PDA

View Full Version : Metro3D's Dinosaur Hunting Coming November 7th

Shadow20002
10-06-2003, 11:12 AM
Worldwide video game developer and publisher Metro3D, Inc. today announced a new colossal title to its 2003 line-up, Dinosaur Hunting exclusively for the Microsoft® Xbox® video game console. Developed by Microsoft Game Studios Japan, Dinosaur Hunting is scheduled for release this November 7, 2003.

“Dinosaur Hunting is a giant-size action adventure, which brings pre-historic dinosaurs into the 21st Century,” said Joseph Morici, senior vice president, sales and marketing, Metro3D. “Mixing reality with a bit of fantasy, Dinosaur Hunting is a solid action adventure title sure to be popular this upcoming holiday season.”

Dinosaur Hunting takes place in 1910, when the British Geologist Norton Klast discovered dinosaurs living on the highlands of Guiana in the Amazon interior. Due to a tectonic shift, the highlands became enclosed by towering cliffs which cut the dinosaurs off from the rest of the world. Defying fate, the dinosaurs have survived for thousands of years, but now are facing extinction. The dinosaurs must be transported to a new location at all costs.

Lord Andrew, using his personal funds to create the Ark Foundation, created an international team of hunters and scientists from England, France, Canada, and the United States. They are ready to begin the largest rescue operation in human history. Lord Andrew sent them to the Guiana Highlands to investigate. In these hostile highlands, Earth’s final frontier, the largest hunt in the history of mankind is about to begin.

Dinosaur Hunting features four teams, each with their own unique characters. Equipped with a variety of weapons, including a handgun, shotgun or rifle, players shoot a variety of dinosaur targets, which they must hunt down and tranquilize to save the species. Players explore the Guiana Highlands as they gather knowledge about the dinosaurs and their environments, including theories about dinosaur history. Combining elements of reality and fantasy, Dinosaur Hunting combines educational pre-historic dinosaur history, unique dinosaur characters and 3-dimensional character design.

Source@ (http://www.metro3d.com/html/games/dino.html)

Kraft
10-06-2003, 12:19 PM
Sooo... it will either be a crappy turok type of game or a crappy Dino Crisis type of game. Or maybe we will really luck out and it will be a crappy Caleb's Big Game Hunter type of game except with dinosaurs!

Viper87227
10-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Nick-XBA
Sooo... it will either be a crappy turok type of game or a crappy Dino Crisis type of game. Or maybe we will really luck out and it will be a crappy Caleb's Big Game Hunter type of game except with dinosaurs!

I was hoping for another crappy Carnivores game....power to the crappy games!

AlBoogy
10-06-2003, 04:33 PM
http://www.healingwithnutrition.com/graphic/excited.gif

Koopa
10-06-2003, 05:09 PM
wasnt metro3d supposat be making shayde:monsters v humans?

Ford Mustang
10-06-2003, 07:04 PM
The graphics look way better than Turok: Evolution. You never know. It could turn out to be a sweet game. :)

Cryogenic Pyro
10-06-2003, 10:25 PM
Hmm... I don't think anything could possible be worse than that one dinosaur game where you had to find the right dinosaurs to stop extinction from happening, or something. That was a classic.

spectre187
10-07-2003, 12:51 AM
i have a thing for a worst game ever collection... someone get themselves a copy of an old nes game by bunch games in a blue cartridge called TAG n' Dragon AWFUL GAME 2 shades of yellow blah blah worst game ever made im dead serious... if u find one that says cheap and crap game written on it, thats my old cartridge HAHAHAHAHA

Variation-XBA
10-07-2003, 01:05 AM
Why am I reminded of the downfall to Primal Rage? :P

l Maximus l
10-07-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Viper87227

I was hoping for another crappy Carnivores game....power to the crappy games!

Crapalicious! WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!