PDA

View Full Version : DVD Drive Problem

Se7en
10-10-2003, 03:31 AM
I have a launch day Xbox, and when I played my recently purhased Family Guy DVD set, a few of the episodes 'stuttured.' Almost like a framerate problem (tho I don't think that that's what it's called in DVDs). I played the discs in two regular DVD players, and experienced no slowing/stuttering at all...

What I'm asking is: Is there any safe way to clean the DVD laser? I always hear bad things about those 'game doctors' and such...

I guess the problem isn't so bad that I can't deal with it, but it'd be nice to watch the episodes w/o the hassle.

Thanks.

Heavens Gate
10-10-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Se7en
I have a launch day Xbox, and when I played my recently purhased Family Guy DVD set, a few of the episodes 'stuttured.' Almost like a framerate problem (tho I don't think that that's what it's called in DVDs). I played the discs in two regular DVD players, and experienced no slowing/stuttering at all...

What I'm asking is: Is there any safe way to clean the DVD laser? I always hear bad things about those 'game doctors' and such...

I guess the problem isn't so bad that I can't deal with it, but it'd be nice to watch the episodes w/o the hassle.

Thanks.

If it's not happening on your games or alot of your other movies, DON'T clean your box. I have had some problems with movies and it was just because the Xbox had trouble reading them. They include

(Jeepers Creepers(it would load some of the time and other times it won't)

Snow white (won't load because it has pc data on the disc.)

Cleaning will make it worse. Your Xbox is fine

Spaztic
10-10-2003, 08:06 AM
I have a launch xbox, and the family guy dvd set. They play just fine on my xbox....I have tweaked the pot on my laser though...