PDA

View Full Version : Raw or Smackdown?

The Xbox Mafia
10-08-2003, 11:50 AM
I am a fan of many wrestling games but I dont know what to get Raw 2 or Smackdown 5. Raw looks beutiful and plays quite nice. While Smackdown doesnt quite look as nice but offers quite solid gameplay.Anyways I just wanted to know what your veiws are.

mattgame
10-08-2003, 12:07 PM
You may not get too many Smackdown votes on this site buddy. It's Raw. :cheers:

The Xbox Mafia
10-08-2003, 12:30 PM
lol

Variation-XBA
10-08-2003, 10:29 PM
Raw2 was pretty good, definetly better than Raw1, but story still left me hanging..

SD5's story is supposed to be alot more improved (10 years of past show storylines as well)

After SD is out, i'll decide between raw2, WM19, and SD5 which one to buy.

spectre187
10-10-2003, 11:55 PM
neither...forget the big rich wrestling promotion, go with the underground where the heart is and get backyard wrestling... i just got it today, and i had gotten rid of raw 2... backyard wrestling is great because it's none of the soap opera, wait 20 minutes before a match theatrics of modern wrestling, it's all about the match...

Matt Freegard
10-16-2003, 06:58 AM
RAW 2 may be better looking but the AI is actually the worst ever in a Xbox game!

Smackdown is simply a better game,even if it is on PS2.

BORNGD
10-17-2003, 04:20 PM
i heard backyard wrestling isnt all that great though...gameplay sux??? anyone have a quick review?

Downtown Jimmy
10-22-2003, 03:57 PM
I loved Raw2, but Smackdown HCTP just seems too awesome. It’s not out until next week so your going have to wait. I'm sure they both have their benefits, but Smackdowns new story mode, weight detection, elimination chamber and improved graphics and motion captured moves have the edge over Raw2.

You can always rent them both and see what you like, $5 bones are better than spending $60.

mattgame
10-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Downtown Jimmy
I loved Raw2, but Smackdown HCTP just seems too awesome. It’s not out until next week so your going have to wait. I'm sure they both have their benefits, but Smackdowns new story mode, weight detection, elimination chamber and improved graphics and motion captured moves have the edge over Raw2.

You can always rent them both and see what you like, $5 bones are better than spending $60.

Who let this guy in...., security!:D

spectre187
10-22-2003, 04:53 PM
i've beaten backyard wrestling i got it the day it came out, u can beat it and unlock everything in 3 hours, if you are good and play on easy, you have to then go back and beat it again with every hidden character to unlock the second set of hidden characters...the game is the best "wrestling game" yet...it does a great job of portraying backyard wrestling, but if you are looking for a stereotypical cliched wrestling game get smackdown or sucky raw (which i had and sold real quick)... backyard wrestling is also a great game if you are a juggalo (therefore knowing about juggalo champion**** wrestling) or if you follow independant wrestling organizations, you'll recognize a lot of the people then and you'll love it! the only semi-mainstream guy in it is sabu, and sabu is the ****...he is also a juggalo too believe it or not, lol... so is the hurricane from wwe, and a few other wrestlers outt here you might not have known, we're taking over the wrestling world damn it! hahahahaha but yea its a good game but its not for everyone, i suggest you rent it first if you arent a juggalo... gameplay is fast, sort of like powerstone, takes some getting used to, really really interactive environments, graphics are slightly above average, its a good game, replay value is decent if you have friends (really fun at parties when your drunk off your ass, and jump off your couch and **** on people lol) but yea, rent it first, try it, see if its your cup of tea, its a different game that people really havent played before...ever...

mattgame
10-23-2003, 02:05 PM
Why do you think the game rated so low?

spectre187
10-23-2003, 04:11 PM
to be honest, although most won't believe it... it's because psychopathic records had a part in it...people hate juggalos, it's a known fact, so no matter what juggalos do, it gets put down, ignored, or moved into some hole so no one will find it. my store didn't even order the game, and when i asked why, i was told, because icp is in it...how ****ty is that...thats the only reason i can think of, reviewers are biased, either that or eidos didn't pay off the reviewers like many over at ign do...

LeChuck
10-28-2003, 07:54 PM
SmackDown - Just Bring It owns! Even tho its on PS2, I dont really know about the others (SmackDown 5, Backyard Wrestling) but Just Bring It is great. Its old; yes and the graphics sucks but its good fun :D

Matt Freegard
10-29-2003, 06:30 AM
That's ironic!Why my box is being repaired(I'll stop saying that when I get it back),I've been playing on my bro's PS2 and we've been playing royal rumble and 8 player survival!:D

Comparing RAW to Smackdown is like trying to compare PES3 to FIFA 2004!:cheers:

Gators2001
11-16-2003, 08:02 PM
I would get RAW!

