PDA

View Full Version : What if Halo 2 sucked?

mattgame
10-08-2003, 12:03 PM
I just had this crazy thought and I wanted to share it with all of you and see what you think or what your response would be. Hypothetically speaking; What if Halo 2 sucked? What if the gampaly changed for the worse, it was glitchy, the stroy made no sense, the targeting was shot, I mean how hurt would you be? I would need immediate attention I would be so disappointed. I would probably eat my Xbox. I know I would enter into a deep depression. Sounds pathetic right? I know but I was just thinking that we want it so bad that it would be a tragedy if it wasn't no way near as good as the first one. How would you feel? Or am I the only one who has these concerns? Be honest I know some of you, from what I've read, would probably go on a killing spree and then blame it on Master Chief. :)

jelgiad
10-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
I just had this crazy thought and I wanted to share it with all of you and see what you think or what your response would be. Hypothetically speaking; What if Halo 2 sucked? What if the gampaly changed for the worse, it was glitchy, the stroy made no sense, the targeting was shot, I mean how hurt would you be? I would need immediate attention I would be so disappointed. I would probably eat my Xbox. I know I would enter into a deep depression. Sounds pathetic right? I know but I was just thinking that we want it so bad that it would be a tragedy if it wasn't no way near as good as the first one. How would you feel? Or am I the only one who has these concerns? Be honest I know some of you, from what I've read, would probably go on a killing spree and then blame it on Master Chief. :)

i wouldnt go on a killing spree. Bungie would get a nice little ticking package in the mail though. :D

but seriously, i dont think anyone can help but wonder how well halo 2 is going to turn out, i think the only way they could go wrong is if they make it too complicated w/ all kinds of new features and it ends up being unbearable to play or if they try to do too much with the graphics and really bog down the game.

but if it does turn out bad, i just keep playing halo 1

RudedogX
10-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Blasphemy! Heretic! And you call yourself an XBox Addict!:cuss:

But seriously, if it does, it does, and we move on. You can't get a great game every time.:confused:

lethaldosex
10-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Come On its going to be badass if not its the killing spree thing.

TOMMY_TROJAN
10-08-2003, 12:30 PM
that would blow if halo two sucked:cuss:
I don't think it will, though, and i am really looking forward to playing this game online. XBconnect was fine for the first Halo, but its gonna be even easier and cooler being able to play it through Xbox live.:cool:

The Xbox Mafia
10-08-2003, 12:39 PM
Have you ever seen the lobby gun fight in The Matrix?

FragMaster B
10-08-2003, 12:42 PM
It's gotta RULE! The can't screw it up can they?...

Wait a sec... I said the same thing about Star Wars...

TOMMY_TROJAN
10-08-2003, 12:43 PM
sorry about the double post. how the hell did i do that?:huh:

Diddy
10-08-2003, 01:41 PM
How do you know it wont?

Uchiha Sasuke
10-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Considering how many people are hyping this game up, some may be let down. You never know what will happen.

mattgame
10-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by The Xbox Mafia
Have you ever seen the lobby gun fight in The Matrix?

I love this response.:rofl:

Diddy
10-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Kinda reminds me of XBConnect Halo
http://mysite.freeserve.com/cxgames/eggsbox2/latency.jpg

studepaber
10-08-2003, 02:43 PM
I guess if it sucked I'd go about my life as if nothing happened. What am I saying *laugh* I'd probably go into a deep depression and just sit in my apartment all day without food and water waitin' for the vultures to come. :yikes:

JediMasterChief
10-08-2003, 02:55 PM
It can't suck.

A game that will be over 2 years in the making cannot be bad, especially with all the pressure that is on Bungie. Plus, you've seen the trailers so how can it suck?

If the gameplay of Halo 2 is different from the first Halo, then everybody will go along with it and think that its the new "gameplay style in town".

In other words, it won't suck...

Diddy
10-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Someone's in denial.........

mattgame
10-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief
It can't suck.

A game that will be over 2 years in the making cannot be bad, especially with all the pressure that is on Bungie. Plus, you've seen the trailers so how can it suck?

If the gameplay of Halo 2 is different from the first Halo, then everybody will go along with it and think that its the new "gameplay style in town".

In other words, it won't suck...

Okay, let me be clear for the hypothetically challenged. I am certain that the game will be great I am just saying what if, you know, just to have a little fun. Okay JMC? Now from the top.......

Dre
10-08-2003, 04:28 PM

Okay, let me be clear for the hypothetically challenged. I am certain that the game will be great I am just saying what if, you know, just to have a little fun. Okay JMC? Now from the top.......

Hypothetically, that would suck. But we all know it won't happen. It will be great.

We've seen gameplay, graphics and sound. The little we know of the story sounds great. Only thing we haven't seen that remains to be proved is the XBL play. But with MS backing the game, I'm sure XBL features & gameplay will be phenomonal!

DocHoliday78
10-08-2003, 05:05 PM
Then it would probably be the biggest let down for any game ever.

kenji
10-08-2003, 06:03 PM
That's a really bad thought. I would probably be really ****ed of at Bungie. But if Microsoft want to sell their next Xbox, Halo 2 can't suck.

l Maximus l
10-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Hypothetically, if Halo 2 actually sucked? Oh man...I would likely put my XBox back in it's box and retire from XBA...lol

But, we all know this won't happen, therefore, it won't suck :D

Shadow20002
10-08-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Hypothetically, if Halo 2 actually sucked? Oh man...I would likely put my XBox back in it's box and retire from XBA...lol

But, we all know this won't happen, therefore, it won't suck :D

Stop saying something bad about it or it will be for real !! :watchout:

Ford Mustang
10-08-2003, 09:32 PM
This is me if halo 2 sucked:
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH"

lol...Gotta love spamming.

But seriously, there's no way that this game will suck. Bungie has a huge hurdle to clear, and I'm confident that they'll do it and do it with flying colors, so to speak.

Halo 2 will rule all. :D

Dark Enemy
10-08-2003, 11:41 PM
I've thought about it but from all the hype some people might get let down but i doubt it. Microsoft knows that they cant make it bad so they are giving bungie its time to do it. But to me Adding just xbox live is a deal to me. But with more maps, better graphics, more vehicles. It cant Suck:D

Cryogenic Pyro
10-09-2003, 12:46 AM
If this game sucks, then the balance of the universe will be completely thrown off it's hinges, and it will completely destroy the laws of the universe, also.

l Maximus l
10-09-2003, 12:56 AM
The release of Halo 2 will actually improve my life.... kinda wierd if you think about it :D

mattgame
10-09-2003, 08:30 AM
Now doesn' t this feel good to express the fears that may be inside of us all? This is helping me to relax and relieve my fears.

Se7en
10-09-2003, 10:01 AM
By the sound of things on this board- It's the only answer that makes sense.

Put the controllers down, and bust out the Green robes and Kool-Aid.

I have to admit I'd be really disappointed, but like so many others have said, I really don't see how this game could possibly be bad. It would be pretty funny though- Kinda like if Lebron James turns out to be another Joe Smith.

mattgame
10-09-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Se7en
By the sound of things on this board- It's the only answer that makes sense.

Put the controllers down, and bust out the Green robes and Kool-Aid.

I have to admit I'd be really disappointed, but like so many others have said, I really don't see how this game could possibly be bad. It would be pretty funny though- Kinda like if Lebron James turns out to be another Joe Smith.

Great analogy.:)

deadbolt
10-09-2003, 10:25 AM
OK I have to agree with you guys I don't really think there can be anyway for Halo 2 to be to awfully bad unless......riddled with bugs, lock ups, etc, but i figure they will surely be able to come up with at least a *couple* of people who wouldn't mind play testing it for free
But in the back of my mind i keep hearing......brute force.....brute force.... and I wake up from terrible nightmares about overhyped games.

But don't worry i'll just pray to the dark lord bill that they get it right so i'm sure it will be awesome.

mattgame
10-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by deadbolt
OK I have to agree with you guys I don't really think there can be anyway for Halo 2 to be to awfully bad unless......riddled with bugs, lock ups, etc, but i figure they will surely be able to come up with at least a *couple* of people who wouldn't mind play testing it for free
But in the back of my mind i keep hearing......brute force.....brute force.... and I wake up from terrible nightmares about overhyped games.

