PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Wrestling Shipping

Shadow20002
10-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Gamespot reveals that Eidos' much-hyped game to smack down on retail shelves shortly.

After a prolonged and costly promotional campaign, Eidos' Backyard Wrestling is finally stepping into the retail ring. The game shipped late Tuesday and should be smacking down on retail shelves shortly.

Going after a similar demographic as Electronic Arts' Def Jam Vendetta, Backyard Wrestling relocates the body-slamming action of professional wrestling to everyday settings. The game also features some Jerry Springer-style humor, with players trashing the set of a daytime talk show and making a brief detour to a "gentleman's club."

The M-rated game also includes some video clips of real-life backyard wrestling, where youths imitate their pro wrestling heroes by smashing each other with chairs and leaping onto tables. Little wonder, then, that the game's full title is Backyard Wrestling: Don't Try This at Home, and is preceeded by a 30-second legal disclaimer.

DIGITAL
10-09-2003, 01:35 PM
im gonna rent this one first

spectre187
10-09-2003, 10:59 PM
it has abdullah the ****in butcher in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on! it has to be good! lol... mad man pondo! the sheik should be in it i believe, evil ****ing dead! the game is going to be the **** just for the characters in the game... ecw was the ****... second only to jcw... now that wwe took everything over and is now the sole mainstream wrestling fed, i hate them even more... jcw and all the "underground" federations are where its at, just like music, underground is better... people have more heart and do **** how they want to do it...not how a team of 30 execs tell them to... back to my point after my tired ass babbling...

i think it will be a good game...but that's just me, not everyone will agree, and by the looks of the reviews so far...not very many reviewers palms were greased like some other games do...low scores...ign even used the same ps2 review for the xbox review...isn't that funny how they got graphics scores for two different systems using the exact same review...you would think the graphics would be different between the two systems just because of inherant system capabilities that effect every game, lol... anyway...i smell a game that all the reviews will destroy, while it will gain a very small loyal fanbase...

and this is my big prediction... lol

Yankeez
10-09-2003, 11:31 PM
how long before some idiot kills himself in his backyard then his retarted parents try to sue the developers? :cheers:

spectre187
10-10-2003, 12:36 AM
then their kids a ****ing idiot and the parents are worse. the kid deserves to die if he goes that far and kills himself wrestling in his backyard, i've been doin that **** for about 8 years now and I haven't been life threateningly hurt a single damn time, nor has anyone else in my neighborhood...if the kid can't distinguish a game from reality he's real messed up in the head to begin with and needs to get mental help

Yankeez
10-10-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by spectre187
then their kids a ****ing idiot and the parents are worse. the kid deserves to die if he goes that far and kills himself wrestling in his backyard, i've been doin that **** for about 8 years now and I haven't been life threateningly hurt a single damn time, nor has anyone else in my neighborhood...if the kid can't distinguish a game from reality he's real messed up in the head to begin with and needs to get mental help

i think anybody who does backyard wrestling is an idiot unless they actully went to a wrestling school and understand what its all about, not just watch wwe and then copy them