PDA

View Full Version : The people deny it.

Conchord
10-09-2003, 06:58 PM
I'm really tired of explaining to people that I LOVE my xbox. Its the best console ever made. I'm also tired of explaining to people why PC is better. Case in point- I recieved the following message in my PM box-obviously the guy has Down-syndrome or is typing with his foot.

what the hel u talkin bou 30 dollars for both new my ass unless u waited till now 2 buy umm n whatu talkin bettr graphics on pc r u stupid xbox ca andl better graphics that th newest computes n limit cpipilitis hut the hell up it has more apabilities than anything else n u go ahead n waste yer money on tue crime a chead wana be gta made byactivisionya like that ganna be beter tan a ockstar gme

Begin rant-- Amazing. My original statement was that GTA III and Vice City are best at home on PC, and that I bought them for $30 each at best buy when they were still recent releases. Better graphics, mp3s, DLable cars, skins, modding, patches....its simply logical. I know the pictures of the GTA/Vice City combo pack look great, but I hate to ruin it for you-those are PC screenshots. People will criticize me and say I'm wrong, but when it comes out, I promise I wont laugh and say I told you so. As for his comment on the 'newest computes n limit cpipilitis hut the hell up it has more apabilities than anything else', I take it he was saying that the newest computers couldnt compete with the xbox's capabilities. Wow. ANYONE knows this is not true. I have yet to see a 7.1 speaker set up for xbox. I have yet to see xbox's graphical abilities best my 1 GB RAM card...I have yet to see anything even resembling a PC on my xbox except for the fact that it can RIP cds, which still kicks ps2s ass. Like I said before, the xbox is the king of all consoles, as will its future brothers be. But the PC is the king of all media-music, gaming, online. Anyone who disagrees come check out Halo on my computer and please tell me its not as good as yours. Same for Doom III (which WILL be toned down for xbox-my cousin is working on the xbox conversion at Id Software) and Half-Life 2. I'm not trying to say that xbox sucks, because let me make myself abundantly clear-xbox rules! I'm just saying that it will never beat gaming and multimedia PCs when it comes to custimizable options and graphics. --end rant

CharlieHustle
10-09-2003, 07:30 PM
okay? and your point?? We all know that a high end pc is better than any console.. But some people like me love to sit in front of a 32 inch TV with the CONTROLLER instead of a 15-17 in monitor with a damn mouse. We dont feel like payin 300 bucks for a damn graphics card while we can buy a whole console for that same price. I dont want to keep upgrading crap like ram, storage processors, graphics cards, and so on, especially when the xbox is basically plug and play. I never have to look for the minimum system requirements to play an xbox game on the xbox. I understand what you are sayin, but you are speakin for yourself and your computer. I have a 1.1gig processor with about 20 gigs of storage and 512 megs of ram, but i really dont see myself payin the outrageous price for a graphics card, when my xbox is all i need.

Koopa
10-09-2003, 07:40 PM
i'm also tired of explaining the same thing, xboks, so i'll help you out with this.
yeah, charlie, a lot of those points are valid. but a lot of people have the time and money to devote to making a decent PC (btw, you can get a relatively good card for under 200 bucks, 300 is for a TOP OF THE LINE one)

Xbox Owner
10-09-2003, 07:50 PM
lmao @ the pm

GrggThGrmmRpr
10-09-2003, 07:52 PM
but you gotta remember, you hafta replace it for like every new amazing game that comes out. I used to be a Big PC Fan but then it was I had to buy this and buy that and sit in this uncomfortable chair with a mouse and keyboard and the mouse got dirty and all and it just sucked all the money I had to pay. Its not worth it. Consoles (XBOX) are awesome. I sit in my big queen sized bed with my 32" TV and use a controller. I can also use my computer at the same time. I love playing games with controllers over keyboard and mouse anyway. I think they're easier to use. Plus its impossible to make hacks for console games so you really don't have problems like where you gotta worry bout cheating and such. So lets break it down.

Cheaper. More comfortable. No cheating. Sacrificing a little bit on graphics but you save hundreds. = works for me!

Conchord
10-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by GrggThGrmmRpr
Cheaper. More comfortable. No cheating. Sacrificing a little bit on graphics but you save hundreds. = works for me!

cheaper, yes. more comfortable-depends on the person. i prefer mouse and keyboard. and about the moniter comment made by Charlie, they have video adaptors...I play Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory on my PC on a 51 inch plasma TV. about cheating....game developers are creating punkbusters designed to recognized foreign software on their games and automatically reject the user. as for the graphics, its not that big of a deal to me, its just that when people come out and say that PCs cant compete with xbox i have to put them in their place. I really enjoy playing my xbox, and I think that its the next best thing to a PC, or best pricewise.

Koopa
10-09-2003, 08:41 PM
Some games are just better on PCs, some are better on consoles. RTS games are for PCs. period. same goes for flight sims and the like, that require a large amount of buttons.