But don't worry i'll just pray to the dark lord bill that they get it right so i'm sure it will be awesome.

You see , I knew there were other people who had similar fears to what I am suffering. You have had nightmares already. I have too. It's scary right? That's why I created this thread so that we can get it out and wait comfortably. :)

Shadow20002
10-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Just wait and see. :cool:

Diddy
10-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Exactly!!!

I heard there will be a Flamethrower in Halo 2, cuz there is on in Halo PC. That'll be sick.

Professor Kaos
10-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Diddy
Exactly!!!

I heard there will be a Flamethrower in Halo 2, cuz there is on in Halo PC. That'll be sick.
There's a flamethrower in Halo for xbox, it's there but it's not, I was in the maw one time and jumped out of the warthog for some reason, went down a hallway and it said "Press X to pick up flamethrower". I almost shat myself. The codec(sp) is in the game but the flamethrower itself is not actually there.
EDIT: here's a video (http://rampancy.net/?q=node%2Fview%2F3351)

DocHoliday78
10-09-2003, 05:06 PM
Yeah i heard about that. But you have to have a "diffrent" xbox. It cant casue any dmg though which is pretty lame.

CMX Jedi
10-09-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Playya

There's a flamethrower in Halo for xbox, it's there but it's not, I was in the maw one time and jumped out of the warthog for some reason, went down a hallway and it said "Press X to pick up flamethrower". I almost shat myself. The codec(sp) is in the game but the flamethrower itself is not actually there.
EDIT: here's a video (http://rampancy.net/?q=node%2Fview%2F3351)
omg look at the guy with the flame thrower hes just sliding around

pepitonet
10-09-2003, 07:13 PM
i wouldn't be surpriced if games like halo 2,fable were to be disappointing since too much hype isn't good plus Halo 2 comes from a good game not much to add besides live support and new weapon,veh
icles

MerimacHamwich
10-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Step one: Reseal the game
Step two: get in car
Step three: drive to store
Step four: Return the game.

Conchord
10-09-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by jelgiad
but seriously, i dont think anyone can help but wonder how well halo 2 is going to turn out

Exactly. Its not a question of if it WILL be good or bad, but just how good. I personally feel it should be called 'Halo 1.5.' The core of the gameplay hasnt even been changed, just new levels, guns, vehicles, animations, and upped graphics. Which kicks ass, Im just saying this is more like a continuation of Halo than a sequel.

DocHoliday78
10-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by xbocks

Exactly. Its not a question of if it WILL be good or bad, but just how good. I personally feel it should be called 'Halo 1.5.' The core of the gameplay hasnt even been changed, just new levels, guns, vehicles, animations, and upped graphics. Which kicks ass, Im just saying this is more like a continuation of Halo than a sequel.
No, halo 1.5 is the pc version. Have you not seen the new movies? There are huge changes w/ the warthogs. Marines can now drive. The atmosphere is totally changed. Besides with live capability its over. That right there makes it all worht the wait.

Conchord
10-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
No, halo 1.5 is the pc version.

Not really. More like Halo 1.1. And like I said about Halo 2, the core gameplay is exactly the same. Do you really think that driving Marines are gonna go somewhere different every time you hop in? Please-their driving will be scripted. So its not THAT great, although it was a smart move. And yes I have seen the movies-by huge changes with the warthogs, I take it you mean bumpmapping and new guns? Those arent really THAT big of changes.

MerimacHamwich
10-10-2003, 06:32 PM
xbocks, in your reasoning all of the football games would have hit version 2.0 this year, maybe. All of the final fantasies would still be on version 1.5 and so many other games wouldn't be what they are. Halo 2 is a continuation of Halo 1, just like Fever 2004 is a continuation of Fever 2003.

CMX Jedi
10-10-2003, 06:42 PM
hmmm

Conchord
10-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
xbocks, in your reasoning all of the football games would have hit version 2.0 this year, maybe. All of the final fantasies would still be on version 1.5 and so many other games wouldn't be what they are. Halo 2 is a continuation of Halo 1, just like Fever 2004 is a continuation of Fever 2003.

Which is why sports games should never be retailed at anything over $30....your just paying 50 bucks for a slighty better version than last years game.

All the Final Fantasies? I thought this was about xbox???

