PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six 3 screens!

Ugunnalose
10-06-2003, 12:09 AM
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/RS3_100403_05.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/RS3_100403_04.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/RS3_100403_03.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/RS3_100403_02.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/RS3_100403_01.jpg

Brevity
10-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Wow did not know it had a free head set too?
http://www.theplatoon.com/ravenshield/images/news/RS3_XBOX_BXSHT_3Dt.gif
(Click here to enlarge) (http://www.theplatoon.com/ravenshield/images/news/RS3_XBOX_BXSHT_3D.jpg)
"Here's the official box art UbiSoft plans to use for Rainbow Six 3 Xbox. *Update* There will be a limited special edition version that comes with a microphone, after the special edition it will be packaged like any other Xbox game. Here's the shot: "
Source (http://www.theplatoon.com/ravenshield/default.asp)

l Maximus l
10-06-2003, 01:05 AM
Nice screens, but, I must say, owning the demo to this game really shows that this game is a whole lot better in motion :D

SPARTAN VI
10-06-2003, 01:50 AM
Yeah, the demo is kickass. I just hope some of the other levels have more light in them. It's difficult to see where your shots land when I'm looking at a dead corpse... and I like to see how many times I shot a guy in the nads/head. :D

Diddy
10-06-2003, 02:29 PM
Well can you pick up the version with the headset if you preordered it??? And is it still 49.99 with the headset??

Dark Enemy
10-06-2003, 02:43 PM
If you want the game with the headset is gonna cost 69.99 But with out the headset its regular price.

peejay
10-06-2003, 02:44 PM
What's the difference between Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon games? Is multiplayer good in Rainbow Six games? Is single player fun? When does this game come out?

Titty
10-06-2003, 03:43 PM
ghost recon is **** compared to rainbow six 3. comes out nov 15th or so.

AlBoogy
10-06-2003, 03:48 PM
The environments look great. The player models look a bit like Ghost Recon. Should be interesting to see how everything works online considering how horrible it was to play Ghost Recon (as far as features are concerned)

# 1 Stunner
10-06-2003, 03:58 PM
whats the headset look like? there charging for the headset thats ghey..

Papke
10-06-2003, 04:10 PM
I'd be willing to shell out the extra bucks if the headset was anything different than the lousy XBL headset I have now. In Lynxfx's crib, he has the best headset ever.:cry:

Casper
10-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Papke
I'd be willing to shell out the extra bucks if the headset was anything different than the lousy XBL headset I have now. In Lynxfx's crib, he has the best headset ever.:cry:

I have the same one ;)

This game is sick...I've been playing the PC game at work here and there and the maps are insane, as well as the teamwork that's needed. Much better than what RTCW tried to be and it's gonna put GR to bed.

# 1 Stunner
10-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

I have the same one ;)

This game is sick...I've been playing the PC game at work here and there and the maps are insane, as well as the teamwork that's needed. Much better than what RTCW tried to be and it's gonna put GR to bed. what is it sum kind of e3 headset??

Diddy
10-06-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Titty
ghost recon is **** compared to rainbow six 3. comes out nov 15th or so.

This game really is sick, but it comes out October 28.

The Rainbow Six games are ALOT better than Ghost Recon titles IMO, I used to play the original RS on PC and it was so fun.
Both MP and SP look fun and awesome, the splinter cell lighting is so sweet.

l Maximus l
10-07-2003, 01:51 AM
Rainbow Six 3 is a must buy, in my opinion. For me, this will be the best game since Halo...and this is going to be on XBL... I'm lovin' it :D

Like Casper said, this game will put Ghost Recon to bed...

Koopa
10-07-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Rainbow Six 3 is a must buy, in my opinion. For me, this will be the best game since Halo...and this is going to be on XBL... I'm lovin' it :D

Like Casper said, this game will put Ghost Recon to bed...
w00t, i agree!
splinter-cell quality graphics with ghost recon quality gameplay, at a faster, more console-friendly pace. all online, all the time.

i'm ready to kill some terrorists.

*Open, Frag, AND CLEAR, ON ZULU*

*<german accent> rohger thaat, open, frahg, unt cleeah, on sooloo</german accent>

*door squeakopen*
*BANG*
*Gunfire*

Titty
10-07-2003, 10:41 AM
oct 28th? **** thought its was like nov 15th or something

Shadow20002
10-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Sweet !!