FPS's are a middle ground, kinda...i have no problem with a control pad, but lots of people ***** about it. I also have no problem with mouses (mice) but people here ***** that its "uncomfortable" or "gets dirty."
i dont know how you could possibly have an uncomfortable mouse:watchout: and if its dirty, for christ's sakes, clean it! :D

3rd person games, to me, are alot better suited for consoles..splinter cell, crimson skies, ninja gaiden, and every fighting game ever made are some good examples

level3hadoken
10-09-2003, 11:51 PM
yeah pcs are great, and i know if u got a juiced up computer its better than a xbox when it comes to graphics,about the kb and mouse i gotta say i grew up holding controllers of all types and thats what ive become acustomed to , and even though u CAN hook up your computer to a plasma 5000 inch tv its alot easier to hook up your xbox.DOOM 3 and HALF LIFE 2 are going to be awesome and i know thell be better on pc but ill be happy if they even show up on xbox and i know the graphics well be up there with halo 2 so i won be dissapointed.

DocHoliday78
10-10-2003, 12:18 AM
That guy needs a phonics monkey right now. Hey xbox owner that is a tight sig btw.

peejay
10-10-2003, 12:26 AM
this should go to the debate forum. :)

skorp
10-10-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by xbocks
I'm really tired of explaining to people that I LOVE my xbox. Its the best console ever made. I'm also tired of explaining to people why PC is better. Case in point- I recieved the following message in my PM box-obviously the guy has Down-syndrome or is typing with his foot.

what the hel u talkin bou 30 dollars for both new my ass unless u waited till now 2 buy umm n whatu talkin bettr graphics on pc r u stupid xbox ca andl better graphics that th newest computes n limit cpipilitis hut the hell up it has more apabilities than anything else n u go ahead n waste yer money on tue crime a chead wana be gta made byactivisionya like that ganna be beter tan a ockstar gme

LMAO @ PM!!!! :rofl: sorry... I couldnt hold it in...(gf lookin @ me in a strange way)

But you lost me there.... Maybe he was mocking you? IDK!
I hate to say it but you didnt make sense man... I think everyone is "dumber" after reading all of this...
Then again I just got off a long day of work... My brain is fried...

But what I do understand is you love the PC and XBox... And I agree with you there 100%
:cheers:

So what was your problem again?.... :confused:

:wink:

CharlieHustle
10-10-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Koopa
i'm also tired of explaining the same thing, xboks, so i'll help you out with this.
yeah, charlie, a lot of those points are valid. but a lot of people have the time and money to devote to making a decent PC (btw, you can get a relatively good card for under 200 bucks, 300 is for a TOP OF THE LINE one)

First of all, a lot of people dont have the time and money to make or get a high end pc. I have the money to do it, but, why spend around lets say, 200 dallars to upgrade my graphics card, then thats 4 XboX games i could be gettin instead. Now, lets say that i dont have an xbox, then i could get an xbox with that same 200 bucks. Right? The games play well, on the xbox no crashing, plug and play like i said before. My first computer game i played was mech warrior and mech warrior 2. I loved the game, but it was a hassle to configure the cpu to play the game. I always wanted to get into playin pc games, but consoles are most convenient, i dont have to worry about processor speed ram nor video cards.

Conchord
10-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by CharlieHustle

First of all, a lot of people dont have the time and money to make or get a high end pc. I have the money to do it, but, why spend around lets say, 200 dallars to upgrade my graphics card, then thats 4 XboX games i could be gettin instead. Now, lets say that i dont have an xbox, then i could get an xbox with that same 200 bucks. Right? The games play well, on the xbox no crashing, plug and play like i said before. My first computer game i played was mech warrior and mech warrior 2. I loved the game, but it was a hassle to configure the cpu to play the game. I always wanted to get into playin pc games, but consoles are most convenient, i dont have to worry about processor speed ram nor video cards.

With some people money is not a problem. With most it is. The choice is theirs. I just prefer a computer, because all i ever play is FPS anyways, and the KB and mouse controls are better for shooter, in my opinion. And I have the internet, WMP, burning (not just ripping) CDs, email, messenger, and bunch of other stuff only on a PC. And dont even get me started with this xbox-internet thingie their trying to pitch. Please. The xbox is a gaming console and why I would pay extra so it could do something I dont really need it to do is beyond me.

l Maximus l
10-10-2003, 06:15 PM
One thing I enjoy is going to the store, buying an XBox game, coming home and KNOWING that it will work the second I put the disc in.

Koopa
10-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by CharlieHustle
okay? and your point?? We all know that a high end pc is better than any console.. But some people like me love to sit in front of a 32 inch TV with the CONTROLLER instead of a 15-17 in monitor with a damn mouse. We dont feel like payin 300 bucks for a damn graphics card while we can buy a whole console for that same price. I dont want to keep upgrading crap like ram, storage processors, graphics cards, and so on, especially when the xbox is basically plug and play. I never have to look for the minimum system requirements to play an xbox game on the xbox. I understand what you are sayin, but you are speakin for yourself and your computer. I have a 1.1gig processor with about 20 gigs of storage and 512 megs of ram, but i really dont see myself payin the outrageous price for a graphics card, when my xbox is all i need.

Conchord
10-10-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
One thing I enjoy is going to the store, buying an XBox game, coming home and KNOWING that it will work the second I put the disc in.

One thing I enjoy is going to the store....oh wait-staying at home, going onto ebay, buying my brand new game for 30 bucks, getting it in one day on my doorstep, im still at home, and KNOWING that if it doesnt work, Dell sends me a in home mechanic and FREE Palm Pilot.