PDA

View Full Version : Virtua Fighter 4

StudioAlex
12-22-2001, 02:28 PM
Any word on when the "platform agnostic" sega is going to port what may be the greatest brawlin game ever to the Box? Also, has anyone seen any new info on the Kentokou Chojin (yeah, I messed up the spelling) game?

Ninja Scroll
12-23-2001, 08:56 PM
Yo son,
sorry to tell you but as of the time Sega announced VF4 on Ps2 they said it would be an exclusive to Sony's crappy system for a full year!
I last read this info in a past Next-Generation magazine.
I love the VF series myself, but I dont think this news will matter that much in the USA since most people dont care for the Virtua Fighter series over here.
it's in japan where xbox will suffer since the Japanese worship VF over there like the series is a God or something.
Hopefully someday it will come but as long as we care getting Soul Calibur 2 (which we are :) ) that's all I care about right now!

StudioAlex
12-25-2001, 07:36 PM
Yeah, what's the deal with that? Why would americans rather play Tekken than a game that actually takes time and effort to master? =p

Ninja Scroll
12-27-2001, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
Yeah, what's the deal with that? Why would americans rather play Tekken than a game that actually takes time and effort to master? =p

Well Alex I can answer that for you in so little few words.
First off, most Americans dont have the patience to take time to learn anything Note: that's a negetive for VF and a positive for tekken being it is nothing but a button masher.
2. Tekken is a flash in da pants with over the top moves.
VF is the most realistic fighter ever created and will bore most americans. the only fake looking move in VF is when Kage does the crazy throw in the air. btw, it looked more realistic when he performed it on the sumo wrestler in VF3.
But me, im one of the few that has the patience for a game like VF.
How many people in america can say the pulled off Akira's masterfully difficult combo? Im one.
Now ask how many can do all those corny cheesy Eddy Gordo moves? Just about everyone and their grandmother can!:p

Big Ben
12-27-2001, 02:38 PM
Right on!

VF has been the best fighting game series since the 2D Street Fighter days... it's sad to see Sega hold it as a one year PS2 exclusive, but after bowing out of the hardware race, I'm sure their getting paid well for it. All that you can hope for is that Sega comes to their senses after the 1-year period is up.

The only thing that Tekken offers that VF doesn't (at least since the last time I played VF) is the tag team option, but I'm sure that'll be packed into 4, right? Right? (wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more)

-Big Ben

Ninja Scroll
12-28-2001, 11:57 AM
Um,........Ben.. I think you know the answer about the tag mode in VF4 right?
Well, as of now it's not in the Japanese arcade versions (and their are a couple VF4 version in Japan) thus far.
I think the tag team battle modes in Dead Or Alive 2 & 3 are waaaaaaaaaaay better then the Tekken Tag joints!

But simular to what you were refering too. Sega needs to make big profits for the years to come just to get out of the red!
Their debt to so f'n out of hand it's crazy. The just posted as 6th or 7th years in a row of losing millions!
The are without question get royalties for the exclusive 1 year PS2 deal just like people such as Tecmo for making DOA3 exclusive to the Xbox.
Sega is doing what they gotta do for now. But the question is after year on the PS2 will any Xbox owners care for VF4 when we will all have Soul Calibur 2 and who knows what other fighting games will be out by that time!

Big Ben
12-28-2001, 12:04 PM
That name.... it makes me drool.... ugh.... Soul Calibur 2.... ugh... Excuse me, I need to grab some kleenex.

-Big Ben

StudioAlex
12-28-2001, 07:52 PM
You know I never saw what the big deal is about tagging in fighting games. Maybe I can't appreciate it because I never did get around to playing the supposed master of the genre, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, because it seemed to be more about craziness than serious fighting perfection. HAha. That sounds like some buzzword a japenese developer would use for their new fighting game. Anyway, Soul Calibur 2 should be good. Hopefully it will make people forget about tekken.

Ninja Scroll
12-30-2001, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Big Ben
That name.... it makes me drool.... ugh.... Soul Calibur 2.... ugh... Excuse me, I need to grab some kleenex.

-Big Ben

HEY YO! Big Ben!

You mind passing me a couple boxes of kleenex too!?

Soul Calibur 2,..... uuuuuuggggghhhhhh... droooooling all over....... :D

Ninja Scroll
12-30-2001, 07:45 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by StudioAlex
[B]You know I never saw what the big deal is about tagging in fighting games. Maybe I can't appreciate it because I never did get around to playing the supposed master of the genre, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, because it seemed to be more about craziness than serious fighting perfection.

Well Alex, I feel as though the tag-team modes in fighting games bring totally differnet aspect to a game. It's like 2 games in one! Now Marvel Vs. Capcom series is a very over the top crazy tag team 3 on 3 brawler with cheesy combo's but it's still alot of fun and freshens up the fighting gernes with new innovations!

I think DOA2 & DOA3 are the best in tag matches, followed by,..well,.... the rest of the herd.