PDA

View Full Version : The new sixth sense for the XBoX

Lightwave Freak
12-22-2001, 12:59 PM
Ok, it wouldnt be the sixth sense, mabey just the fourth i think. But what if they made a new out put device for the xbox that let u smell stuff? U know, kinda like that thing that they're developing for the computer... Its supposed to recieve digital information which is then used to produce various oders. There supposed to be several hundreds of tiny little thiingies inside that give off a unique smell. With all of those combined, u could have tens of thousands of different smells... Now u might be wandering, why in the world you would want to smell your game... Good question... I think that stimulation by smell could actually enhance the experience. You know feel like your actually there... I think it would be pretty nifty if i was in a FPS game, to be able to smell the gunpowder after I unloaded a couple of clips from my Assault rifle....:D What do you think?

Does anyone know where u can go to find info about that sniffer technology for the computer?

DIGITAL
12-22-2001, 01:33 PM
but i wouldnt be able to smell anything excpet for the weed that i smoke every time i turn on my box

Lightwave Freak
12-22-2001, 02:18 PM
..... well... uh... i guess i never thought of that.... hmmm....:confused:

Imported
12-22-2001, 02:22 PM
Ohh to smell the chicks in Dead or Alive 3 when there on top of me kicking my ass.

Lightwave Freak
12-22-2001, 02:59 PM
yeah that too i guess... But im allergic to makeup...:(

Brian
12-22-2001, 03:03 PM
I think he was talking about fish?

Koopa
12-22-2001, 04:16 PM
i'd rather have some different sensory stuff, such as more innovative use of rumble packs, then a gimmick like smell-o-vision.

Lightwave Freak
12-22-2001, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
i'd rather have some different sensory stuff, such as more innovative use of rumble packs, then a gimmick like smell-o-vision.
I dont think that it would be called that because vision means sight, and as we all know, sight differs from smell. ;) But, that makes me think of something, what about feeling heat... Of course u would have to be careful around fires but...

xboxlover
12-23-2001, 04:48 AM
If in a game like max payne with the smell on would be bad cause u go into one of those dingey littl toilets in the game which are as dirty as hell and u would be sick from the smell.

Lightwave Freak
12-23-2001, 07:43 AM
it would encourage you not to get stuck in a game...:D

monkeyman
12-23-2001, 09:57 AM
they should make the x-box thingy on the controller lickable so you can lick things LIKE YOUR SHOE!!!!!

RubaDubStyle311
12-23-2001, 12:18 PM
Actually the smell sensory thing is not a bad idea. Scientists have done studies that show smells can change the way you feel about just about any environment your in during everyday life. I personally believe in all the scientific research on it because smells can bring me back to a past memory when I smell a certain thing, it's weird, but if put into a game I think the setting would come to life alot more. I think they should also work on something to put on youor hands and feet so that you can feel things programmed into the game instead of just rumble packs.

Brian
12-23-2001, 12:29 PM
Too many people will get it taken away due to usage of inhalants;getting high. lol :p

Lightwave Freak
12-23-2001, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by RubaDubStyle311
I think they should also work on something to put on youor hands and feet so that you can feel things programmed into the game instead of just rumble packs.

thats a good idea RubaDubStyle311.... that would be cool...