PDA

View Full Version : New XBA Feature | HDTV stats in game profiles.

LynxFX
10-06-2003, 04:39 PM
High Definition support, or lack there of, is something that no other site has really been tracking until now. We here at Xboxaddict have updated the game database to show what each game supports or doesn't support in terms of HD resolutions including widescreen (16x9) support.

For each game profile you will notice these new images in the game information section:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/profile/images/rightnav/widescreen_on.jpg
This shows that the game supports widescreen, or 16x9 aspect ratio.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/profile/images/rightnav/hdtv_480p_720p_1080i_on.jpg
This shows which HD resolutions the game supports. In this case it would be all of them.

If you spot any errors, or know of a game that supports an HD resolution or supports widescreen, please email us and we'll make the proper updates.

squid413
10-06-2003, 11:30 PM
well i don't want to email so i'll just post it here but i think espn nfl supports 720p because thats what it says on the box

l Maximus l
10-07-2003, 01:46 AM
That's some great work, Lynxfx...especially for someone like me that owns an HDTV. I've noticed a HUGE trend of people purchasing High Def TVs... It brings a tear to my eye :cry: :D

We all know that even the back of XBox games are not accurate when it comes to things like progressive scan and 16x9 aspect ratio support. This is why Lynxfx put this together for all of us here... GO LYNXFX!! :cheers:

LynxFX
10-07-2003, 02:05 AM
Yup, crazy developers, don't even know what their games support. :)

Luckily they are getting much much better now.

squid413,
Thanks for the info, updated the game.

Yankeez
10-07-2003, 10:53 AM
wooo this is sweet i wish i had a HDTV :cry:

DocHoliday78
10-07-2003, 12:51 PM
If i were to get a HDTV wouldnt i need some special cables for the xbox to use this feature?

LynxFX
10-07-2003, 01:38 PM
Just the $20 HD A/V pack by Microsoft, of the $40 Monster cables 400.

DocHoliday78
10-07-2003, 03:25 PM
No wonder my friends hdtv doesnt make things look that much better, He doesnt have those cables. GJ Lynx :cheers:

l Maximus l
10-07-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
No wonder my friends hdtv doesnt make things look that much better, He doesnt have those cables. GJ Lynx :cheers:

Yes, the Component video cables (like Lynxfx said: The XBox High Definition A/V pack or the XBox Monster 400 series video cables) is the only way to get progressive scan. Composite (yellow video cable) and S-Video (from the XBox Advanced A/V pack) do not provide progressive scan.

The video quality is very noticeable and is worth getting the right cables. I figure, if you, or someone you know, have equipment that can support better video quality, why not maximize the ability of the equipment simply with a new set of cables? It all makes sense once you see it for yourself :)

DocHoliday78
10-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Will other calbes make a bigger diffrence over the microsoft $20 cables like the monster cables?

l Maximus l
10-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Will other calbes make a bigger diffrence over the microsoft $20 cables like the monster cables?

Well, it's my opinion that Monster 400s are better. But, if you were to have two HDTVs side by side and one had the Monster 400s and the other had the High Definition A/V pack from Microsoft, and both HDTVs had the same settings, you would likely be hard pressed to tell the brilliant difference.

I like the Monster 400s better, though more expensive, because you can tell they are of high quality. Go check out a set for yourself...they are sweet!

The only downfall with the Monster 400s, other than the higher price tag, is the fact that if you want to hook up a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound, then, you have to purchase a Monster Optical Cable to do it. With Microsoft's High Definition A/V Pack for XBox, any optical cable will work just fine.

I, myself, have the Monster 400s with the proprietary Monster Optical Cable linking up my 5.1 DD SS...it sounds amazing! And, of course, looks great, too :D

LynxFX
10-07-2003, 04:35 PM
Max, you are getting so good at explaining that without missing a single detail. Nice bud! :cheers:

I personally have the MS HD pack with better cables than what it came with, as well as custom hand made vga to component cables that I use for my projector. Now those are some high quality interconnects.

l Maximus l
10-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
Max, you are getting so good at explaining that without missing a single detail. Nice bud! :cheers:

Oh...you know me, man....just dotting the "T's" and crossing the "I's"....

Wait....come again? :eek:

Yankeez
10-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
Just the $20 HD A/V pack by Microsoft, of the $40 Monster cables 400.

which ones better? i leanin towards monster bein teh choice

MerimacHamwich
10-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Or if you want you can gett he Madcatz HD pack. It comes with everything. Component Cables, Composite Cables, S-Video Cable, Optical Audio Cable, the cables to hook it all up to the Xbox, and it's only 40$ CAD. Ofcourse, you can probably expect mediocre quality in the cables, but unless you are some sort of audio/video phile and have been at it for a while, you won't be able to tell the difference.