PDA

View Full Version : XBox FPS Master Controller

SnoochyBoochy
10-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Just wondering about this cause I haven't heard much about this new controller that was supposed to be released in september...

GrggThGrmmRpr
10-09-2003, 10:38 PM
Yeah Where is this thing?! It looks so cool! I wanna know what that lil screen is for and all! I Def. buying 2 of them.

Duke
10-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Haven't checked lately, but I'm pretty sure it should have been released this week.

Don't know much about it. Unfortuantely you can't usually take controllers for a test drive. I'll probably pick one up just to check it out. I've heard from some people who have supposedly used it (although whether that's true, I have no idea) and they said while it takes some getting used to, it is a great controller for FPS.

FragMaster B
10-10-2003, 12:32 PM
EB says it's shipping...

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/237721.asp

JJaX
10-10-2003, 12:57 PM
remember a looooong time ago, when i first got here. Some dude posted here asking opinions on his FPS controller he was making.

Is this the same thing?

Duke
10-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
remember a looooong time ago, when i first got here. Some dude posted here asking opinions on his FPS controller he was making.

Is this the same thing?

Have no idea Jax, but I've read posts elsewhere that the maker is a super FPS fanatic that wanted to make the best fps controller that he could.

Guess it could be, but even the posts I read could be nothing more than speculation.

Dark Enemy
10-10-2003, 01:47 PM
The controller looks ugly, but if anybody here picks it up tell us how it is

rambo128
10-10-2003, 06:48 PM
I read a little about it on the TXB forums from someone that used it at E3. The main thing about the controller is it allows you to use the A,B,X,Y buttons withought taking your finger off the of the right thumpad. For example: in Halo with the regular pad, you must take your thumb off of the right stick to jump. With this pad you can jump, reload, change weapons, whatever w/o ever moving your thumb. This will be incredibly useful in counterstrike i believe. If you want to know where the a,b,x,y buttons are located simply pick up a controller S. The buttons are located where your middle finger and ring finger rest on the pad. As for the little screen where the xbox jewel usually is...it allows you to configure the controls any way you like.

Variation-XBA
10-10-2003, 09:35 PM
Wow...that beats the uglyness factor of madcats...

Interesting on the layout though, I'll have to try it at work when we get it..

Ugh....brown....

SnoochyBoochy
10-10-2003, 09:56 PM
might pick one up just cause i love FPS games.. if this will help me bring up my level a notch or two then i'm all for it... anyone know what they're asking for these controllers? ($)

# 1 Stunner
10-10-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy
might pick one up just cause i love FPS games.. if this will help me bring up my level a notch or two then i'm all for it... anyone know what they're asking for these controllers? ($) 29 bucks, ill pick it up....ill make me even more unstopabble...

FragMaster B
10-11-2003, 01:11 AM
Unfortuantely you can't usually take controllers for a test drive.

Sure you can. Circuit City will give you a 30 day at home test drive. :cheers: That's my plan! I wann chcek this puppy out.

l Maximus l
10-11-2003, 01:21 AM
http://images.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/237721.jpg

Personally, I think it looks sweet. Brown and all. It makes a lot of sense and I actually do need a new controller. It probably would suck at first, but, I bet that once you get the hang of it, you'd probably rock FPSs like no other...

JJaX
10-11-2003, 05:56 AM
Ok i found what i was talking about it. Its not the same thing...

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19070&highlight=controller+and+design

JJaX
10-11-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by rambo128
I read a little about it on the TXB forums from someone that used it at E3. The main thing about the controller is it allows you to use the A,B,X,Y buttons withought taking your finger off the of the right thumpad. For example: in Halo with the regular pad, you must take your thumb off of the right stick to jump. With this pad you can jump, reload, change weapons, whatever w/o ever moving your thumb. This will be incredibly useful in counterstrike i believe. If you want to know where the a,b,x,y buttons are located simply pick up a controller S. The buttons are located where your middle finger and ring finger rest on the pad. As for the little screen where the xbox jewel usually is...it allows you to configure the controls any way you like.

On a regular controller, if i need to press something and not remove my thumb from the stick, ill quickly use my index finger and slide my middle finger onto the trigger.

Duke
10-11-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by FragMaster B

Sure you can. Circuit City will give you a 30 day at home test drive. :cheers: That's my plan! I wann chcek this puppy out.

Thanks for the info Frag. Had no idea. Definitely be buying mine from them since I'm not sure I really need/want the "ultimate" fps controller :cheers:

# 1 Stunner
10-11-2003, 01:19 PM
yeah now that i have been reading up on this it sounds like it will take sum time to get used to but it will be good once ur used to it, i just hope its eay to move back to the older controllers when playing sports games...

l Maximus l
10-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
yeah now that i have been reading up on this it sounds like it will take sum time to get used to but it will be good once ur used to it, i just hope its eay to move back to the older controllers when playing sports games...

I actually use an S-Type Controller when I play fighting games and the Original for everything else. It's kinda wierd, but, similar to what you were saying here. I can see myself having that FPS Controller and switching off with other games since I do that now.

EHWfedPres
10-11-2003, 04:13 PM
There's no possible way a controlle can make you better at a game, especially when it looks like that...

l Maximus l
10-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
There's no possible way a controlle can make you better at a game, especially when it looks like that...

I don't know, man. Think about Halo for a sec...check out the button placement. In Halo, to jump or use any of the other buttons, you actually have to take your hand off of the right analog stick. But, in this case, you won't have to. Just something to think about...I think it's pretty sweet.

kenji
10-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

On a regular controller, if i need to press something and not remove my thumb from the stick, ill quickly use my index finger and slide my middle finger onto the trigger. That's what I do. I might think about it. It looks kinda dorky, but if it helps, I might get one.:confused:

DocHoliday78
10-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Man that thing looks pretty cool. I dont think its that ugly but they coulda picked a diffrent color.

Duke
10-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by kenji
That's what I do. I might think about it. It looks kinda dorky, but if it helps, I might get one.:confused:

As opposed to how cool other controllers look? :rolleyes: