 1 Dave Mira.

they were well stocked on GC and PS2 games.

I would have bought all my games there for the past month if Amex would have sent a mailer. 30% is as good as buy 2 get 1 free man!!! I was able to buy XBox accessories and other music/movie junk tho, so i did get in on the 30% off on some stuff.