PDA

View Full Version : Bethesda Bad?

thrAsher
10-05-2003, 11:24 AM
From Mike Fridley of Bethesda Softworks QA:

We have had a few reports from users who experience a dirty disc message even though their disc and Xbox seem to be working properly. We’re doing our best to investigate this problem, but as it is so rare, we have not been able to isolate it. If we do find a cause and solution for you, we’ll let you know immediately. Some users say that wiping their cache solves this problem.
This is from the Bethesda Morrowind forums. The thread at one time was out in the open, for all to see. Now, searching through there boards, it took me almost an hour to find this tidbit of info, tucked away in a deep, dark, cobweb-ridden thread. And you know what, it really grinds my gonads. For this Mike Fridley to say 'it is so rare' makes me want to find him and feed him a size twelve combat boot to both ends of his scrawny, hunched over, evil-evil-evil body. Any Xboxer who has played this great game has had the errors. The DDE's got so bad on my game that I quit, just as I was really getting powerful and enjoying the game immensely.

I have searched numerous boards, reviews, and such for any mention of patches and/or fixes to the terrible Dirty Disc Error problem w/ the Xbox version being implemented in the GOTY edition. While I've found many fellow Xboxers crying out for some kind of word from the beyotches at Bethesda, not a single confirmation or denial has been made.

So, with the GOTY edition coming out shortly, do you think the folks at Bethesda are evil bastages for not addressing this common (read: NOT rare) glitch us Xbox users have had to contend with? And moreso, will you wait to buy the game to see what people are saying, or will you just throw your money at the soul-sucking homunculi because you just 'dern loved that there game'?

I myself am waiting, with bated breath, and a glass battle axe ready to crack some heads if this version chokes in the clutch like the first one did.

Arven
10-05-2003, 01:25 PM
I am going to throw more money at the soul-sucking humunculi (?). I had two or three DDEs with Morrowind, which I could easily overlook because I enjoyed the game so much (I still would rank it as my favorite Xbox game). I have a new Xbox and it ought to perform better than my old one, too.

So yeah, I'll be putting my money down on this title as soon as I can. $30 is a steal.

rpgreligion
10-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Well, yes I did get some dirty disc errors with the original, and it was very frustrating. But it seemed like the more I played the game the less DDE's I got.

And since GOTY is only supposed to be $30 I will defiantly be picking it up as soon as I get the spare cash.

Even with the bugs, morrowind remains my favorite game for Xbox.

Cryogenic Pyro
10-05-2003, 06:25 PM
I couldn't care less about this title. I didn't like Morrowind, so I won't like this.

armyof_one/ltd
10-05-2003, 08:41 PM
I don´t know.

Maybe, if you didn´t have to start over, I would buy it.

Arven
10-05-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by armyof_one/ltd
I don´t know.

Maybe, if you didn´t have to start over, I would buy it.

You know that you don't have to start over, if you have an old Morrowind save, right?

Shadow20002
10-06-2003, 10:41 AM
Mmm.. i'm a little bit on the way to burn out my anger on Bethesda when i have my Morrowind on Xbox, keep getting the DDE after like 15 minutes to 30 minutes. So very annoying that i have sell out my Morrowind for 30 $CAN. I like it but a game that launch on a console must be playable with no bugs like this. First, i gonna get a confirmation on who gonna buy it (GOTY Edition) if this one is really fixed then i will reconsider to buy it in the future.

CarGuy
10-06-2003, 04:58 PM
DDE's are rare for me.. $30 is a hell of a deal.. i cant wait

Se7en
10-07-2003, 06:02 AM
I've never had a DDE with this game, I think it's because I didn't get far enough into it tho. Either way, I'll prolly wait a bit and see what everyone else has to say about it. Generally I like the reviews at ign and gs, but it seems like they didn't really document the problems with freezing etc.

And even so there's the ability to use the old character, I think I'll probably play this one with a clean slate. Fun stuuf, can't wait.

Hellsing
10-07-2003, 10:46 AM
I have only exprienced one glitch in morrowind when it froze during a battle against 5 ordinaters with my lvl 50 thief warrior
other than that i have had no problems with the game and will definitley be picking up GOTY when i get some cash

Duke
10-07-2003, 12:23 PM
I had the DDE problem, and I hope they fix it. As far as it being rare, it wasn't.

To me though, it is a good enough of a game that I will be picking up GOTY. Never thought I would touch it again, but I've missed it since the day I traded it away.

RudedogX
10-07-2003, 12:43 PM
The GOTY edition, I may get. I'm not sure, it just depends on when it comes out, and how much. I've got too many games coming out that I think are better.

pepitonet
10-17-2003, 06:02 PM
i am 50+ hours and haven't got any DDE's yet tho the game froze on me like 3 times but thats all i have got until now btw i have the platinum edition

George89
10-31-2003, 08:50 PM
If they fix the few graphics glitches, the collision detection, and some other minor problems, then I might pick this one up if it gets a price drop:)