TheCovenant
10-11-2003, 10:32 PM
When xbox was first announced, there were so many great games that were coming out. MOst of them were disappoinments.

I remember the first time they said that 'ENCLAVE' would not support internet, lan, or or even standard multiplayer. I was really depressed. I thought i had wasted my money on the xbox, which back then was a hefty 500 bux for the pre order.

I f halo 2 sucked, that would be the end of video games for me. Or at least the end of xbox.

Luckily i would pay 50 dollars just to WATCH someone play that 8 minute trailer.

But still, i remember when the matrix reloaded was really hyped up, and i ended up liking it only after i viewed it multiple times. I sincerely hope this isnt the case with halo.

Adawg
10-18-2003, 11:32 PM
Halo 2 will never suck...even if did peeps would still live and die by it...I know I would.

mattgame
10-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Adawg
Halo 2 will never suck...even if did peeps would still live and die by it...I know I would.

I would hope that it doesn't suck. However, the possibility remains. I would buy it and then eat it if it sucked.:D

Warchant
10-20-2003, 01:25 PM
wow...I don't know what I'd do if Halo 2 sucked...I would be lost in life without it

mattgame
10-20-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Warchant
wow...I don't know what I'd do if Halo 2 sucked...I would be lost in life without it

Think. Be creative.:)

Warchant
10-20-2003, 03:29 PM
actually i would probably just go back to playing regular halo on xbc

Conchord
10-20-2003, 07:38 PM
id just play Halo 1 for PC online. Mods!

StudioAlex
10-21-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief
It can't suck.

A game that will be over 2 years in the making cannot be bad,

Haven't you ever heard of Tomb Raider?

If the game did blow, which I estimate to be a pretty small, even minute, chance, I would probably play another game.

After I killed everyone in the world.

Stygard
10-21-2003, 05:11 PM
I guess if Halo2 sucks there is always Fable, and it is not like we lost anything, we will still have Halo. But judging from trailers, media articles and general hype this game shouldn't suck. But who am I to say.

Conchord
10-21-2003, 07:10 PM
if halo 2 sucked, then there is nothing we could do about it. except ***** at bungie and fecitate on our xboxes.

mattgame
10-22-2003, 08:38 AM
if halo 2 sucked, then there is nothing we could do about it. except ***** at bungie and fecitate on our xboxes.

Now that's funny!

gerbil
10-22-2003, 09:06 AM
if halo2 sux .. thats it with me .. i'm coming out of the closet!

hang out with some old friends that i haven't seen
have a couple of buds :cheers:
do nuthing but think of how TOFU is good for you .. :watchout: :D

Conchord
10-22-2003, 07:45 PM
what if brute force sucks? oh, wait!

:P

Ugunnalose
10-22-2003, 11:33 PM
It cant suck and it wont suck guarenteed

Conchord
10-23-2003, 09:10 PM
ill bet a buck it disappoints....just a buck. ;)

George89
10-29-2003, 06:25 PM
I REALLY doubt that this game will be bad.

mattgame
10-30-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by George89
I REALLY doubt that this game will be bad.

Let's get this back on track: What if is hypothetical. This thread was meant to be fun. I am not saying that Halo2 will suck but what if it did? What would you do? That's all. "As each day passes the days become few and few, until the blessed day arrives that Bungie releases Halo2." Feel that? That's anxiety. That's what motivated me to start this thread to relieve some of my own anxiety. Have fun with it and relax.:D

Conchord
11-01-2003, 04:01 PM
I think Halo 2 is going to be EXACTLY like Halo plus a few minor changes...thats all. I dont think it will top its predecessor...

c_a_i_l_l_o_u
11-02-2003, 08:37 PM
I think Halo 2 is going to be EXACTLY like Halo plus a few minor changes...thats all. I dont think it will top its predecessor...
it will pass its predecessor cause it will be online

ghost 009
11-03-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by c_a_i_l_l_o_u

it will pass its predecessor cause it will be online

no it will also pass because of its better graphics, more guns, more vehicles. Now halo the first time I played it gave me this funny feeling and my friend said it before I did, he said he felt as if he was high (but hes never been high). Thats what made it so great. Now the people who have never played Halo then play this game are in for a real treat. My friend said he'd wait to beat the game with me but he waited to long and every day I didn't go to his house and play that was like not doing drugs for some people on here (i dont do drugs).lol