Asunox
12-03-2003, 03:04 PM
Its really a toss-up. If you can look past the strange glitches ( your enemies interfering to beat on your opponent is hilarious ) and like to make up your own story then get Raw 2. If you like twisting story lines, the prospect of being in an elimination chamber match go with Smackdown: HCTP. I have both, I play both, I love both. Flip a coin if you're only willing to buy one :)

Sigma
12-09-2003, 08:37 AM
Here Comes the Pain is the better game by far. The grapple system is much improved from SYM and the character models look fantastic. Plus the story mode is the best ever in a wrestling game. The only drawback was the missing superstars that should have been included in the game, but that is what CAW is for.

RAW 2 on the other hand is an improvement over RAW, but the gameplay is essentialy the same and that is a bad thing. The only thing RAW 2 really has going for it is the entrance features in the CAW mode the custom entrance music is especially cool.

Then we have Backyard Wrestling which IMO is a horrible game. It is full of bugs, the gameplay is nothing like wrestling, and the graphics are horrid. The only good thing about BYW is the killer soundtrack. BYW is really a violent poorly made rip off of Capcom's Power Stone.

I highly suggest Smackdown!: Here Comes the Pain over the other wrestling games on the market. IMO HCTP is the best wrestling game released in the US since No Mercy for the 64.

dizzle
12-11-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Matt Freegard
RAW 2 may be better looking but the AI is actually the worst ever in a Xbox game!

Smackdown is simply a better game,even if it is on PS2.

Thank goodness I rented it first before buying it; the WWF/E games have gone to crap ever since AKI stopped producing them. The best wrestling games were on N64 and Dreamcast (Fire Pro Wrestling D Import). But recently, aside from Smackdown on PS2, all the games have gone to crap. RAW and RAW 2 made me not even consider playing another wrestling game for a long time.

gerbil
12-14-2003, 02:34 AM
hopefully xbox do get a good wrestling game ... smackdown 2 is an awesome game althou its from ps2 ... :cuss:

Generation X
12-14-2003, 12:10 PM
RAW2 all the way. More Realistic gameplay. CAW is the best ever. you Get to upload your own music. Next step would be to upload your own titantron video. And scan your face. But raw2 is still sweet.

Sigma
12-14-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Generation X
RAW2 all the way. More Realistic gameplay. CAW is the best ever. you Get to upload your own music. Next step would be to upload your own titantron video. And scan your face. But raw2 is still sweet.
Realistic gameplay? Since when does professional wrestling consist of running around in circles?

Im sorry but RAW 2 is just a lame wrestling game. Smackdown!: Here Comes the Pain is the clear champ this season. I hope that next years verison of RAW turns out better because there is alot of potential for the series and that is being pushed down by bad gameplay.

memphissheik
12-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Okay...
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
When I first got Raw 2, I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. It had the moves, it had the depth,and it had the personalities.

Now, over the last month, I've been buying playstation 2 games in anticipation of the day I ***** up and actually by one.
Now, I work at a games store, and every once in a while we luck up and get free games.

I've gotten WWE Smackdown HCTP, SSX 3, and most recently Topspin.

Raw's mechanics and charcter models are just amazing to me...
Triple H looks like Triple H and so on..they're just that damn good..

While Smackdown doesn't come close by a longshot....
they did however do a straight out...JOB on the atmosphere as long as the little things.

There was sweat being knocked off during hits.....hair actually swining during the matches..and it just looked like a Smackdown event....

Raw outside of the character models tends to look like a smokey bar....

and that really pissed me off...
why go that far and just stop..
but between men and you....raw is easier to control in my hands.....

smackdown is more polished...simply because it had to be

JB20_2003
12-23-2003, 02:46 AM
Definitly Raw... Gameplay is way better plus RAW is just better then smackdown anyway.

Reclaimer
01-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Well, I'll admit that Raw2 has it's problems, but it looks good. But what keeps me hooked to it is the season mode.
But here's the deal:
Me and 3 other friends are in a season mode using created characters. We also added several other created characters in the season mode. It's just cool like that, helping each other, or hurting each other.. secret alliances, betrayals.. It's pretty interesting. You find out who your friends are when the Rumble comes around.