PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Alliance now only 19.99 USD

Shadow20002
10-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Midway Games Inc., a leading entertainment software publisher and developer, announced today that Mortal Kombat(R): Deadly Alliance(R) has shipped as a Greatest Hits title for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system and a Platinum Hits title for the Xbox(R) video game system from Microsoft. A Player's Choice title for the Nintendo GameCube(TM) will be available on October 27.

As new additions to these prestigious programs, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance will be re-launched with new packaging at a suggested retail price of $19.99.

The PlayStation 2 version of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance easily reached Greatest Hits status by selling through nearly one million units in North America. A Greatest Hit must sell more than 400,000 units during its first nine months on store shelves. The Xbox version of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance was named a Platinum Hit by selling through nearly 450,000 units. Platinum status is given to products that manufacture more than 400,000 units after nine months. The Nintendo GameCube version of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance sold 250,000 units, which qualified it for the Player's Choice standard. In total, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance has sold through more than two million units worldwide since its release in November 2002.

The leading gaming media have also recognized Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance as a top choice. GamePro Magazine's 13th Annual Readers Choice Award for the best fighting game went to Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, while GameSpot declared the game "Best fighting game of 2002" for Xbox and Nintendo GameCube, and IGN included it among its "Editor's Choice Awards" for PlayStation 2, Xbox and Nintendo GameCube. In March 2003, Gaming World X crowned Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance as the "Best Fighter" on Xbox.

CarGuy
10-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Sweet, i traded it in just in time. I got 25$ for it a EB i believe. I'll look for a used copy in a couple weeks.

LynxFX
10-06-2003, 05:46 PM
Great, now I will finally pick this one up. I was so tempted the other day when I saw it for $35.

X-Fan
10-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
Great, now I will finally pick this one up. I was so tempted the other day when I saw it for $35.
buy it from me for 25?

l Maximus l
10-08-2003, 12:50 AM
I actually had a blast with Mortal Kombat: DA....good fun...a little too much unnecessary slowdown, but, still fun. I haven't touched it in months, though.

Dark Enemy
10-08-2003, 01:19 AM
I might pick it up, I heard alot of the unlockables are stupid and a waste of time:watchout:

l Maximus l
10-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Dark Enemy
I might pick it up, I heard alot of the unlockables are stupid and a waste of time:watchout:

Check the cheats section on this website to bypass all of the stupid unlockables. I agree, there were a lot of stupid ones on there...but, our list tells you exactly which tombs to open up revealing unlockable characters and attire :)

Dark Enemy
10-08-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Check the cheats section on this website to bypass all of the stupid unlockables. I agree, there were a lot of stupid ones on there...but, our list tells you exactly which tombs to open up revealing unlockable characters and attire :)

Thanks, In never paid attention to the cheat section. Since you got the game. Would you say it compares to soul calibur, doa3, virtue fighter, tekken.:D

l Maximus l
10-08-2003, 02:00 AM

Thanks, In never paid attention to the cheat section. Since you got the game. Would you say it compares to soul calibur, doa3, virtue fighter, tekken.:D

Well...it's different than all of those, actually. Every character has 3 different stances...the third stance includes a weapon. The tactics come into play when carrying a weapon because using it will cause more damage to your opponent, however, if you incur damage, it take more off of you, too. So, use it wisely.

The combo system is sweet...transfering from different stances in the middle of combos. It's well done. Is it as good as Soul Caliber 2? No. DOA3? I think so, however, the character models obviously don't look that good or have bouncy of b00bs. :D

I think it is a good purchase for $20 especially if you are into fighters. By the way, all of the fatalities are easier to pull off because when you hear "Finish Him", all you have to do is go to your end move stance and put in the code sequence...you don't have to stand in a certain area like previous MKs. Those codes are also found here at XBA. Check it out when it goes Platinum :)

Dark Enemy
10-08-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Well...it's different than all of those, actually. Every character has 3 different stances...the third stance includes a weapon. The tactics come into play when carrying a weapon because using it will cause more damage to your opponent, however, if you incur damage, it take more off of you, too. So, use it wisely.

The combo system is sweet...transfering from different stances in the middle of combos. It's well done. Is it as good as Soul Caliber 2? No. DOA3? I think so, however, the character models obviously don't look that good or have bouncy of b00bs. :D

I think it is a good purchase for $20 especially if you are into fighters. By the way, all of the fatalities are easier to pull off because when you hear "Finish Him", all you have to do is go to your end move stance and put in the code sequence...you don't have to stand in a certain area like previous MKs. Those codes are also found here at XBA. Check it out when it goes Platinum :)

Thanks, Just one more thing. Does this mortal kombat have all the fatalities . I heard only each charracter gets one but i would think they would have all since all the others did.

Shadow20002
10-08-2003, 06:44 PM

Thanks, Just one more thing. Does this mortal kombat have all the fatalities . I heard only each charracter gets one but i would think they would have all since all the others did.

Nope in ths case, each fighter can have only one fatality.