Clever
11-05-2003, 10:49 PM
didnt read thru any post but if it does suck, consider the Xbox DOOMED:(

But that wont happen!:p

mattgame
11-06-2003, 08:28 AM

Blasphemer!:D

Conchord
11-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Whoa, whoa whoa. When I said EXACTLY like Halo I meant gameplay wise...lol easy kids. NO **** the graphics will be better. No **** it will be online. I know it will have more guns and vehicles. Duh. All I'm saying is it will feel EXACTLY like Halo. Which is a good thing.

Stormlord
11-06-2003, 08:11 PM
If it sucked then I'll play Deus Ex 2. It'll no doubt disappoint some people but not me. Heck I find Brute Force fun so this should blow me away.

Anyways the only reason why someone would find a game sucky is if they read a feature in the game and took it way out of context. Like Halo 2 will have destructable terrain just enough to make it noticable that there was a battle. Somewhere out there someone is going to expect to blow up an entire city block. Then they'll start to say it sucks because when they read about a feature they imagined something totally different.

But we all know Halo 2 will be the best game on Xbox. Heh, the other day I jokingly on LIVE said that the Halo 2 single-player will just be a bonus and the real game will be online like RtCW but some people did agree. :confused:

mattgame
11-07-2003, 08:36 AM
Whoa, whoa whoa. When I said EXACTLY like Halo I meant gameplay wise...lol easy kids. NO **** the graphics will be better. No **** it will be online. I know it will have more guns and vehicles. Duh. All I'm saying is it will feel EXACTLY like Halo. Which is a good thing.

I thank you for your clarification. BTW do you know when Halo 2 is coming out?

Conchord
11-07-2003, 02:39 PM

I thank you for your clarification. BTW do you know when Halo 2 is coming out?

Who knows for sure. I heard some say that its possible in december and if that happens i will be happy, but the release date is march i think....april maybe?

BunnyRabbit
11-08-2003, 01:21 AM
They wouldnt make Halo2 suck because if Bungie did...Theyd be royally screwed when it comes to future games because screwin over xbox gamers of a quality game sequel will result in some mjor bad talking and nobody will ever buy anything from em.

Anyways yeah I heard the DEC thing but now that I heard indefinite its likely to come out as late as DEC-04

WHICH IT BETTER NOT BE THAT LONG!

ghost 009
11-08-2003, 08:46 AM
oh I know but I dont know if it will be exactly the same unless you dont play halo untill halo 2 comes out then invite your friends over to play co-op on halo 2.:D

Conchord
11-08-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
They wouldnt make Halo2 suck because if Bungie did...Theyd be royally screwed when it comes to future games because screwin over xbox gamers of a quality game sequel will result in some mjor bad talking and nobody will ever buy anything from em.

Anyways yeah I heard the DEC thing but now that I heard indefinite its likely to come out as late as DEC-04

WHICH IT BETTER NOT BE THAT LONG!

It will be...

BunnyRabbit
11-08-2003, 08:07 PM
Hey...has anybody heard any news on whether or not Co-Op will allow more than 2 people this time...I mean It should have a maximum of 4 not 2...

Stormlord
11-08-2003, 08:57 PM
Hey...has anybody heard any news on whether or not Co-Op will allow more than 2 people this time...I mean It should have a maximum of 4 not 2...

Sad to say that Bungie is keeping us in the dark about progress and features like id. This game had better be the awesomist game since.....I don't know. But yeah hopefully it'll be 4 people. It'll be cool if you can become those soldiers at the beginning of the E3 trailer (the ones putting on helmets in the drop ship that looks similar to the master chief. I think those are the shock troops mentioned in the book Fall of Reach. :cheers:

Conchord
11-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
It'll be cool if you can become those soldiers at the beginning of the E3 trailer (the ones putting on helmets in the drop ship that looks similar to the master chief. I think those are the shock troops mentioned in the book Fall of Reach. :cheers:

Those are just Marines with battle armor. The shock troops you speak of deploy via airpods, one soldier to one pod-kinda like the Saber-Elites you saw at the end of that trailer.

