PDA

View Full Version : Got into a fight with a Toys R Us employee over Madden and ESPN

Heavens Gate
10-10-2003, 06:39 AM
He started bashing me for having bought ESPN at launch and not Madden. He said the gameplay in ESPN sucked big time and that Madden was the better game. I told him Madden was a pick up and play type of game and ESPN was a REAL football sim. I left and seen him a few days later at the mall. I walked outside to my car and he clocked me in the back of the head. Then, I proceeded to KICK HIS ASS . The cops and an ambulance were called by a store employee because his nose was broken. He had a friend with him that stayed out of it. This dude was an idiot to think he could sucker punch me and get away with it. I beat his a$$ good. It was such a stupid reason too. Over a football videogame. The police said I was free to go because many other people seen him sucker punch me first and I was defending myself. I guess he won't do that again

Chaotic
10-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
He started bashing me for having bought ESPN at launch and not Madden. He said the gameplay in ESPN sucked big time and that Madden was the better game. I told him Madden was a pick up and play type of game and ESPN was a REAL football sim. I left and seen him a few days later at the mall. I walked outside to my car and he clocked me in the back of the head. Then, I proceeded to KICK HIS ASS . The cops and an ambulance were called by a store employee because his nose was broken. He had a friend with him that stayed out of it. This dude was an idiot to think he could sucker punch me and get away with it. I beat his a$$ good. It was such a stupid reason too. Over a football videogame. The police said I was free to go because many other people seen him sucker punch me first and I was defending myself. I guess he won't do that again

It's pretty sad that you got into a fight over a video game. You should have said, your a loser and walked away. Wether he started it or not, just tell him to F off and move on. Fighting over a video game :rofl: real sad man :rolleyes:

Spaztic
10-10-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage

It's pretty sad that you got into a fight over a video game. You should have said, your a loser and walked away. Wether he started it or not, just tell him to F off and move on. Fighting over a video game :rofl: real sad man :rolleyes:

Whatever he got sucker punched, he had the right to defend himself! I would have beat the living crap out of him to! Way to go Heavens Gate.

RudedogX
10-10-2003, 08:13 AM
I've heard of people getting defensive over their choices of games before but that's rediculous!:rofl:

mattgame
10-10-2003, 08:49 AM
What's sad is that he had to get snuck over a video game. I would have tried my best to beat him until he said ESPN, ESPN, over and over again.

Dirty DeStrO
10-10-2003, 09:26 AM
That's hilarious Howell .... say ESPN ***** ... say it .... I could see it now. I don't condone fighting over a video but the way I see ... he was fighting over a video game and you whooped him for laying his hands on you. Nice work ... that **** is mad funny anyways.

Chaotic
10-10-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy

Whatever he got sucker punched, he had the right to defend himself! I would have beat the living crap out of him to! Way to go Heavens Gate.

The whole point was it never to get to the point where he had to get sucker punched, just say your a loser and leave. End of story. :o

But since he did get sucker punched i would have done the same thing and beat his ass :D

spectre187
10-10-2003, 11:17 AM
That guy must not have a life, starting fights over damn video games...and on top of that he got his ass beat, so he obviously didn't know what he was doing, since if you do get the jump on someone from behind, you should always win... that's funny...that guy deserved what he got... good job man :)

smack_roscoe
10-10-2003, 12:23 PM
It's too bad you both didnt pull knives and stab each other in the back of your heads. I'm so impressed you kicked a guys ass over a video game and feel you acheived a "higher" purpose to your miserable and futile existence.

Practice Darwinism. Try to evolve a little apeboy.

thrAsher
10-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by smack_roscoe
It's too bad you both didnt pull knives and stab each other in the back of your heads. I'm so impressed you kicked a guys ass over a video game and feel you acheived a "higher" purpose to your miserable and futile existence.

Practice Darwinism. Try to evolve a little apeboy. Little grumpy this morning, smack_roscoe? :rofl:

Duke
10-10-2003, 12:34 PM

Read what happened genius?