RudedogX
10-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
what is it sum kind of e3 headset??
Yes, it was. Also, this game will indeed be much better than GR. If you have played the demo, you can already tell that the game is that much better already!:cheers:

mattgame
10-07-2003, 12:20 PM
I am going to ask this question one more time. Is it gonna be possible to use the headset without being online ala SOCOM? Are there any other games that can be used in this fashion? :huh:

RudedogX
10-07-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
I am going to ask this question one more time. Is it gonna be possible to use the headset without being online ala SOCOM? Are there any other games that can be used in this fashion? :huh:
Yes, you will not have to online to use the headset. In fact the demo allows you to use the headset already, you just need to know the right commands.:wink: Thank you developers at E3!:cheers:

mattgame
10-07-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

Yes, you will not have to online to use the headset. In fact the demo allows you to use the headset already, you just need to know the right commands.:wink: Thank you developers at E3!:cheers:

I think I just shat myself? What are the commands please help me. What's that smell............?

RudedogX
10-07-2003, 12:39 PM

I think I just shat myself? What are the commands please help me. What's that smell............?
I don't remember all of the commands, but I believe some of them have to do with hold, go, alpha, bravo (whichever team you're talking about doing something). I haven't played the demo enough to verify which ones still work, but I know I got a couple of them to work while in the demo. Just think what type of commands you'd give a military squad.:cheers:

mattgame
10-07-2003, 12:45 PM

I don't remember all of the commands, but I believe some of them have to do with hold, go, alpha, bravo (whichever team you're talking about doing something). I haven't played the demo enough to verify which ones still work, but I know I got a couple of them to work while in the demo. Just think what type of commands you'd give a military squad.:cheers:

Thanks for the info, I'll get right on it.:D

RudedogX
10-07-2003, 12:46 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll get right on it.:D
No problem man.

Diddy
10-07-2003, 03:29 PM
You can also issue commands with the directional pad.

l Maximus l
10-07-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Koopa

w00t, i agree!
splinter-cell quality graphics with ghost recon quality gameplay, at a faster, more console-friendly pace. all online, all the time.

I think you covered yourself with that statement, but, I was just going to add that I think the gameplay on Rainbow Six: 3 is a ton better than the gameplay on Ghost Recon, IMO :)

l Maximus l
10-07-2003, 03:38 PM

Man, I had no idea that you could use your communicator to issue commands! Damn! I would have known if I read it somewhere...but, what better place to have figured that out than right here :D

Thanks!

Diddy
10-07-2003, 03:44 PM
NO PROBLEM!!!!

Titty
10-07-2003, 06:16 PM
ya the commands work from your mic... just tried it.

say stuff like go, open door, regroup, flash, frag and they do it.

pretty sick

ShannonX
10-07-2003, 06:17 PM
the more i check out this game, the more i'm debating on buying it. It does look very enticing and the multiplayer sounds awesome.

XboxGamers
10-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Yeah! The demo rocks! Can't wait for the full game. :D

Variation-XBA
10-07-2003, 10:42 PM
I am going to ask this question one more time. Is it gonna be possible to use the headset without being online ala SOCOM?

Yes, it's just like Socom, where you can control your members with voice. Hence the package with the Mic.

l Maximus l
10-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
the more i check out this game, the more i'm debating on buying it. It does look very enticing and the multiplayer sounds awesome.

If you haven't played the demo yet, it's a must. I still believe the game falls short of the greatness of Halo, however, it's definately the closest 2nd place I've seen thus yet. It's a must buy.

Keep in mind that I am not *completely* comparing this to Halo since the entire premise of Rainbow Six: 3 is completely different. R6:3 is basically Ghost Recon (Urban Style) meets Splinter Cell ...except, a little faster paced. Check it out...go to EB and put $10 down on a preordered copy of R6:3. You'll get the demo disc where you can play one full map and you get 4 maps to download for GR: IT, 3 maps for Splinter Cell (might be 2...I can't recall off-hand), playable demo for GR: IT, GR, and Splinter Cell as well. The disc is definately worth $10 on it's own, however, you basically get it free since the money you put down goes toward the sales price of R6:3. Get it, play it, love it :D

Dark Enemy
10-08-2003, 01:37 AM
Fellow addict I present the commands:

MOVE
FRAG
FLASH
REGROUP
OPEN
OPEN AND CLEAR
OPEN AND FRAG
OPEN FRAG AND CLEAR
OPEN AND FLASH
OPEN FLASH AND CLEAR
BREACH
BREACH AND CLEAR
CLOSE
MOVE AND CLEAR
FRAG AND CLEAR
FLASH AND CLEAR
USE IT
SECURE HOSTAGE
LEAVE HOSTAGE
CUFF HIM
ELECTRO UP
DEMO UP
HOLD
ZULU

ZULU COMMANDS
All of these commands end with ON ZULU
(make the command and say ZULU or press white button when you want to initiate)