BunnyRabbit
11-09-2003, 12:16 AM
I think there should be some ship to ship battle...I mean like in the book Fall Of Reach where the ship began to attack them and MC jumped off the ship with a thruster pack and landed abouad the enemy ship...and afterwards took it out. You should have some ship to ship battle and should be able to control dropships on bothsides of the war: Covenant and Human...But dont forget in the ending of the first Halo the enemies looked all super and different...like even the midgets had threatening weapons..LoL(Grunts)

Oh and is it just me...or should someone important die in this game? It has to happen.

Conchord
11-10-2003, 03:26 PM
I think there should be some ship to ship battle...I mean like in the book Fall Of Reach where the ship began to attack them and MC jumped off the ship with a thruster pack and landed abouad the enemy ship...and afterwards took it out. You should have some ship to ship battle and should be able to control dropships on bothsides of the war: Covenant and Human...But dont forget in the ending of the first Halo the enemies looked all super and different...like even the midgets had threatening weapons..LoL(Grunts)

Oh and is it just me...or should someone important die in this game? It has to happen.

I saw an MG mounted in the Pelican in the E3 video, so you prolly can fly around in the dropship. In one of the first Halo 2 videos released Master Chief DOEs shoot off of a marine craft and it shows him floating towards a Covenant vessel in space, with the Earth in the background.

BunnyRabbit
11-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Oh yea that I remember...That reminds me of Fall Of Reach even more now...Cortana told him be careful not to miss...and he said I wont and dove...welll in the book there was a big deal about being careful to not miss and to get in before the plasma shields regenerate so yea the possibilities...how aesome...

Oh and another thing abou that demo E3 movie...Thos marines drove a little to well...They need to sloppy em up and have em make mistakes for a more real effect...Maybe go the wrong way or crash into something.:p

Conchord
11-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Oh yea that I remember...That reminds me of Fall Of Reach even more now...Cortana told him be careful not to miss...and he said I wont and dove...welll in the book there was a big deal about being careful to not miss and to get in before the plasma shields regenerate so yea the possibilities...how aesome...

Oh and another thing abou that demo E3 movie...Thos marines drove a little to well...They need to sloppy em up and have em make mistakes for a more real effect...Maybe go the wrong way or crash into something.:p

Or have them run off cliffs, or over other marines...nobodies human! their paths looked to linear...Im not sure if the replay will be as big on the single player as it was in Halo...not if the AI does the same thing every time....Medal of Honor: Frontline, anyone?

BunnyRabbit
11-10-2003, 06:06 PM
Yea, marines arent perfect especially by far when Spartans make mistakes. The marines would round corners perectly and go straight to the edge of the cliff and drive straight along its edge.

I mean they gotta swrve they have to make mistakes....If marines dont make mistakes ill shoot them in the head and drive and wreck the hog myself.

I want enemies to attack different. I want there to be the easter eggs and tricks where you get out of the map or use vehicles you shouldnt be able to on a certain map.

Stormlord
11-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Well you don't have to shoot'em in the head Bunny Rabbit you saddistic looney. J/k, You can just press the X button when you're near the drivers seat and they'll get out. Atleast that's how it is on Halo, don't know about the sequel though. Hopefully now you do have the choice to be gunner or driver. :cheers:

BunnyRabbit
11-10-2003, 09:16 PM
Thats a great IDEA bunnyrabbit....they should have a gunning driver....

All u need is one hand on the wheel and the other arm pointing the gun out the window...Yea I like the sound of that... THEY SHOULD USE THAT!

Right after they pay me 2.6million monayroos for the idea!

MUAHAHAHA!:p

or Ill just sue for twice the amount after they use it.

dmos
11-12-2003, 03:20 AM
I've often thought about this, nay- layed awake at night fearing it.
It would crush me if halo 2 was not amazing. I figure, every single possible thing must be AT LEAST as good as the original, because we'd all be happy with the original with new vehicles, guns, maps, and XBL play.

I have horrid visions of getting together with 16 buds to play, and having to argue over whether to play halo 1 or 2..... brghgrhghjhjewgh , there should be NO QUESTION about it.