While I certainly can't even imagine a video game argument (which is pretty much un-imaginable to me in the first place) escalating to that level, the point is that he was minding his own business and got punched. At that point I don't care what the argument was about. A fight got started, a fight needed to be finished. 'nuff said.

Maybe you should practice Darwinism and turn your back the next time someone tries to cold **** you. Bet you won't be quite as smug.

bigloser
10-10-2003, 12:45 PM
Espn2k4 is not sim, it's not even close to being a football sim.

JJaX
10-10-2003, 12:53 PM

Do you ever actually read the posts? Or do you just read the thread titles and proceed to type your garbage.

I think you need to work on that whole r-r-r-r-reading thing.

By the way, *cough* Off topic *cough*

Wolfboy_888
10-10-2003, 02:15 PM
i would of pulled a ralphie from a christmas story on his as*

Heavens Gate
10-10-2003, 03:35 PM
The arguement didn't happen when I got hit. It happened a couple days before. It wasn't really an arguement. It was just a difference in opinion (so I thought) and that was that. When he seen me at the mall (2 days later) I was just about done drinking my soda at the eatery and I left. He must have been waiting or watching me because as I was exiting the mall heading toward my car he just sucker punched me. I still don't even know why because like I said it was just a difference of opinion. He was the one getting nasty with me so I left it at that and left Toys R Us. It was days later that this happened. I won't walk away from someone who hits me. I'll kick some a$$. Thanks for all that supported my decision in not walking away and letting someone hit me for no reason at all.

level3hadoken
10-10-2003, 07:28 PM
dude, you did the right thing if u had let him sucker punch u and walked away i mean c mon thats stupider than the reason he punched u. lol i gotta its pretty funny though, he had the first hit and still got his but whooped LOL :rofl: I SUPPORT U ALL THE WAY I WOULDA DID THE SAME.

Variation-XBA
10-10-2003, 09:32 PM
go back and tell him he's a PS2 Fanboy :P lol

skorp
10-10-2003, 11:01 PM
Thats some crazy stuff! hehehee..

I would've done the same thing after being suckered like that though..

If Ding Dongs like that ever attempt to pull a stealth on you again... Do it again!:watchout:

Hopefully that guy learned his lesson...

Yankeez
10-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Variation
go back and tell him he's a PS2 Fanboy :P lol

he was probably from the TXB staff

:cheers:

No Fear 23
10-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
I won't walk away from someone who hits me. I'll kick some a$$. Thanks for all that supported my decision in not walking away and letting someone hit me for no reason at all.

i feel ya, when someone hits me first, they better run bc so much anger gets build up inside me.

i made 2 threads about the fight i was in. (2 diff. fights)

Heavens Gate
10-10-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

i feel ya, when someone hits me first, they better run bc so much anger gets build up inside me.

i made 2 threads about the fight i was in. (2 diff. fights)

Exactly. I don't start fights. As a matter of fact, I'm a very liked and layed back person. I won't however let anyone hit me when my back is turned and get away with it. I don't know anyone who would. This dude obviously had some issues. It's hard to believe that there's people in our society walking the streets. Who in their right mind would walk away from that? That's BS

Nameless00
10-11-2003, 12:38 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Darwinism the belief in "survival of the fittest"? Seems to me Heavens Gate was the fittest in this situation.

DocHoliday78
10-11-2003, 03:37 AM

Geez what got stuck up your butt today? The man was in defense. Anyone else would have fought back. Good job Heavens way to kick some ass

Heavens Gate
10-11-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

Geez what got stuck up your butt today? The man was in defense. Anyone else would have fought back. Good job Heavens way to kick some ass

Thanks Doc. I certainly would hope nobody would walk away from a sucker punch when their back was turned. I never would do that to someone, especially over a videogame. Like I said, I don't understand why this dude did this. It was just a simple difference in opinion. As a matter of fact he was a PS2 fanboy. Pretty damn silly if you ask me. Maybe I could be a spokesperson for SEGa Sports. I can see it now

Man takes one to the head for ESPN and then goes to the house on dude's face. I could be like that dude from the Subway commercial.:D