MOVE ON
FRAG ON
FLASH ON
REGROUP ON
OPEN ON
OPEN AND CLEAR ON
OPEN AND FRAG ON
OPEN FRAG AND CLEAR ON
OPEN AND FLASH ON
OPEN FLASH AND CLEAR ON
BREACH ON
BREACH AND CLEAR ON
CLOSE ON
MOVE AND CLEAR ON
FRAG AND CLEAR ON
FLASH AND CLEAR ON
USE IT ON
SECURE HOSTAGE ON
LEAVE HOSTAGE ON
CUFF HIM ON
ELECTRO UP ON
DEMO UP ON

l Maximus l
10-08-2003, 01:55 AM
Dark Enemy...that's a sweet list...probably complete, too, by the looks of it. But, if you know the answer to this, what exactly is Zulu?

mattgame
10-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Dark Enemy
Fellow addict I present the commands:

MOVE
FRAG
FLASH
REGROUP
OPEN
OPEN AND CLEAR
OPEN AND FRAG
OPEN FRAG AND CLEAR
OPEN AND FLASH
OPEN FLASH AND CLEAR
BREACH
BREACH AND CLEAR
CLOSE
MOVE AND CLEAR
FRAG AND CLEAR
FLASH AND CLEAR
USE IT
SECURE HOSTAGE
LEAVE HOSTAGE
CUFF HIM
ELECTRO UP
DEMO UP
HOLD
ZULU

ZULU COMMANDS
All of these commands end with ON ZULU
(make the command and say ZULU or press white button when you want to initiate)

MOVE ON
FRAG ON
FLASH ON
REGROUP ON
OPEN ON
OPEN AND CLEAR ON
OPEN AND FRAG ON
OPEN FRAG AND CLEAR ON
OPEN AND FLASH ON
OPEN FLASH AND CLEAR ON
BREACH ON
BREACH AND CLEAR ON
CLOSE ON
MOVE AND CLEAR ON
FRAG AND CLEAR ON
FLASH AND CLEAR ON
USE IT ON
SECURE HOSTAGE ON
LEAVE HOSTAGE ON
CUFF HIM ON
ELECTRO UP ON
DEMO UP ON

Thanks.

JJaX
10-08-2003, 09:16 AM
Dark Enemy...that's a sweet list...probably complete, too, by the looks of it. But, if you know the answer to this, what exactly is Zulu?

You noob....

ZULU is like another word for "NOW!" They execute whatever orders you prompted them to do on your signal....Zulu

You can tell them the breach and clear on zulu. THan you can get in front of another door that goes into the same room. THan say "zulu" (they will execute) and you bust in at the same time. The breach charge will stun the enemy. And the bad guys will be sitting ducks in between you and you squad mates.

Thats just an example.

Some other JJaX pro tips :p

- If you have to go out into the open, or know you're about to be ambused. Smoke grenades provide great cover.

- Breach and clear is the best way to clear out a room.

- Flash bangs have a huge stun area compared to a frags blast area.

- The AUG owns you.

Dark Enemy
10-08-2003, 09:51 AM

Its pretty much what jjax said. Zulu is like in order, they wont do that particular order unless u say zulu. BUt If u want them to do it immdeiately just say frag and they will do it.

Diddy
10-08-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

- The AUG owns you.

youre damn right it does!

l Maximus l
10-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Nice..thanks for the info. I guess I am a n00b when it comes to the word Zulu. Now, I am edumacated :huh:

Liquid Gears
10-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
Wow did not know it had a free head set too?
http://www.theplatoon.com/ravenshield/images/news/RS3_XBOX_BXSHT_3Dt.gif

Has anyone seen any pics of what the new headset actually looks like?

Diddy
10-09-2003, 01:59 PM
I havent seen it, and almost all the stores I buy games from, like Babbages(Gamestop) EB Games, Rhino Games, all have no heard of any special edition RS3 Package with a Headset. Half of those stores still had the game coming out in November 4th.

Kinda weird tho.

Professor Kaos
10-09-2003, 04:08 PM
Here's the headset
http://store.ubi.com/productimages/xbx_rainbowsix3_headset_ss.gif
Stylish and comfort neckband design

Flexible microphone with noise cancelling

With Mute and Volume control inline box

With Xbox live compatible communicator

Koopa
10-10-2003, 08:19 PM
yeah Zulu's are just go-commands. its really helpful in setting up ambushes...

like, in the demo, ya know the room where the first hostage is? i had my buddies "open, flash, and clear, on zulu"

then i tossed in a smoke grenade and said ZULU. the T's were coughing, tearing, and blind when we stormed in from 2 separate doors and pwned them!