Things in my opinion that would ruin halo-2:
1. No link mode -- This would kill the entire game for many. Scarily, I can even see it as a move MS would push for, to discourage XBC play and get people to buy live. But, I really doubt bungie would do this to us, they're smart, they know how much link mode means to halo.

2. If the added graphic features and advancements cause the game to get super choppy in multiplayer. -- I doubt this one will happen, but it's possible.

3. lack of individualizing MP options-- this probably wouldn't ruin it, but i demand things we missed in halo 1. Like detailed carreer player stats, ability to customize the appearance of the MC (not to the point of creating unfair advantage though), etc.

4. lack of cool XBL updates -- With H2 being touted as the definitive XBL experience, i really expect there to be regular awesome updates. Many new maps, perhaps new weaponry or even vehicles, and new game types. I hope bungie is going with a very modular programming style with H2, to make for easy updates to all sorts of things.

I would say that my fears are unfounded though, both MS and bungie know how important Halo2 is, and bungie wouldn't let out a non-awesome halo2 unless MS really forces them to.

mattgame
11-12-2003, 09:26 AM
You just scared the crap outta me.:D

mordecai
11-13-2003, 01:04 AM
I know I shouldn't be so sure but Halo 2 will probabley be at least as good as the first. Has anyone here played other games by Bungie? Myth and Myth 2 were really well made. Oni was steller but it surely didn't suck. I know anything is possible, but it seems more likely that I'll get hit by a meteorite tomorow then Halo 2 sucking.

Conchord
11-13-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by mordecai
I know I shouldn't be so sure but Halo 2 will probabley be at least as good as the first. Has anyone here played other games by Bungie? Myth and Myth 2 were really well made. Oni was steller but it surely didn't suck. I know anything is possible, but it seems more likely that I'll get hit by a meteorite tomorow then Halo 2 sucking.

If you DO get hit by a meteorite, can I have your stereo?

mattgame
11-13-2003, 03:19 PM

If you DO get hit by a meteorite, can I have your stereo? :rofl:

mordecai
11-13-2003, 09:29 PM
Ya, you can have my stereo but I will put a curse on it and it will get hit by another meteorite. Muhahaha.
Sweet revenge.

Conchord
11-14-2003, 10:35 AM
That's fine with me, its gonna be a present to my sister!
http://www.frinkian.com/images/smiles/devil2.gif

BunnyRabbit
11-14-2003, 10:06 PM
That's fine with me, its gonna be a present to my sister!
http://www.frinkian.com/images/smiles/devil2.gif

Hahaha...good one. And dang xbocks I barely know its you anymore without the chick and her surfboard avatar...Bring it baaaaack! LoLz...

Conchord
11-15-2003, 05:03 AM

Hahaha...good one. And dang xbocks I barely know its you anymore without the chick and her surfboard avatar...Bring it baaaaack! LoLz...

I think I found a better one...

BunnyRabbit
11-15-2003, 11:37 AM

I think I found a better one...

:cheers: That is a good one. Now Ill always know you are you! heheheheh:D

Conchord
11-15-2003, 06:48 PM
What if Xbox 2 sucked? didnt feel like startin a whooe nother thread...

BunnyRabbit
11-16-2003, 01:43 PM
There is one sucky thing I already heard about it. I hear it won't play regular 'ole Xbox games. Why wouldn't they do that? Well, if the don't do that there better be loads of awesome extras in its place..OR ILL BE ANGRY!!:cuss:

No but really they bess not be stupid on Numba 2:p

Ruined
11-16-2003, 03:13 PM
I'd be pissed :)

Conchord
11-16-2003, 05:41 PM
There is one sucky thing I already heard about it. I hear it won't play regular 'ole Xbox games. Why wouldn't they do that? Well, if the don't do that there better be loads of awesome extras in its place..OR ILL BE ANGRY!!:cuss:

No but really they bess not be stupid on Numba 2:p

It better not cost anything over 250 bucks, either...

j_pcate
11-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Halo 2 better be damn good after they had all this time to make it. They made us wait this long, so i dont think that they would dissapoint us.

BunnyRabbit
11-16-2003, 09:43 PM

It better not cost anything over 250 bucks, either...

Im with you right there. It better be more affordable. Also, it best be smart and come out during the holidays because at no other time will 200$ or more be spent on me.