PDA

View Full Version : Are there going to be any more light gun games in the near future???

The Xbox Mafia
10-08-2003, 12:04 PM
I was thinking of buying a lightgun when I realised that theres only one game which know of that supports one (House oF The Dead 3) So are there any other games on the market which will support a lightgun.

Tim
10-08-2003, 12:39 PM
I don't have a link, but I read that Silent Scope is going to have a light gun. I know I read this, I just can't remember where. Mabe someone else has link....

Variation-XBA
10-08-2003, 10:36 PM
Stoarsky and Hutch supports it as well.. Gun+Steering wheel is SOOO fun... :)

Shadow20002
10-09-2003, 01:34 PM
By the way, Virtual Cop 3 is coming but you need to wait a little.

Hugh_Jass
10-10-2003, 07:55 AM
Since light guns don't work with front projectors, rear projection TVs, or HDTV I think this device will die into obscurity soon. Too many people can't use them.

Variation-XBA
10-10-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
Since light guns don't work with front projectors, rear projection TVs, or HDTV I think this device will die into obscurity soon. Too many people can't use them.

You'ld be surpised how many RF adapters we sell daily at work for every system... =/

spectre187
10-12-2003, 12:54 AM
OMG virtua cop 3 for xbox!!!!!!! i hope that comes out so bad i love gun games, this weekend i picked up house of the dead 3 (which also contains part 2 on it) and 2 guns and it is just great...i can't wait for virtua cop 3 i had no idea that was comming out, happy happy!

Reclaimer
10-13-2003, 05:16 PM
I love light gun games, but I just don't think they work out for consoles. I had lethal enforcers for the NES, and I had Time Crisis for my PS1, and the one thing that struck me is that you are not level with the TV. I hate that. I like the arcades where the screen is level with you. So basically, with the console shooters, you have to take an unnatural stance to play. Either shooting whole sitting on the floor, or from a chair.. an so forth. I find it to be a pain in the ass.

DIGITAL
10-14-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
I love light gun games, but I just don't think they work out for consoles. I had lethal enforcers for the NES, and I had Time Crisis for my PS1, and the one thing that struck me is that you are not level with the TV. I hate that. I like the arcades where the screen is level with you. So basically, with the console shooters, you have to take an unnatural stance to play. Either shooting whole sitting on the floor, or from a chair.. an so forth. I find it to be a pain in the ass. buit tv on a shelf or dresser so its leveled ,problem solved:D

Shadow20002
10-14-2003, 12:44 PM
I think the best way to play lightgun games is going to Arcade, all you have to do is putting 75 cents and play directly there. The only pain you will get it's being tired to stand around 45 minutes.

Reclaimer
10-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
buit tv on a shelf or dresser so its leveled ,problem solved:D

Not really a feasible plan with my 36 inch TV. Better to just stick with the arcades.

Mephestipholes
10-18-2003, 03:43 AM
Gun games are fun, but eventually, most likely will be wipped out. FPS games like halo and the others are just gunna wipe the floor with em so have fun until u get bored, then every now and then visit the arcades to relive and remember how happy u where to get rid of the thing.

ScottTheKilla
10-23-2003, 01:41 PM
Are you sure virtua cop 3 is coming to xbox? I heard sega announced they currently have no plans to release virtua cop or outrun series for xbox even though their arcade counterparts use xbox hardware. Im sure it will eventually be released though..

OH ya and I think that Area 51 game is being ported to xbox.

spectre187
10-23-2003, 04:13 PM
see if you can find me a link to that cuz area 51 is a great game... also plans for virtua cop got canned :( and silent scope complete won't be very good without the gun...

ScottTheKilla
10-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Reported right here actually...

AREA 51 (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/profile/not_released.php?Product_ID=442)