PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox Screenshots: Mission: Impossible - Operation Surma

Chr0nik
10-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Link (http://gameinfowire.com/news.asp?nid=3187)

l Maximus l
10-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Looks pretty cool...first time hearing about it for me.

TuffEagle88
10-10-2003, 05:20 PM
It does look pretty good, maybe a little too much like Splinter Cell and it sounds like its gonna need the same kind of strategy as Splinter Cell, but its not really a copy since the first Mission Impossible game (which was really good, IMO) came out years before Splinter Cell was ever thought up.

I hope its as good as the original.

WynnFire
10-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88
It does look pretty good, maybe a little too much like Splinter Cell and it sounds like its gonna need the same kind of strategy as Splinter Cell, but its not really a copy since the first Mission Impossible game (which was really good, IMO) came out years before Splinter Cell was ever thought up.

I hope its as good as the original.

Are you talking about the N64 game? I liked that game up until the damn repelling down out of the ventilation shaft and through the friggin lasers that were all over the place. I later completed the game though. Of course, I think it had a few dents on it from being chucked into the wall a few times out of aggression. Those N64 cartridges were strong. :cuss: :D

TuffEagle88
10-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by WynnFire

Are you talking about the N64 game? I liked that game up until the damn repelling down out of the ventilation shaft and through the friggin lasers that were all over the place. I later completed the game though. Of course, I think it had a few dents on it from being chucked into the wall a few times out of aggression. Those N64 cartridges were strong. :cuss: :D

Yea, I'm talking about the N64 game, but I never got 1/2 that far, but I only got to rent it. I think that I may have gotten to the level after the one where you had to rescue that prisoner and pretend to be an ambassitor I think, maybe he was a general.
Alot of the n64 games are so rare that they may still cost you 20+ bucks for a used one, which is pretty pathetic.:(

Viper87227
10-16-2003, 09:01 PM
This game has my eye, but I will have to rent it 1st. I love MGS2 but hate Splinter Cell, so I am hoping this game is more like MGS2. We shall see in due time I guess

l Maximus l
10-17-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Viper87227
This game has my eye, but I will have to rent it 1st. I love MGS2 but hate Splinter Cell, so I am hoping this game is more like MGS2. We shall see in due time I guess

Man, I am completely opposite! I can't stand MGS2 at all...to me, it reminds me of a decent PS1 game. Not just graphically, but, the entire premise of it just plain sucked. It's cool that you like it and all, but, I don't think it holds a candle to Splinter Cell. In fact, I think it's tough to even say the names of both games in the same sentence. Or...did I just do that? :D

Xorg
10-17-2003, 03:19 PM
has anyone seen the trailer on the OXM disc? alot of the moves the guy did reminded me of splinter cell

Viper87227
10-17-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Man, I am completely opposite! I can't stand MGS2 at all...to me, it reminds me of a decent PS1 game. Not just graphically, but, the entire premise of it just plain sucked. It's cool that you like it and all, but, I don't think it holds a candle to Splinter Cell. In fact, I think it's tough to even say the names of both games in the same sentence. Or...did I just do that? :D

Nope....MGS2 was in the 1st entance and SC was in 2nd to last :p

Ito
10-18-2003, 09:38 PM
Looks great. Looks like MGS and SC put together, cant get any better than THAT.