PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2004 Amazing player likenesses

Stygard
10-05-2003, 08:47 PM
NHL 2004 has the best player and coach likenesses I have evey seen. As an avid hockey fan and a true Canadian, it blesses my heart to see a coach that actually looks like Craig McTavish coaching the Oilers.

One problem I had with the game was hitting. It seemed akward.

Deeking with the puck is the best to date.

Team Canada having the best overall rating was cool, but four points higher than the Americans (however much I despise their hockey team) seemed a little unfair.

I hear ESPN's new hockey title is supossed to just as good as EA's. EA better pull up threir socks if they want to stay ahead.

limpy43
10-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Espn hockey sucks, EA dosent need to do anything there better and it will always stay like that.

ALC
10-06-2003, 06:04 PM
yes it does. online play.

I'm not even gonna touch it until it has live support.

Elnutsack
10-08-2003, 08:32 AM
I have both. I think NHL 2004 has decent player likenesses, but some of them aren't proportioned correctly. The cut scenes show off what I'm saying. Some of the guys have heads that are just enormous compared to thier bodies. Looks very freaky!

ESPN has decent player likenesses, some of them look so real its scary...

CrazyCougar
10-08-2003, 01:37 PM
NHL 2004 doesnt even hold a candle to ESPN this year. EA is no longer the only kid on the block. ESPN has taken over that role in my opinion. ESPN ROCKS!! And the graphics are quite nice as well.

limpy43
10-08-2003, 05:09 PM
lol ya whats up with the big heads on certain players? i noticed that too. Plus i find that it dosent show enough stats and stuff in the game, after the whistle the ref is droping the puck right away, they need to add more stats and other little things happening after whistles.

Stygard
10-16-2003, 01:59 AM
I noticed that too, there wasn't enough time to screw around after the whistle.

I still doubt ESPN is better than NHL 2004 though.

Who cares if they have big heads, it is who the heads look like that matters to me.