PDA

View Full Version : Sudeki Developer Diary 3 at Xbox.ign.com

Shadow20002
10-07-2003, 09:37 AM
For those poor unenlightened souls who don't know yet, "Sudeki" is an action role-playing game for Xbox. Making a video role-playing game seems like a dream come true for most designers, and to a large extent this is true, but it is also a project of colossal proportions. In the field of the video games industry, "Sudeki" is a special challenge, thanks to its size and scope. We've gone for such bewildering amounts of detail in creation of our worlds that when I was asked to describe what I do during the development of the game, I found that giving a description of my duties is not quite that easy.

Asking a designer what he does for living is a loaded question: One day I will be busy balancing the strengths and weaknesses of one of the monsters in the game, while the next day I might be scouring the internet for reference material for underwater caves or writing complex C-derivative scripts in order to make the NPCs behave in an intelligent manner.

Source@ (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/452/452886p1.html)

thrAsher
10-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Developer diaries crack me up. They all say the same thing.

I have good feelings about this game, though. The real-time combat sounds great, and the descriptions of the enemies/monsters was interesting. The two screens they showed were nice, also. I'm glad we're finally going to get some good RPG's for the Xbox (Fable, TFLO, Sudeki, Arx Fatalis).