PDA

View Full Version : Midway taking the same route as EA?

DocHoliday78
10-06-2003, 07:19 PM
I was reading reviews for Hitz pro and i noticed that it is only online capable for the ps2! WTF i love hitz and i read that i was going to be able to play online. Is Midway taking the same path as EA?

Heavens Gate
10-07-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
I was reading reviews for Hitz pro and i noticed that it is only online capable for the ps2! WTF i love hitz and i read that i was going to be able to play online. Is Midway taking the same path as EA?

Yup. I know it's the same way with the new Tony Hawk game as well. Idiots

Koopa
10-07-2003, 07:54 AM
what exactly does midway make that we like?

RudedogX
10-07-2003, 08:07 AM
Not much anymore Koopa. They were great at arcade style games, but now they're trying something different and they're screwing themselves over in the process!

AlBoogy
10-07-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Not much anymore Koopa. They were great at arcade style games, but now they're trying something different and they're screwing themselves over in the process!

They probably look at the mega empire EA has and saw dollar signs everywhere. They fail to realize there are other companies in the wing vying to take that top spot away. BTW, I thought that Tony Hawk Underground game was going to be online for xbox.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
10-07-2003, 12:46 PM
Thinking to myself*** Mmm...i wonder how long is it going to take before the board is full of i hate midway post?****:watchout:

DocHoliday78
10-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Koop you obviously have never played NHL Hitz. The game is awesome. I love that game much more than nhl2k4 or the EA nhl 2004 game. Online would have made this game so cool it makes me sick to realize that only ps2 has it.

Casper
10-07-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Koop you obviously have never played NHL Hitz. The game is awesome. I love that game much more than nhl2k4 or the EA nhl 2004 game. Online would have made this game so cool it makes me sick to realize that only ps2 has it.

My review will be up shortly for Hitz Pro....and I will say this, I have 02, 03 and Pro...needless to say, 03 is getting much more play time still. I like Pro, but it's just not Hitz :confused:

RudedogX
10-07-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

My review will be up shortly for Hitz Pro....and I will say this, I have 02, 03 and Pro...needless to say, 03 is getting much more play time still. I like Pro, but it's just not Hitz :confused:
That's pretty sad. You told me about that, but still...not cool.

DocHoliday78
10-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

HAvent had a chance to play pro yet, but i have all the hitz. 03 has a great franchise mode. I just dont have any competition over here.

scarecrow kfj
10-07-2003, 02:09 PM
EA now for example I dont get it. and wont buy it. Yeah I am missing out on some great games maybe but if they are not going to be fair to us xbox gamers I am not going to still put money in there pockets if I can help it... Need 4 Speed: underground though looks good but its EA and not online.

l Maximus l
10-07-2003, 04:01 PM
XBox Live compatibility is a huge breaker with me and, so I have noticed, a lot of you guys, too. And, rightly so... Why 3rd party companies wouldn't want to capitalize on this bad ass on-line network, known as XBox Live, is completely beyond me.

XBox Live sells games far more than non XBL games, if you ask me.

GrggThGrmmRpr
10-07-2003, 04:05 PM
I thought that like after XBL was released EVERY game would have it! I mean it can't take much work to put it as an option in a game! And it will sell so much better! WTF?

DocHoliday78
10-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by GrggThGrmmRpr
I thought that like after XBL was released EVERY game would have it! I mean it can't take much work to put it as an option in a game! And it will sell so much better! WTF?

Actually i think it does take a bit of work, i could be wrong, but yes it would boost sales like a mofo. I am with you on the question of why companies dont take advantage of Live a lot more.

Se7en
10-07-2003, 09:56 PM
I really don't get what advantage these companies gain by not making their games online compatible for every system. I could understand if the game was a system exclusive, but on multi-platform games, what the heck do they have to lose?

And I REALLY don't understand this with sports titles- I mean, I know a lot of long time EA fans that are buying Sega titles simply for their online capabilities, despite enjoying EA games better. Huh. Go figure.

Dark Enemy
10-08-2003, 01:23 AM
Even if they do go EA's way i dont care since i dont buy any of there games anyway. In my opinion every game should support XBOX live because its simple. IT SELLS MORE COPIES.:)

Casper
10-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
XBox Live compatibility is a huge breaker with me and, so I have noticed, a lot of you guys, too. And, rightly so... Why 3rd party companies wouldn't want to capitalize on this bad ass on-line network, known as XBox Live, is completely beyond me.

XBox Live sells games far more than non XBL games, if you ask me.

Ask MS, they are the one's in complete control of what companies use XBL and who doesn't, because they are the ones with the price offerings for the other companies, therefore determining the outcome of who wants to pay to get the gamers on Live. Sony may actually be doing the right thing with having each company in charge of their online games, sadly enough, it's starting to show more and more with each sport game that comes out and isn't on Live for us, but on Sony Online for them.

Btw, for those that are interested....my Hitz review is up on XBA now. (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/staff_reviews/view.php?Product_ID=610)

Ford Mustang
10-08-2003, 03:25 PM
I really don't care about Midway. Nothing they make really interests me. As for sports games, I like the Sega ones better than the EA sports games, so I'm all set with Xbox Live. :)

rockola
10-09-2003, 12:03 AM
the games that arent live but has ps2 online are like that for one of 2 reasons. 1. sony probably payed them to not support live. 2. they want to eventually be able to be in control of charging for thier online play in the future. one side is going to win eventually.

if sony's plan win, expect a future of paying fee's to play many games online

if MS win, expect to pay fee's to play many games online but they will be packaged fees instead of a bunch of different fee's

the difference is that MS will be in control, and everyone would have to negotiat with MS if MS's plan wins. if sony plans win they can do whatever they want.

its actually a choice between 2 evils, either way we will end up getting charged by a monopolising company, wether it be EA/Midway/Activision/etc or MS. I sortof think that MS's route will end up being better for us gamers because I feel that it will be more controled. EA is dirty, MS is dirty. the difference is MS is dirty to other companies while ea is dirty to the gaming community. MS will try to make the best product, EA will try to squeez the most money out of thier products. if EA were to get as big as MS we'd be in trouble

Heavens Gate
10-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Se7en
I really don't get what advantage these companies gain by not making their games online compatible for every system. I could understand if the game was a system exclusive, but on multi-platform games, what the heck do they have to lose?

And I REALLY don't understand this with sports titles- I mean, I know a lot of long time EA fans that are buying Sega titles simply for their online capabilities, despite enjoying EA games better. Huh. Go figure.

The reason is because companies like EA have their own servers. They can charge if they want. With Xbox Live, Microsoft runs the servers and thus, companies can't make money off of the servers. It's as simple as that