PDA

View Full Version : Play Halo PC With Xbox Controller

Xboxbeyond
10-08-2003, 10:41 PM
If anyone is interested go here:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=xboxbeyond&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Variation-XBA
10-08-2003, 10:45 PM
Cool, didn't think it would be long.. But i'll pass..

I thought KB/mouse was awkward at first, but it works for me in the end (though I still prefer XB controller+halo)

Xboxbeyond
10-08-2003, 10:54 PM
Yeah, playing Halo PC with the mouse and keyboad was very awkward for me at first too. I guess it takes a little bit of getting use to. Alot of my friends are playing Halo PC with their Xbox controller and they're rocking all the other players. See you guys online.

DocHoliday78
10-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Dude play with a mouse. Mouse aim rapes all controller aim.

BCan
10-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Heres another place to try

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-2b-70-252-4-14.html

yeszir
10-09-2003, 04:10 PM
im staying away from pc version. I could NEVER get used to a keyboard and mouse. Plus, why buy the same game twice, online support shmonline support.

Professor Kaos
10-09-2003, 04:36 PM
Or you can go here. (http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?category=83&)

l Maximus l
10-10-2003, 01:06 AM
It would seem to me that playing Halo with a keyboard and mouse wouldn't feel like.........Halo. But, that's just me.

I would get Halo PC if I had a strong enough machine to support it. :(

mastermind
10-10-2003, 01:22 AM
i have the usb adapter but i cant find the driver any where .....can someone please help me ,,,,,,,,,cheers

WynnFire
10-10-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by BCan
Heres another place to try

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-2b-70-252-4-14.html

I just got this one. It came from Hong Kong in about 4 days. I was blown away. It doesn't come with any driviers though, but it's a really really small download from their site. It's cool, all the buttons are already mapped. It works great, of course I do prefer the mouse and keyboard though.

I tried it with the other games I have (and I have a lot) and worked great, especially on MS Flight Simulater 2002.

mastermind
10-10-2003, 02:34 AM
i have downloaded the drivers but dont know how to get it to work , can you help please?

Chaotic
10-10-2003, 06:12 AM
Make your own ;)

And about the drivers, just install them. Then go to control panel/controllers and you should see your xbox controller listed. Then just add it and test it.

JJaX
10-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Dude play with a mouse. Mouse aim rapes all controller aim.

Well said :wink:

KB + mouse owns any controller. And if you think otherwise you are just a sad n00b that probabley sees the words "lol lol pwned" a lot.

l Maximus l
10-10-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Well said :wink:

KB + mouse owns any controller. And if you think otherwise you are just a sad n00b that probabley sees the words "lol lol pwned" a lot.

To me, it seems cheap to use a keyboard and mouse...especially the mouse. How difficult is it to aim with that? I think it is way too easy. I like the challenge with the controller better. To me, that takes more skill.

WynnFire
10-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by mastermind
i have downloaded the drivers but dont know how to get it to work , can you help please?

Unzip the folder containing the drivers into a new folder. Then when you have the cable connect it to the Xbox controller. After that connect it to a free usb port. The operating system you are using should see it and ask for drivers. Browse your hard drive for the folder you created with the drivers and click ok. It should find them and then find another set of drivers and proceed to install them. Now go into the Control Panel to Game controllers and see if the controller is seen. If so, fire up halo and go into the game control options. The controller driver should be on the right or left side of the screen. I think all you have to do is click on it and it will go to the opposite side. After that choose the controller option instead of keyboard and mouse, start/load a game, and you should be able to use the controller. That's how I did it. Of course, I'm using WinXp Home, what about you? If you have any other questions, PM me.