PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 2004 Dynasty

Slowride
10-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Finished my 3rd season in my first dynasty a couple days ago with Auburn. Beat Miami in the Rose bowl for the National championship on the all-american level. I was undefeated that season and had only lost 1 game in the last 2 seasons. For the fourth season I put the difficulty on heisman and holy crap south florida whoops my ass 23-0. First time I played heisman and I was in for much frustration. I'm sure it'll just take a little getting used to.....

Out of curiosity do yall go through the entire recruiting process manually? I've always simulate the whole thing cuz it's so boring. Except for when I talk players into staying.

I figure with 6 star prestige and reigning national champions the computer should give me a good recruiting class.

Where are you in dynasty mode? Favourite teams? strategies? I was reading a thread on another board and a guy said that he put his fastest WR in for his QB to see if it would help the option. He said he dominated and broke all OU rushing records......Not something i'd do since i don't like cheap Blitz style play but twas interesting atleast.

Ugunnalose
10-05-2003, 09:54 PM
when i did this i always did recruiting manually its fun trying to get certain recruits and stuff

Slowride
10-09-2003, 04:05 PM
bump....

anyone here successful on the heisman mode?

treyz3
10-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Haven't played on Heisman at all, I stick to AA with sliders favoring the CPU. In the midst of my first dynasty with Ohio State and a created 2* team.

Warchant
10-20-2003, 10:35 AM
i just finished my 7th season last week on whatever level is 2nd to hardest...had won 5 national championships with Florida State, had 4 heisman trophy winners

also i started one with a friend of mine

well i finished playing one of the dynasty games that my friend is in with me and then i accidentally saved that game over my other dynasty...so now i have to start all freakin over again

needless to say i was a bit angry

all though now i get to play madden and ncaa football at the same time so i as soon as i graduate i can have htem on madden

treyz3
10-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Really sucks to lose a dynasty like that. When I think of it, I back mine up to my PC using Action Replay. Just in case.

Slowride
10-25-2003, 10:42 PM
i was 14-0 in my 5th dynasty season. more wins than anyone, harder schedule, everything i can think of in my favor except maybe points scored and i didnt even get to play in the national championship game. even though i had just beaten tennessee 55-0 in the SEC championship game.

anyways the point to my post:

HOW DO YOU DO A QUARTERBACK SLIDE??????? I have tried absolutely everything I can think of and it still only slides on freak occurrences leaving me to wonder how i just did that. 99.9% of the time my quarterback will just dive. and often when he dives, even if no defender hits him he still fumbles. Even though the ground can't cause a fumble in football i guess EA doesn't care. I keep looking at the settings...it says hit x to slide, i have tried a million times and it's so frustrating i want to stab myself in the eye and punch myself in the sack.

Slowride
10-25-2003, 11:30 PM
ok....after spending a solid 30 minutes in practice mode i sort of found out how to do it. but you have to do it so particularly that i'm only getting it about 25% of the time. i've been playing football games since the giants blocked every single damn field goal when tecmo bowl came out, there is no excuse for a stupid flaw like this. if you want to slide....it shouldn't be a crap shoot just like when you want to spin, you spin.

treyz3
10-26-2003, 12:24 PM
My experience has been the same. This same thing was discussed at an NCAA site and everyone found the same thing. It's a crapshoot as to whether you slide or not.

Slowride
10-26-2003, 02:10 PM
well atleast i'm not the only one......it wasn't much of a problem for me before but now that i have a fast QB who can scramble it has become one. whats the point of breaking a 17 yard qb scramble just to dive and fumble. I guess i should just let them hit my QB and risk the injury. Oh well, such a good game it's hard to believe they let sumthin like this slide.

Slowride
11-02-2003, 03:29 PM
I accepted the second offer UCLA made to me and won the national championship with them. Then turned down an offer from Nebraska and went to recruiting. I don't know about the rest of you but I never take the time to cut players myself, I let the cpu do it. Well today it cut my starting QB. He was a junior, highest overall and fast. I am left with 2 very slow freshmen. I have no idea why it cut him, I thought the cpu was smarter than that. yall have anything like this happen? I turned nebraska down specifically cuz of this QB. DAMN. Nonetheless i had the best recruiting class. The sliders arent doin enuff anymore, gonna have to go on heisman mode.

1 more thing, any idea if this game will be Live next year?

treyz3
11-03-2003, 10:13 AM
Pretty much everyone who has the game for the box will agree with me on this, I'm sure. NCAA Football 2005 better be on Live!

As far as cutting players, I have seen that happen before. It's the reason that I always do my own cutting. If the computer is so smart, why does it do such stupid things?

The two teams I have in my dynasty (Ohio State and a created school) played for the national title. I was very surprised that the created team was able to climb all the way up the rankings. Ohio State won the game 24-17.

Buccaneer21
11-05-2003, 02:53 PM
I took one star UNLV who had been kicked out of the Mountain West Conferance and made them a six star dynasty that's in the Pac-10. Go Rebels